“Bed Bed Ever + Service = Simply Stunning”

Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin
Ranked #14 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
London, United Kingdom
“Bed Bed Ever + Service = Simply Stunning”
Reviewed February 5, 2012

Pros?

Seriously comfortable beds. Modern furnishings. Genuine, helpful. service. Location can't be beat. Great restaurants. Beautiful view over St. Stephen's Green. Clean clean clean.

Cons?

Price. Thought I was getting an upgraded suite room with a balcony and the room was amazingly small. Bathroom was beautiful but a tad worn - shower door didn't close, shower head sprayed everywhere. All minor faults but for an EUR 290 room per night, I had higher expectations.

Room Tip: Make sure you know what you're paying for - read their website carefully and check with the hote...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Carrie R
AlanVallely, Front Office Manager at Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin, responded to this review, February 7, 2012
Dear Carrie R,

I am delighted to read that you have enjoyed many important aspects of your most recent visit to the Fitzwilliam Hotel.
Our decor, service levels, location and cleanliness are key aspects of any stay and I am glad we have managed to achieve high praise for these elements.

I am sorry that the room which you have experienced was declared slightly small for your needs. I thank you for highlighting also, the aspects of our rooms and service which we can work on and improve.

I am sure that both our prospective guests and the hotel will benefit of your advice to ask any questions prior to arrival as we are always delighted to assist and provide advice and assistance for upcoming visits to Dublin.

Carrie R, I look forward to any opportunity to welcome you back to the Fitzwilliam Hotel.

Front Office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (399)
  • Turkish first
Reviewed February 5, 2012

Very corteous and professional staff, gorgeous room, great breakfast. Unbeatable location. I'll definitely come back.

Room Tip: They're all good
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank fmf26
Dear fmf26,

Greetings from the Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin.

I am delighted you have enjoyed our staff servcie levels, breakfast offering and the hotels location.

I trust that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Princeton, New Jersey
Reviewed February 4, 2012

I was going to Dublin for business and my husband decided to come along so, for our first night, I decided to book a good hotel rather than the business hotel we would be staying in the next few nights. This was lovely, from the early check-in (about 10am) to the late check-out at 3pm, everyone was as helpful as could be. The room was lovely with an entrance lobby - great for all our wet clothes - and a very nice bathroom. Room was reasonable size and comfortable, with a window seat that would turn into an extra bed. The "not-so-great"s: the towels were thin and a bit dingy, clearly seen better days; the shower, whilst lovely, had a very variable tempertaure and went from cool to scalding and back in seconds; and the breakfast was so-so and if it hadn't been included in the rate I would have been very disappointed with it. We'll happily come back here though - we are coming back to Dublin in October and made reservations when we checked out.

2 Thank aod326
Dear aod326,

Greetings from the Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin.
I am delighted that your stay at the Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin provides such fond memories and your decision to upgrade your time in Dublin to the Fitzwilliam Hotel was a success.

It is a pleasure to understand that we could accommodate you without delay on arrival and also convince you to stay a little longer on departure.

I thank you also for providing us with an opportunity to revisit certain elements of your stay and our service, which I assure you will notice improvements to upon your much awaited return later this year.

aod326, I look forward to the opportunity tom personally welcome you back to the Fitzwilliam hotel.

Galway
Reviewed February 4, 2012

Stayed in this hotel early January - I purchased weekend away as a Christmas gift for my husband, which included diner, bed & breakfast and a spa treatment. Check in was uneventful, room clean but a wee bit small (we did have to change room after first night due to noise from St. Stephens Green area and Luas). Breakfast was poor, seats most uncomfortable, had my doubts about freshnees of food - lots of small food flies about. Although hotel was very quiet, service at breakfast was slow.

When I turned up for my prebboked spa treatment, the place was closed. After a few telephone calls with reception staff, who initally admitted an error they then tried to imply that treatment was booked for next evening. Appointmnet and a complimentary treatment was arranged for next evening.

Diner was booked for 7pm, and we duely arrived at dining room, ordered our food within 5 minutes and we sat and waited and waited and waited.....

After 50 minutes we were still waiting for our starters, we asked a member of staff who admitted that there was a problem in the kitchen. Our starter finally arrived within the hour and was poor. While we waited for our main course to arrive I observed one of the chefs in the kitchen ( they have an open window where customers can clearly see into the kitchen) mixing a white sauce. he kept stiring the pot and tasting the sauce - and yes he kept using the same spoon without clenaing it, i commented about this to my husband and siad I hoped neither of our dishes would have any white sauce. Can you imagine my horror when my salmon arrived with white sauce - i thought i would be sick but as we had waited so long for our food I said I would scrape sauce to side and eat the remaining food.When i tasted my salmon it was ice cold, i then cut it in the middle and to my upmost horror it was raw in the middle. At this stage we had enough, left restaurant and demanded to speak to manager, however there was no manager on duty but we were assured he would be on duty first hing in morning and would speak to us.

Breakfast next morning was equally a disaster, cold etc ... I could go on but whats the point.

Manager was not availble the following morning - had to travel on unexpected business and has never contacted us regarding our experience. We did speak to a deputy manager but at that stage damage was done, we couldn't wait to get out of the hotel, we checked out ealry so I never got to avail of my spa treatments.

Room Tip: Avoid any room overlooking St. Stephens Green
7 Thank Fiuise
Dear Fiuise,

Greetings from the Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin.

I am disappointed that the manner in which your stay unfolded, was unreflective of the service we seek to provide.
It is regrettful that we could not convince you to afford us the opportunity to rectify your experience whilst you were still resident in the hotel although sincere efforts were made.
Fiuise, I also apologise that you did not avail of the reserved treatments but trust that the discussed and agreed waiving of all charges related to this stay will in some way make up for this missed opportunity.

meath
Reviewed February 4, 2012

Great location. Rooms immaculate with gorgeous decor! A real treat! Breakfast was delicious!

• Stayed April 2011
1 Thank Ruth M
Dear ruthMeath,

Greetings from the Fitzwilliam Hotel.
I am delighted we managed to meet your expectations and I thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback on this experience.

The team and I look forward to an opportunity to welcome you back to the Fitzwilliam Hotel.

Kindest Regards,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 1, 2012

I stayed at the Fitzwilliam whilst in Dublin on a work trip. The service we received was second to none. There were no requests that seemed too much and all the staff were highly professional and very friendly. The location of the hotel was perfect. We were in walking distance of everything and its close proximity to the park meant it was nice and quiet in the evenings. The breakfast in the morning was second to none and set us up nicely for the full days we had.

• Stayed November 2011
1 Thank x-Rubes-x
Dear x-Rubes-x,

Greetings from the Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin.
I am delighted to read your review on this most recent stay with us in Dublin city.

From the professional and friendly staff interactions to the location and food and beverage experience, I am proud to understand that our service objectives were both apparent and successfully delivered.

x-Rubes-x, thank you for visiting, enjoying and reviewing the Fitzwilliam hotel Dublin.
We look forward to a return visit in the not so distant future.

Galway, Ireland
Reviewed January 30, 2012

We recently stayed in the Fitzwilliam on St Stephens green - 2 night weekend break, bed only €304 total. I reserved an 'executive' room online and looked forward to staying in a spacious select room, a room of higher status than a standard. To my dissapointment I was allocated a standard room. While the room itself was nice, had all amenities and was spotless it was very small. When I queried this room allocation at the desk I was informed that 'Executive' is in fact standard and while my reply at the time was 'cunning marketing' in hindsight they created an expectation that was never met and I feel slightly tricked. Not the end of the world but I felt it was worth a mention.

1 Thank JenJones75
Dear JenJones75,

Greetings from the Fitzwilliam Hotel Dublin.
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your most recent stay with us.

I am delighted to understand that you have enjoyed our location, housekeeping standards and the overall service offered during your stay.

I apologise however that a description of the executive room, our entry level category of room was misleading.

Due to the nature of tripadvisor, I am unfamiliar with your specific booking, however I have reviewed carefully our homepage verbiage and that used on our primary booking channels and am unfamiliar with any referring or eluding to the executive category as an upgraded or superior size room.

I would be delighted to make myself available to discuss the verbiage or descriptions which lead to disappointment upon arrival.

JenJones75, I hope that your disappointment would not deter you from a return visit to the Fitzwilliam Hotel. Please allow me to offer myself as a point of contact should a return visit be forthcoming.

Kindest Regards,