“THE place to stay in Dublin”
Review of The Morgan

The Morgan
Ranked #39 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed March 22, 2009

The atmosphere in Dublin for the rugby was incredible but our stay at The Morgan topped it!
This boutique hotel is ideally situated for shoppers and/ or those wishing to party in the Temple Bar area. The decor is minimalist with quirky flashes of colour which is incredibly appealing and it represents real value for money.
Nothing was too much trouble for the staff who exuded warmth and confidence from arrival to departure. I have stayed before with my husband and son but my return with my sister was even more memorable. Dave Schneider fronts the team. His charm, local knowledge and exceptional people skills left us with the feeling that we were so much more than guests. This really is THE place to stay in Dublin and we can't wait to return.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
emmadonlon, General Manager at The Morgan, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2009

Many thanks for your review on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted to hear that you spent an enjoyable Rugby weekend with us at The Morgan Hotel.

David Schneider has worked for our hotel for well over a year now, and I think I can safely say that his level of customer care is rarely found within the hotel industry and I am certainly very grateful that he is with our team.

Once again many thanks for your kind review. If I can be of any assistance to you in the future please do not hesitate to contact me. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Morgan Hotel next time you are in Dublin.

Reviewed March 18, 2009

The Hotel was lovely, very trendy and rather poowsh! We loved the rooms.. its quite strange hearing other reviews about how bad the rooms were and how dirty they were as we had no problems in our 3 rooms! yes.. 3 rooms, mind our fault, we broke the shower in the first one and we complained the 2nd was to small and then ended up in the perfect one, this was all in 15 minutes due to wor' Malcolm being so sufficient but they all seemed lovely and clean to me!
The location is great.. you can fall out of one pub into the next and the next and the next and then strait into bed! :-) ...with your chips and gravy!
The bar was lovely.. a 21 bar but if your residents its 18 for you.. but we had to remind the rude bar maid and door man of this, and then we made a complaint about them wich they deserved for being so rude to a lovely guy called Raja who paid for our dinner the next day bless him!
Cocktalis at the hotel bar LUSH (a bit expensive 12euro,but everything in Dublin is the same!) Breakfast was good to.. we were looking forward to a standard breakfast of toast and cerial.. when we seen the smoothies, fruit salads and fried breakfasts we were in heaven!
It was a lovely hotel and we made a lovely friend Malcolm! i think he was one of the only one to understand our typical sarcastic geordie jokes!
We spent alot of money, but its soo worth it if you can afford it, MUST go to guiness factory and on the viking splash.. not matter what your age everyone loves a laugh now and then?!
If offered or i had enough money.. i would go back and stay forever! Unfortunatly i did not find the guy of P.S I Love You to ask him to marry me :(

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with friends

Many thanks for your review on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your time with us at The Morgan Hotel. Your kind comments are greatly appreciated, I will ensure they are cascaded to the team.

As you mentioned, the hotel is ideally located in Dublin’s Temple Bar, with hundreds of fantastic bars and restaurants just minutes away.

Thanks once again for your feedback and I look forward to welcoming you back to The Morgan Hotel in the future.

Reviewed March 11, 2009

My boyfriend and i went away to this hotel for Valentines day 2009 and thouroughly enjoyed our stay!
We arrived on the friday night and were greeted at the door and the man behind the desk greeted us by our first names (they must have been expecting us) which was quite pleasant. When we enquired into where to get breakfast etc for the next day it wasnt very easy to communicate as he was Eastern European but was extremely helpful when he figured out what we wanted to know!!
The hotel is in the perfect position is you are wanting a city break for the nightlife ectc as it is placed in the middle of temple bar which is the main street for pubs and bars. I have heard people complain about the noise in the hotel on Trip Advisor but all i say is why book a hotel in the centre of nightlife if you are going to go to bed extremely early and complain about the noise?! We found that when getting ready to go out the hotel was noisy but it is what is to be expected and when you got in at 2-3 o clock there was very litte noise at all as the pubs on the main street had closed and people had moved on to clubs.
As i said i did find the room noisy and when we returned from the trip i was sent a questionaire by the hotel to see how id enjoyed my stay. I mentioned the noise and recieved an email from the managemnt saying that if i had said somehting they would have put me in a room at the back of the hotel so it was not as noisy and also said that if i were to stay at the hotel again i coukd have a free upgrade which was good.
Anyway, the htoel decor is absolutely amazing when we pulled up and saw it for the first time it was gorgeous! The bar that adjoins to our hotel is really good and has gorgeous cocktails and the hotel is just done out beautifully.
Our room was extremely large and we had all the room we needed and a big VERY comfy bed! Our room had one of those doors that join into the room next to you and so that might have been the source of all the noise that we had heard but the room's decor was lovely. There were a few marks on things but i guess that's what is to be expected. Generally in this area people come for stag nights and hen nights and nightlife-trips and so obviously things are going to get a bit messy and furniture can't be constantly replaced and overall the room was extremely clean and very nice to stay in as was the bathroom. Our toilet did constantly run with water which was quite anoying but we didnt complain as we were out of the hotl most fo the time anyway and just closed the bathroom door when we wanted to sleep!
The location of this hotel is fantastic if you are looking for nightlife and shopping etc and the decor is amazing. What i liked least was the running toilet, noisy (at times) rooms and i think that communication could have been better with the staff but over all we thouroughly enjoyed our stay and would go back!!

Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TheEll
emmadonlon, General Manager at The Morgan, responded to this reviewResponded March 31, 2009

Many thanks for your feedback on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your Valentines weekend here at The Morgan Hotel.

As you mentioned, the hotel is ideally located in Dublin’s City Center, just a short stroll away from Grafton Street, Dublin's main shopping thoroughfare, theatres and the IFSC, Dublin's primary business district.

Many thanks for taking the time to write this review, your constructive comments have been beneficial to the hotel. On behalf of the team here, I look forward to welcoming you back to The Morgan Hotel in the future.and should you have any queries at all, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Reviewed March 7, 2009

We had been in Ireland (including North) for a week--Dublin was our last stop. The hotels we stayed in during the visit were excellent (Jurys Hotel in Cork, The G in Galway, Lough Erne in Enniskillen, and The Merchant in Belfast). Thus, we were psyched for the same "stay" experience to end our trip. Unfortunately, we were almost beyond devastated when we entered our rooms at the Morgan in Dublin! Both rooms were horrible--stains on bed and floor, very filthy carpet, window wouldn't close in one room, closet doors falling off, no wi-fi as promised even on card in room, furniture looked like something that had been dragged in off the street discard pile. Thankfully, we were promised a room change as of the next day--but, that meant we had to spend a horrible night (window that wouldn't shut was right above the Thunderbird Cafe bar) in a horrible room--something that will stick with us forever when we think about our trip to Ireland. While the hotel's service recovery was good--The Morgan Hotel should NEVER reach the point of service recovery. With so many options in today's difficult economic times, the hotel has to be near perfect in every aspect immediately upon the guest's entry! Good service recovery in a situation like this is unlikely to lead to positive word-of-mouth since it wasn't just one miscue, there were too many to count! Service recovery in this instance only means that we didn't move to the Clarence Hotel.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor and for the feedback you provided for us while staying at the hotel.

I would like to sincerely apologise for the number of issues you experienced during you stay, making it a less than satisfactory one. I have investigated the issues raised in your review and, as you are aware from the emails we have exchanged, a subsequent meeting has taken place with my management team to ensure that these incidents are rectified as a matter of urgency. Procedures have been put in place to eradicate many of the issues that you outlined.

As I mentioned in our email correspondence I really hope you will come and stay with us again next time you are visiting Ireland and afford us the opportunity to restore your faith in The Morgan Hotel. Please contact me directly and I will be delighted to make the necessary arrangements on your behalf.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to write this review, your constructive comments have been very worthwhile and will help to ensure that standards are restored.

Reviewed March 5, 2009

I had the priveledge or staying at The Morgan with collegues for a conference in September of 2007. I loved it and, so did my collegues. It is located in Temple Bar right up the road from the nightlife and, in the centre of town a short distance to anywhere you may need to go in the centre of Dublin. The hotel itself is super modern and boasts to be a design hotel which it most certainly is. The Rooms Are HUGE! The lighting is well thought, The furniture is smart (Phillipe Starck Louis Ghost chairs in the rooms), The wireless internet works well and, the AC, TV all work well. The minibar is exxie as they always are but filled with more interesting items that usual. The bed is super comfy and, the Doona super thick & cosy. The Bathrooms are beautiful too with Jo Malone ammenities.

The Restaurant serves a good Pint of Guiness and, has a Tapas menu in the evenings which is fantastic try to get one of the cosy circular booths at the back. Breakfast is a modern Buffet with a few interesting options and, the Coffee beats any I had in the UK...:). The Conference facilities are great with plasma's & comfortable leather chairs. The staff are also very thoughtful & helpful.

The Bar goes off too ! Very trendy even considering its in Temple Bar. If you can stop in for a late night snack or dinner at the 'Elephant & Castle' down the road. They have the most amazing Cajun Chicken Wings EVER. Not very Irish I know but Dublin has a much more muticultural feel now anyways.

If you can ask for a look at the rooftop suite. We got a lookin whilst there it is amazing!

I would go back and, suggest it to anyone else thinking of business or a trendy hotel in Dublin that has a bit of action.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled on business

Many thanks for your review on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted to hear that your time spent in The Morgan Hotel was most enjoyable and that you intend to recommend us to friends and family travelling to Dublin.

Reviewed March 5, 2009

As soon as we entered, first thing we noticed was the vomit stain on our bed. 2nd thing we noticed was a balcony with a broken door handle and easy access for anyone to claim up and get in. third thing we noticed was the sheets had not been cleaned. fourth thing we noticed was nothing had been clean! this is single handedly the worst hotel i have ever stayed in. I have been in Italy, France, England, Ireland, Canada, Mexico, and 40 of the 50 states. I have stayed at all sorts of hotels cheap, expensive, b&bs, apt style, etc. This is hands down the worst Hotel I have ever stayed in!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
MartinaFlood, General Manager at The Morgan, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2009

Many thanks for all of your feedback on Trip Advisor and the feedback you gave to us while staying at the hotel.

I would once again like to sincerely apologise for the number of issues you experienced during you stay, making it a less than satisfactory one.

As you already know from the emails we have exchanged, we in The Morgan Hotel strive to ensure that all of our customers receive friendly, efficient service in comfortable surroundings. It is obvious from reading your mails and this review that during your stay this did not happen and for this I am sincerely sorry. As you know I have carried out a thorough investigation of the issues raised and they have been the subject of meetings with my management team.

I would like to reiterate my apologies and I can assure you that the necessary measures will be taken to ensure that such incidents do not occur in the future. I am confident that on your next visit to The Morgan Hotel you will notice a marked improvement. As I stated in my email to you, if you do decide to visit The Morgan Hotel next time you are in Ireland please do not hesitate to contact me. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Once again thank you for your constructive comments, which I feel have been beneficial to the hotel.

Reviewed February 25, 2009

Stayed here for valentines weekend with my partner and must say overall it lived up to expectations. As with another reviewer we were mistakenly allocated a standard as opposed to the deluxe double room booked, but they were friendly enough in changing it and thankfully so, as there is a pretty big difference as we found out. No qualms with the room whatsoever, very spacious, nice shower suite, no broken furniture, dodgy mirrors or other such malarkey, so surprised to read some of the other reviews here. Staff were extremely courteous and friendly, particularly those on reception, and as noted elsewhere the hotel has a very popular bar at weekends, which was a bonus. The location is outstanding, hard to be more central, and despite the bars surrounding it, our room was extremely quiet and well insulated. Overall definitely enhanced our experience of Dublin...

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple

Many thanks for your review on Trip Advisor.

I am delighted to hear that you spent an enjoyable Valentine’s weekend with us at The Morgan Hotel. Your kind comments are greatly appreciated, I will ensure they are cascaded to the team.

If you do decide to visit The Morgan Hotel again in the future, please do not hesitate to contact me. We look forward to welcoming you back.