“Excellent Location”

Ranked #35 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Excellent Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

As the title says this hotel is perfect location for everything from sightseeing to pub crawls.

We really enjoyed staying here, the atmosphere in the bar on an evening with live music was brilliant!

The food was of a very high standard and staff were more than helpful.

I would say it probably is a little over priced although this doesn't affect the overall experience at all!

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Charlotteannm
Morgan_Hotel_Manager, General Manager at The Morgan, responded to this review, June 1, 2014
Charlotteannm, Hello I hope this email finds you well. Wow, great review of your stay with us, thank you. It's always so nice to see such positivity on a sunday. Our location is amazing isn't it. Smack Bang in the exact heart of Dublin's Temple Bar surrounded by all of it's wildlife and adventures. We are a stones throw away from everything really. People from all over this planet come for this and to take part and experience things first hand. I am delighted that you can now put your name on this list. Thank you for the mention of our live music. It is the talk of the town and number one on the must do list in Dublin. Our renown resident Dj's jamming with our Live musicians creating a Vibe like no other and in turn flows throughout every nano inch of the hotel. Amazing. Has everyone coming back for more. Charlotteannm, once again thank you for such a thoughtful review, and I look forward to welcoming you back with us sooner rather than later.

Eddie Sweeney

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (525)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

We stayed here for a concert. The location of the hotel was excellent for us right in the heart of temple bar. We had no problem with noise. Rooms were ok could do with a bit of a refeb. Found it overpriced for the quality of room.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Lisah1111, Hello I hope this email finds you well and all. Thank you for taking time out and writing a review of your recent stay with us. So close to all the cool live venues, who did you go and see. There are so many great gigs the last while and they keep announcing more everyday. Very exciting. And even more exciting is that most of them stay with us, so looking forward to meeting a few of my heroes coming up. So were a bit over rated. I'm sorry that you feel that way. Being the most quirky and funked up hot spot in town with everybody talking about us it's interesting to hear / read being described as over rated. Well, please email me direct the next time you plan on coming up to the big smoke for an event and I'll arrange a complimentary upgrade to one of our signature design suites and we'll see if we can turn that frown upside down and start again at being friends.

Take care and thank you again

Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2014

I was actually supposed to stay at Gibson or Marker but as both were sold out, I decided to opt for the Morgan. It's got an absolutely fantastic location, right in the middle of Temple Bar, and is steps away from the two pubs where I spent some of the evenings relaxing from the conference craze.

POSITIVES:
Staff was wonderful - I think everybody I run into was Polish and both service and communication was great. There was always someone at the desk, no delays, great help with expediting a few requests, and I was able to leave my bags with the hotel easily before check in and after check out.

Decor - nice lounge, interesting rooms with a mix of neoclassical bed head, and purple, lit dressers, inside a room that fits little else. Still, cute and it does have an ambience of a sort.

Shower - one of the best water pressure I've ever seen in a hotel, great to turn to very hot and just pour down one's beck to get tension out.

NEGATIVES:
Noise - even with windows closed, I had to sleep with earplugs to actually get some shut eye. It was noisy all night long, and with cobble stone cleaning machines and garbage collections vehicles starting early, it was tough.

Construction - it was not advertised on their site that there would be construction at the hotel during my stay. Lounge was closed for 3 of 4 nights, and breakfast served in a hot meeting room.

Heat - no air conditioning, only a table fan in each room and a standing one in the hallway... :( It was unbearable at night, and with no fans in the washrooms, humidity would linger forever from both the shower and the outside rain.

Mold - completely unacceptable in my opinion. You could see it all around the window and smell it on entering the room. That needs to vanish, it's both a health issue and immediately brings down an otherwise good hygiene score to a zero.

All in all, I think most of these problems are addressable and this hotel could find itself getting 4-4.5 on a regular basis. Thanks again to the staff!

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Morgan_Hotel_Manager, Owner at The Morgan, responded to this review, June 16, 2016
Thank you for taking the time to leave us this review regarding your recent stay. It is always good to hear that our staff really made the difference, and we all are very thankful for all the compliments that you paid us on your review up above!! I hope to see you again soon, here at The Morgan!
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2014

Stayed here with a friend for one night as we were going to a concert in Croke park. Picked it solely because it looked lovely online, although most hotels don't always look as nice in real life this one certainly matched every single picture and certainly met expectations. The interior and decor is outstanding and is so modern throughout the entire hotel including bedrooms. Staff friendly and helpful and the breakfast was terrific.

As for location the morgan couldn't be better. I would not even look at another hotel for if returning to Dublin

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Jemma T
Morgan_Hotel_Manager, General Manager at The Morgan, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Jemma T, Hello you, I hope your days going well. Jemma T, thank you for taking time out and writing such a nice and thoughtful review of your recent stay with us. I love when there is a gig on at Croke Park and the buzz in the streets takes over Dublin. Thousands upon thousands of people attending the concerts building up the vibe and buzz, getting ready for the show, singing along, Amazing. Just think we have Garth Brooks coming soon and I cant wait for this one. Jemma T, thank you for noting our signature design pieces throughout the hotel. Every nano inch of the hotel is looked at and tweaked on a daily basis to help maintain and run the world famous Morgan Vibe, which in turn has the whole planet curious. Everybody wants some and always comes back for more. The morgan Vibe helps enhance the senses through light, energy and music and along with having a funked up level of eleven helps create the best of both worlds.

Take care and be well

Joe Foran
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2014

I recently stayed here with some friends for a girly weekend and loved it! Brilliant location and hotel is just perfect. Great buzz around the hotel. Staff were really friendly and helpful. Wish I could have stayed longer. I loved it that much I'm booking to go back in a few months for my boyfriends 30th as a surprise weekend away for him. I just hope it's as good as my last visit. I stayed in the standard room but maybe ill book delux next time if I get a good deal.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Morgan_Hotel_Manager, General Manager at The Morgan, responded to this review, May 29, 2014
Louise21, Hi and hello I hope this email finds you well, and that you are getting some of this sun thats hitting Dublin right now. Wow, what a nice, thoughtful and equally brilliant review of your recent " Girly" weekend with us. I love girly weekends lol. Always so much fun and never a dull moment. With such an amazing location in the exact heart of all the wildlife and adventures Temple Bar has on offer, there is always something to do, try, buy, see or experience right on our doorstep. Amazing really. A must for everyone. Louise21, once again thank you for the kindness and I look forward to welcoming you back sooner rather than later

Be well

Co Antrim
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 22, 2014

Stayed here recently in a large group and it was an excellent choice. Right in the middle of all the goings on - it was perfect. A bit baffled about previous reviews complaining about the noise - what do they expect when they stay in the middle of Temple Bar. When I closed the room window at night - the noise was totally blocked out and our room was at the front of the hotel, so I am not sure what they could hear! Room was very clean, a bit small, but had everything we needed so no complaints there.

We spent most of the day out and about - there was a fantastic atmosphere everywhere, people dancing to live music in pubs at half two in the afternoon - it was great!

This is the perfect hotel for exploring Dubin and it will certainly be my first choice for accomodation for when I go back.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Morgan_Hotel_Manager, General Manager at The Morgan, responded to this review, May 23, 2014
SaffronButtercup ( the best tag name ever ) Hi and hello I hope this email finds you well and all. What a Fantastic review of your recent stay with us. Thank you. In life, time is one thing we never get back, so the fact that you used some of your time for us is a true honour, thank you. SaffronButtercup, I love reviews like this. Full of positivity and thoughfullness. Amazing to read and for all to share and experience through your eyes. Our location is Awsome isn't it. Smack Bang in the exact heart ( aorta ) of Dublin's Temple Bar surrounded by all of it's wildlife and adventures on our doorstep. Singing and Dancing in the middle of the afternoon, are you sure about that lol. People come from all over this planet to be involved and to experience this and to take part in the fun and excitement, and I am delighted that you par-took. SaffronButtercup once again thank you for the nice, thoughtful, warm, no messing around, straight from the heart, you only live once and all around funked up review, and I look forward to welcoming you and your amazing tag name back with us sooner rather than later.

Be well

Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2014

I have t say the bar men are full of wonders, they actually are well trained at bar tending. The best time to go here is off peak hours, nice and quiet and everything is much cheaper. Nice to go on a day date in. But the night is more for a good group of friends, t have some fun. The music is outstanding, i was impressed with their jazz and bongo performance and that was just a sunday night, i can only imagine what a friday or saturday is like. We came in with a lot of bags and we asked the reception to mind it for us and it was no problem. The time i had went before I was speaking with a receptionist and she had answered all my questions and was so helpful, i think her name was Julia.She had blonde curly hair with dark roots. Some of the people that go there are weird, which isn't such a bad complaint.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Shiela C
Morgan_Hotel_Manager, General Manager at The Morgan, responded to this review, May 18, 2014
Shiela C, Hi and hello I hope this email finds you well. I've heard that Weird is the new in thing to be. Weird though can be described as so many different ways. Of, relating to, or suggestive of the preternatural or supernatural. Of a strikingly odd or unusual character; strange. The list goes on and on. It's amazing the way life works in cycles isn't it. What was once " weird " or "uncool" is now "in" and "hip", like the rubix cube, or old nintendo games. Anyway Shiela C, thank you for taking time out and writing such a nice, thoughtful, retro, and all around funtastic review of us. In a way your review is a bit weird so your totally in style I see. People from all over this planet come to us for our Vibe. An energy that flows through every nano inch of the hotel, helping to enhance the senses to new and unexplored levels of light, sound and energy. An awsome experience that has us quite possibly the coolest spot on earth. Everybody wants some and always comes back for more, and I am delighted that your name is now on the list. Shiela C, once again thank you for your random act of kindness, and I look forward to welcoming you back with us sooner than later

Be well and stay Weird