“Highly recommended”

Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin
Ranked #16 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Terrific central location with easy access to shops and many restaurants. Staff extremely friendly and helpful, even down to the chambermaids.. Good sized bedrooms, well presented and large comfortable beds. Excellent breakfast, cooked just the way we wanted.

Room Tip: We stayed on second floor overlooking the roof garden.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
Guest_Relations_Fitz, Guest Relations Manager at Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

Dear gnowad,

Greetings from the Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin,

Thank you for taking the time to rate your stay with us on tripadvisor.

The team and I are delighted that you have enjoyed your visit to us and take heart from the positive sentiments you have expressed regarding the hotel & our location.

We look forward to an opportunity to welcome you back to the Fitzwilliam Hotel in the near future.

Kind Regards,

Guest_Relations_Fitz

Write a ReviewReviews (2,825)

Reviewed November 26, 2012

Was delighted with how close the hotel is to great restaurants and shopping. Unfortunately, do not remember too much about the rooms since I got back late and had a very early morning flight out of Dublin.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank gnowad
Guest_Relations_Fitz, Guest Relations Manager at Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded December 12, 2012

Dear gnowad,

Greetings from the Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your most recent stay with us.
I am delighted to read that you have really enjoyed our location.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

Have stayed here several times. Good location. Helpful staff. Considerable variation in room type and size. That's why I've marked rooms as average even though one I had would easily rate 'fabulous'
Food has always been good, particularly the breakfast. The gym's not very large. Lots of great restaurants nearby.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business

Dear Suzesue,

Greetings from the Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin,

Thank you for taking the time to provide detailed feedback on your most recent stay with us.
I am delighted to read that you have really enjoyed our location & found the team so helpful.
I was also very pleased to read your positive comments on our food & in particular the breakfast in Citron Restaurant.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

I'm used to stay often in this hotel. The location in the center of Dublin is perfect. Usually the rooms are great but I had a bad experience last time with a room on the 6th floor (last one) : noises coming from the roof the whole night (i.e. elevator engine etc ...)
The breakfast is just average, given the price: last time, there was no orange juice left, and the eggs and bacon were average.

Room Tip: Avoid last floor rooms
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Dear Sebastian75020,

Greetings from the Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin

I am delighted to read that you have enjoyed our excellent location.

Unfortunately the noise was due to an issue with the building next door, which was out of our control.
Let me assure you that your comments on the quality of breakfast will also be taken on board & given immediate priority.

Reviewed November 23, 2012 via mobile

Great staff, nice public areas, but ridiculously small rooms with barely room to manouevre. And that was with an upgrade! The room was cramped and for the price paid I would have expected more space. Great location though.

• Stayed: November 2012

Dear ladydaly,

Greetings from the Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin,

I am delighted to read that you have enjoyed our public areas. I was also very pleased to read your positive comments on the hotel staff.

I look forward to the opportuninty to welcome you back to the Fitzwilliam Hotel. If I could please ask you to reserve with me directly so that I can ensure you will get a larger room on your next visit.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed November 19, 2012

I've stayed before and enjoyed it, this time was tarnished by leaving an expensive item behind and then surprising housekeeping not being able to locate it. Very sad indeed when you can stay at a lower class hotel and have personal items returned to you.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends

Dear StaffordshireLilac,

Greetings from the Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin

Let me assure you that your comments regarding a missing item will be taken on board & given immediate priority.
Could you please be so kind as to email me directly with some more information about the item.
My email is kcarroll@fitzwilliamhotel.com

I would also be delighted to act as your point of contact to ensure any return visit to the Fitzwilliam Hotel would be seen as our opportunity to provide the perfect stay.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

Stayed here for the weekend with my husband and we had a great time. The hotel is ideally located on St Stephen's Green just by Grafton Street so you are within easy walking distance of all Dublin attractions. The Hotel itself is very nice, we stayed on the 5th floor where the rooms have balconies overlooking St Stephen's Green. The room was pleasant enough but surprisingly small and was slightly dominated by the 4 poster bed, if it were not for the magnificent view I would probably have been slightly dissappointed. We had cocktails in the bar which had a lively atmosphere and also ate lunch here which was very tasty. Breakfast was of a high standard with eggs cooked to order and everything else you would expect in a buffet.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gemralph
Guest_Relations_Fitz, Guest Relations Manager at Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2012

Dear Sarah Benson,

Greetings from the Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin,

I am delighted to read that you have really enjoyed our location & the view from the 5th floor balcony room. I was also very pleased to read your positive comments on both our bar food & breakfast in Citron Restaurant.