“Happy Birthday in Dublin!”
Review of The Morgan

The Morgan
Ranked #39 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed February 27, 2014

Like many travellers I use Trip Advisor to check out locations before I book a hotel. The reviews for the Morgan were mixed but on balance we elected to stay for my birthday weekend 24th January 2014 for 2 nights.

We arrived fairly late and our taxi struggled to get us to the door of the hotel as Temple Bar (the sheet where the Morgan lies) was heaving, but what a great atmosphere. The hotel was right in the thick of it. A great location! We checked in within seconds and went straight to our room. I had read very mixed reviews about the rooms but ours was beautifully furnished, tastefully decorated and was a delight.

We headed straight out to the street to explore and I noticed that the night club/ bar in the hotel was heaving and fairly noisy.

After our first evening in Dublin we got back to the hotel and dropped straight into bed. A delight! So comfortable. I could just about make out the thump of a bass guitar rising up from the bar but you would have to focus on the sound to be kept awake by it! The hotel had also thoughtfully provided ear plugs for those light sleepers.

We had breakfast included and that too was a delight. Served in the bar/restaurant where the night cub had been.

The important aspects of a stay for us is, a comfortable room, a central location, a good breakfast and friendly helpful staff. I have to say that the Morgan ticked all those boxes! Would we go back again…..in a heartbeat!

Room Tip: If you want peace and tranquillity stay away! If you want a central location, bars, activity and a s...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Morgan_Hotel_Manager, General Manager at The Morgan, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

DavidJM720 Hello I hope your keeping well. DavidJM720, thank you for taking time out and writing such a nice, honest, thoughtful, informative and all around good hearted review of your Birthday stay with us. There are two things that we do well. Birthdays and Ticking Boxes and I am delighted that we did both for you lol. Birthdays are such an important time and that fact that people come to us to share and spend their time with us is a true honor. It's always so special to see the looks on the faces of the Birthday go'ers when they arrive. There's a glow about them when they walk in our designed entrance and take it all in. Then the Morgan Vibe takes over for the rest of the journey and the rest is history. People keep coming back every year for this and we do our best to top the year before. Interesting. DavidJm720, I do hope you realize that you have started a trend now and we expect to see you next year same time, same place for your next one. Hopefully sooner though lol. Anyway, take care and have a great week.

Eddie Sweeney

There are newer reviews for The Morgan

Reviewed February 26, 2014

Stayed here on Valentines weekend, even though the hotel was busy the staff still catered to all of our needs!
The staff in the restaurant were just fantastic!! The guy who brought us our breakfast in bed was just so cheery and nice! Cocktails are amazing, had tapas for dinner - they were good. Not the best tbh! We got upgraded to a suite and it was fabulous!

Reviewed February 26, 2014

I came here after a long week of work with a couple of colleagues to blow off some steam over a few beers...
What a great night, the music and atmosphere was super, with efficient service. I asked one of the waitresses for a recommendation and she advised 'Pillow Talk'. (I think that's the right name,) anyway, WOW! Literally a dream in a glass!! They also happen to make excellent Margharitas for the more classic palate..
So a big thank you to Kerry who told me about the drink and to the bar men who really know how to make a cocktail memorable.
Definitely coming back here!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 25, 2014 via mobile

This is my second review of the hotel.Have been staying here for work 3 nights a week & the service really is outstanding. Special mention to Lilly & Adelfa who work in the restaurant & frontdesk.These ladies always do the little things well, name ask about the family, work etc. I would say a customer service feedback form in the rooms for customers would be a bonus.

• Stayed: February 2014
Reviewed February 25, 2014

This was mine and my boyfriends third time staying here and it was the third time it was absolutely amazing...the staff, the drinks, the room and the food were all top-notch! A great location and a beautiful hotel, we are already planning a return for this summer!

Room Tip: Any room is a good room!
1  Thank mquinn105
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Myself and my girlfriend spent an night in the Morgan, the accomodation was ideal, central to town and very clean. We spent an evening downstairs in the Bar where were served by a brilliant barman, Danny I think his name was, he was extremely friendly, entertaining and very helpful when it came to recommending places and things for us to do during our stay. My girlfriend has not stopped talking about the Margarita's that he made, brilliant. Well worth a visit to the Morgan!!

Reviewed February 25, 2014

I booked two nights in the Morgan Hotel for myself and my girlfriend for a mid-week getaway in mid January, and I must say that we had nothing short of a perfect stay there. Upon reaching the hotel, a lovely lady by the name of Paula greeted us and took care of our luggage as we were on our way to a musical in the city. The modern furnishing and trendy vibe of the hotel thus far ensured me that we were in for a break to remember. Upon our return to the hotel, Paula returned our bags to us and directed us to the room in which we would be staying.

Both my girlfriend and I were left rather speechless when we entered the room which was not only ENORMOUS, but also incredibly cosy. The suite had a bright, modern look and feel with all of the trimmings, a spacious bathroom, a huge SMART TV and not to mention, on a raised platform, sat a funky red bathtub at one end of the room! Chris (the duty manager) had advised me that for a romantic getaway, that this was the perfect room... And boy was he right! Chris had also organised to leave a bottle of wine on ice in our room on arrival, along with a pair of cocktail vouchers to be redeemed at the hotel bar.

On our second night, another lovely lady by the name of Bevin helped us with directions to various places around the city which we wanted to visit and also organised a taxi to the O2 where we were going to see the Maroon 5 concert that night. We returned from the concert to the hotel bar where the DJ kept the party going and the atmosphere electric! The barman, Danny, prepared two amazing mojitos for us (which we thoroughly enjoyed) and was also super friendly and professional, chatting to us about our night so far and our stay in general.

We were also informed about the amazing fitness centre, which we had every intention of using... but the room was just waaaaay too comfy to leave! But when we did manage to drag ourselves away, everything such as restaurants, bars and shops were only a stones throw away with the hotel being situated in the buzzing Templebar area of Dublin City Centre.

I'd like to thank Chris for all of his help with making this a perfect couples retreat! Also, Paula and Bevin for all of their help during our stay and of course, Danny and Karl for those awesome Cocktails! :) I cannot wait to stay at the Morgan Hotel again!

Room Tip: If you are booking a room for a romantic break, trust me, ask for the room with the red bathtub! The...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple