“Hip, but don't expect much” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Morgan

The Morgan
Ranked #35 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
Kansas City
“Hip, but don't expect much”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2009

I stayed here in a suite with two friends the week of the U2 concert. Cool lobby and bar decor-wise and the room had potential. However, upon closer examination the room was quite dirty. We could tell that many parties had been held in there. At least two of the lamps had burned out bulbs. The 2 story window facing the street had a giant crack in it, and I just felt the bathroom had not been really cleaned in a long time. The furniture was quite "used" for lack of better word. The service in the hotel bar was VERY slow when we sat in there around 4 pm. There were about 2-3 other parties that came in and one left as no one even asked for their order after about 20 minutes. Not good for a city where drinks are fairly cheap and they were not cheap here. This hotel is in the heart of things which can be good depending on what you're looking for. That said, we also stayed at the Morrison across the river where the service, rooms and lobby bar were much better for just a few more dollars. If you're looking for hip, funky hotel in Dublin, skip the Morgan and go to the Morrison.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank etoKansasCity
MartinaFlood, General Manager at The Morgan, responded to this review, September 29, 2009
Many thanks for your review on Trip Advisor.

I’d like to extend our apologies for the dissatisfactory stay that you experienced.

The Morgan Hotel prides itself in ensuring that all of our customers receive friendly, efficient service in comfortable surroundings, therefore you can be rest asssured that I am carrying out a thorough investigation of the issues and will deal with those responsible ensuring that there is no reoccurrence.

With regard to the bedrooms at the Morgan I am pleased to inform you that we are currently undergoing a rehaul on a number of our guestrooms. This should be completed shortly.

Once again, my apologies and should you have any queries at all, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Martina Flood

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (521)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Ennis, Co.Clare
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2009

Really enjoyed my stay in the Morgan. I was very impressed with the stylish decor throughout the hotel. Our room was a tad on the small side. Very little room on the dresser for our make-up etc. although I loved the full length mirror. The room was however clean and tastefully (although sparcely) furnished. There was a bathrobe provided in the bathroom which was a nice touch but there was only one, and two of us. When we checked in we were told we could have breakfast in our room at no extra charge. We availed of this service and our breakfast was delivered to our room exactly when we asked for it, nice and hot and very tasty. Again though, not much room to eat it, only one chair and tiny dresser so I had to sit on the bed to eat mine. The bar was heaving on sat night, a bit too crazy for us so we headed out to a few of the other bars in temple bar. I would suggest that the management tone down the music a bit as it was a bit too loud and the atmosphere in the bar was a little intimidating. The doormen from the hotel were very friendly, approachable and gave us some good tips on where to go for the night. All in all we had a good stay and I will definitely go back again for a weekend.

• Stayed August 2009
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
MartinaFlood, General Manager at The Morgan, responded to this review, September 21, 2009
Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor.

Here at The Morgan we are delighted to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your time spent and was impressed with the stylish decor of the hotel.

You are indeed correct that we are located conveniently in the heart of Dubin city centre and are in the perfect location for a girlie weekend.

On behalf of the team here we very much appreciate all your constructive comments and very much look forward to your return in the future.

isle of man
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2009

I first stayed in The Morgan in 2005 and it took my breath away - funky, sparkling and fun with shiny clean rooms and was VERY trendy! Now 4 years later I returned with my daughter (16yrs) as I thought she would love Temple Bar and The Morgan would be amazing for her....... well - I paid for a deluxe room - the first one was quite tatty and worn looking so I asked to change and an amazingly helpful guy called MALCOLM gave me another room - same decor but much much smarter - some rooms have maybe been refurbished and others not?? I did find some parts of the hotel looking a bit tired compared to my memories of 2005 and would suggest a major overhaul is needed if the hotel is to keep its reputation and edge. Overall though it is still a great place to stay - right at the heart of Temple Bar (and a deluxe room at the back is VERY quiet). The rooms were very clean and all the staff were very polite and helpful - especially the wonderful MALCOLM who is a great ambassador for the Morgan and was extremely helpful and consistently a pleasure to deal with...

• Stayed September 2009
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
MartinaFlood, General Manager at The Morgan, responded to this review, September 23, 2009
Many thanks for your review on Trip Advisor.

I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time spent in The Morgan and appreciate all of your constructive comments.

There is currently a refurbishment taking place on some of the guestrooms in the hotel therefore we certainly take into account our guests feedback and suggestions.

I will certainly cascade your kind comments onto Malcolm and the team and should you have any queries at all, please do not hesitate to contact me.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2009

Either you sleep on top of Hard Rock Café ot The Morgan's own Disco. If you intend to be out ll night, no problem. If not ask for a room on a higher floor. We got a new room on third floor without any problem.

Typical Irish build quality? Shower door impossible to close, bathroom floor leaning towards the door, no doorstep and carpet outside = always wet socks then you lived in that room (302)

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Many thanks for your feedback on Trip Advisor.

Here at The Morgan Hotel we appreciate constructive comments as it helps us to improve our standards for your next visit.

Once again, thank you for your review and should you wish to return in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Phoenix, Arizona
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2009

Checked in gave us a key to a room that was occupied.... Poor guy we walked in on, we felt bad.
Room was fine, but boy is it loud. Dublin was unseasonably warm, no air-conditioning in the hotel, and too loud to leave the windows open.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
MartinaFlood, General Manager at The Morgan, responded to this review, September 15, 2009
Many thanks for your feedback on Trip Advisor.

I wish to extend my apologies in regards to the mix up with the room and can assure you that this is not the norm in The Morgan Hotel.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your constructive comments which I feel have been very beneficial to the hotel.

If I can be of any further assistance or you have any queries at all, please do not hesitate to contact me.

new york
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2009

Do not stay here, there are much better hotels in Dublin for the same amount of money. The rooms are very noisy and shabby. I was very dissapointed in the hotel--it looks much better in the pictures and on the website. In addition some of the people at the front desk were rather rude and unhelpful. Also there is no gym in the hotel--the fitness center option is a gym around the corner that is 20 euro a day.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay in our hotel.

I’d like to extend our apologises for the dissatisfactory stay that you experienced. The Morgan Hotel prides itself in ensuring that all of our customers receive friendly, efficient service in comfortable surroundings. Be assured that I am carrying out a thorough investigation of the issues and will deal with those responsible ensuring that there is no reoccurance.

I am pleased to inform you that there will be a major refurbishment carried out on these rooms and just over 50% of the other hotel rooms. This should commence shortly and be completed this year.

Once again, my apologies and should you wish to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me.

northern ireland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2009

The Morgan was disappointing for several reasons. Firstly we were upgraded at our own cost as our room was not ready. The room was very basic and the bed was a small double not even a king size.

Secondly, the noise was ridulous! You expect hustle and bustle in Temple Bar and thats fine, but its the noise of the empty bottles being collected from 5 in the morning that is really frustrating. All the rooms seem to be on the side of the street where the morning clear up takes place.

Thirdly, they hotel is a haven for teenagers in the evenings. Its like a teenage nightclub and is certainly not what you would expect in a 4 star hotel. There is only one bar and you cannot enjoy a drink without enduring the banging music and the kids are 10 deep at the bar trying to get served.

Finally, they do not have a carpark which is not the end of the world as there is a car park directly opposite. There is a discount coupon for hotel guests, however, the bill for parking two nights was 76 euro and the discount is only a small percentage.

On the plus side, they paid our car park bill and only charged us for a standard room. They were also very apologetic and polite. However, we wont be staying there again. It will be the Dylan, The Radisson Blu or the Westin next time as they have all been tried and tested!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
MartinaFlood, General Manager at The Morgan, responded to this review, September 8, 2009
Many thanks for your constructive comments on Trip Advisor.

Here at The Morgan we very much value customer feedback and feel that it is very beneficial to the hotel.

I wish to sincerely apologise for any inconvenience you experienced whilst visiting. However I'm delighted to hear that you found our team very polite and efficient and that your car parking bill was complimentary.

In regards to our Morgan Bar we are strictly over 21's and have a house DJ playing Thurs-Sun along with a bongo player Fri-Sun.

If you do wish to return to The Morgan Hotel in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me and I will ensure your stay is most enjoyable.