“Location and style”
Review of The Morgan

The Morgan
Ranked #40 of 152 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed May 1, 2014

I know the location of this hotel would be perfect but I am never sure if the pictures are true to what you'll experience. This hotel was beautiful, stylish, creative, weird and even had a sense of humor. We booked the one bedroom suite for the tail end of two weeks of busy travel. The suite was clean and more spacious than any downtown room I've stayed in. Granted it was a suite but the cost wasn't much higher than a regular king room so why not have a little luxury? We had a little balcony and the noise from Temple Bar wasn't a problem at all.

Room Tip: One bedroom suites are beautiful. Noise from Temple Bar was not an issue.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Morgan_Hotel_Manager, General Manager at The Morgan, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2014

Gayle H, Hi and hello I hope this email finds you well and all. Gayle H, thank you for taking time out and writing such a nice and thoughtful review of your recent stay with us. Excellent review, thank you. It's amazing how staying with us brings out the kindness. People always come back for more, and share their experiences with others. Amazing how it works. Everybody wants some. Gayle H, I love your description of us. You hit the nail on the head. At The Morgan there's an energy that flows through every nano inch of the Hotel, creating the world famous Morgan Vibe that has everybody on this planet talking about us. The lights, the music, the signature design pieces, tha funked up atmosphere... We've got it all. Gayle H, once again thank you for the random act of kindness, and I look forward to welcoming you back with us sooner than later and we'll see if we get weirder lol

Eddie Sweeney

Write a ReviewReviews (2,955)

Reviewed April 30, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a concert had a great time amazing location in the heart of Temple Bar across from a great wee pub 'The Dubliner'. no complaints about hotel very clean, rooms are good size, breakfast was lovely & cocktails were great :))))

• Stayed: April 2014

782cat12 Hello, I hope this email finds you well. 782cat12, thank you for taking time out and writing such a nice, short and sweet, straight to the point, no messing around, warm hearted and all around nice review of your recent stay with us. Who did you go to see. Our location is Amazing for concert going isn't it. Smack Bang in the heart of Temple Bar surrounded by all the wildlife and adventure ( even before the concert ). Many of the bands that play in Dublin stay with us, so it would be interesting to hear if you bumped into the band you came to see while here. It's been known to happen. 782cat12, once again thank you for the kindness and with all the cool gigs heading to Dublin in the next while I hope to see you with us. Take care and be well

Reviewed April 30, 2014

I visited the stunning Morgan hotel with my boyfriend for his birthday last night. I had booked with the lovely michaela who was extremely professional and easy to deal with. Due to the special occasion, Michaela promised us one or two incentives which was a really nice touch for us!!

Upon arrival, we were greeted warmly and given drinks vouchers on the spot. We arrived into a beautiful,
Spotlessly clean room with the biggest most comfy bed I've ever slept on.

The drinks were absolutely delicious the staff were so friendly and welcoming and honestly I can't say enough
Good things about Michaela. Overall I would 100% stay in this hotel again as I loved every minute of staying here

• Stayed: April 2014

Tara C, Hi and hello I hope this email finds you well and all. Tara C, now that's a great review. Thank you. It's Amazing how random acts of kindness work. I log on to my computer and read such a nice and thoughtful review and Wham, the sun just came out and smiles are everywhere. Thank you Tara C once again for the kindness and I hope to be welcoming you back with us sooner than later

Be Well

Reviewed April 30, 2014

This is a great little hotel right in heart of Temple Bar, but don't worry if Temple Bar isn't your 'thing'; 20 seconds and you're out of it and en route to anywhere else you want in this fantastic and incredibly cosmopolitan city.

The hotel itself alludes to being a 'boutique' hotel, and yes ... it does have a bit of a contemporary feel; clean, fresh and a bit quirky in areas. Certainly nothing to complain about, though ... and the bedroom I had was fabulous; clean, spacious and well-appointed. The only slight issue was that it was side-on to a night-club (another night-club, that is - there's one in the hotel) which could be a little noisy for some at the weekend - didn't bother us though!

Another couple of observations: if you're going to use the hotel lobby toilets (specifically a cubicle!), take a torch ... they are impossibly dark, with the dimmest of red lights to see 'what's going on'! And finally, if you've ever wanted to star in a dodgy 70's film, the hotel elevator should satisfy your needs ... what the the padded leather interior, dodgy lighting and throwback music, you'll be bringing out your inner Huggy Bear in no time!

All in all though, a great hotel in a fantastic location, and good value to boot! Recommended!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple

LargeSauvignonBlanc ( love the name ) Hi and hello I hope this email finds you well. I can't remember the last time I've enjoyed a review such as this. Thank you. I love the 70's references. Our lifts are the talk of the town. It's amazing how many people come in and check them out. The Morgan with all of it's signature design pieces and funked up atmosphere along with our famous Vibe has everybody loving us and always coming back for more. I am delighted that your name is now on this list lol. LargeSauvignonBlanc once again thank you for the nice, thoughtful, retro, hip and funked up review, and I look forward to welcoming you back with us sooner than later. Please ask for me the next time you are around and I would like to treat you to one of our new Morgan signature design cocktails. All the best and take care

Reviewed April 27, 2014

This is a really nice hotel that is well located in a Temple bar and easy access to all parts of the city centre. The staff are as helpful as you will find and always ready with a smile and offers of help. However, a couple of items let the hotel down so only four stars from me. First, the breakfast area is too small. In four days, I twice had to wait for space to become available. This is no great issue, but not ideal if you are in a hurry. The breakfast itself was a great selection with plenty on offer. For me the biggest issue was the white curtains! It was far too light, too early and as soon as it is light I am awake: no fun at 5:30am due to white, light curtains. On a positive note, if you like a powerful shower, the one I had will flail you if you let it......and it was really hot also, so great result there. Finally, personally I am not keen on seeing Mona Lisa Moon whilst waiting for the lift! Don't let the four stars put you off, this a great hotel if you don't mind these minor gripes of mine.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Izvor
Morgan_Hotel_Manager, General Manager at The Morgan, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2014

Izvor, Hi and hello I hope this email finds you well. Izvor, thank you for taking time out and writing a review of your recent stay with us. Our location is amazing isn't it. The exact heart of Dublin's Temple Bar surrounded by all it's wildlife and adventures. A stones throw away from everything. People from all over this planet come to experience this and be in the thick of things. Excellent that your name is now on this list. I have forwarded on your comments regarding the curtains being " Too White " and we'll be looking into this. All the curtains in the rooms have black out curtains behind them to avoid the sunlight. If you could be so kind as to email me direct on generalmanager@themorgan.com and let me know what room you were in so I can investigate. The amount of compliments and questions we have about our showers is unreal. Everyday emails about them. We even had a guest a few months back ask to buy one off us lol. I adore the flailing reference. It's so nice to get reviews with personality and humour, thank you. Well, Izvor once again thank you for taking time out and reviewing us and putting a smile on all our faces. Please email me before your next stay and we'll see if we can get the Mona Lisa to not moon you lol.

Reviewed April 25, 2014 via mobile

Working in dublin city center I never had much reason to go to The Morgan Hotel before until recently and I'm glad I did. You'd find it difficult to find warmer staff in a hotel in Dublin. Overall The Morgan Hotel is absolutely fabulous from the food, to the decor of the rooms/lobby and cleanliness of the place overall but it's the staff that really set this place apart. The bar staff was always friendly and the receptionist always had a smile to offer. I met two lovely members of The Morgan team in the lift and after a few minutes of chatting felt like I was talking to friends I've known for years. Michaela and Anya(I hope I'm spelling that right) were more than happy to listen to me talk away about myself and when I mentioned a theatre company I worked with were able to suggest an end of year party in The Morgan. I just felt so comfortable talking with them that I asked for a card and have passed it on to the head of my group who organizes our parties. I've worked in the service industry for years and it's fantastic to find there are people that still enjoy what they're doing. Keep up the fantastic work girls and hopefully I'll see you at the end of the year now ;)

• Stayed: February 2014
Morgan_Hotel_Manager, General Manager at The Morgan, responded to this reviewResponded May 5, 2014

Karlgerard, What an excellent way to start a bank holiday monday at 6.30am reading a review as nice as this. This review set the tone for the day my friend, thank you. It's nice to be nice to the nice. Michaela and Anya are Amazing aren't they. Social Butterflies as we call them. Always floating about making sure that our guests are relaxed and at home. Aside from our Amazing location, world famous Morgan Vibe, signature design pieces, and over all funked up atmosphere, what put us at number one is our staff. Each and everyone of them are hand picked and fine tuned / tweeked to perfection. Amazing really. You will not find better, more friendlier, more outgoing and generally more funked up in the whole country, we're very lucky to have such a cool and eclectic mix that has everybody coming back for more. With people travelling away from home for business more and more, you can see the the difference it makes when they walk through our front door and a smile appears and in their hearts they know that they are welcome / comfortable and cared for with us. Karlgerard, once again thank you for the kind, thoughtful, upbeat, straight from the heart and all around nice review, and I look forward to having you back with us sooner than later

Reviewed April 24, 2014

We stayed for a long weekend recently, the quirky decor is great but needs a bit of refreshing, ripped, torn and worn are common. We were there for friends birthday and they had hired the penthouse suite as the party room, what a great venue, although I feel more could be done when the weather is inclement to make better use of the available space.

Our first room was far too small and looked bare so we upgraded to a suite, this was fantastic, almost like a self contained flat, it had everything and more.

Breakfasts were very good in the restaurant, no worries, the staff were always helpful and professional.

The bar served very good drinks and cocktails but the prices were astronomical, and the fact the hotel sits in the centre of Temple Bar it gets very very busy at the weekend, we didn't go in the one night as getting a drink was far too much trouble. There may have been a residents bar but we were never made aware of it. All that said I did have to explain to one of the bar staff twice exactly what I wanted as he pored two wrong drinks for me.

Slight complaint, the tea and coffee were never replaced for the four days of our stay, very odd.

Room Tip: Ask for a suite
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Steve S
Morgan_Hotel_Manager, General Manager at The Morgan, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2014

Steve S, Hi and hello I hope this email finds you well and all. Steve S thank you for taking time out and writing a review of your recent stay with us. The good, the bad and the ugly as it sounds. I have forwarded on your comments and issues to the relevant departments and rest assured I will be looking into these closly, thank you. Steve S, please contact me direct on generalmanager@themorgan.com the next time you plan on staying in Dublin and I will organize for a complimentary upgrade to one of our signature design suites with full Vip treatment, and hopefully we can start again at being friends. Take care and have a wonderfull day