“Quirky but a good spot.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Morgan

The Morgan
Ranked #35 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
Ballina, Australia
“Quirky but a good spot.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

Unlike the lucky reviewer maudin, we didn't get any upgrades nor any free cocktails. So for most of you I wouldn't expect to get this either. but be not deterred never the less. its the kind of oasis feel about this place in the middle of busy temple bar that makes this a good hotel to stay and the quirky décor adds to the atmosphere. Rooms aren't big (unless you are miraculously upgraded to a suite) but are none the less comfortable and have nice amenities. The other good thing about the place is that it is very central to things a visitor to Dublin is going to want to look at. It is close to a great tourist info centre, a PO to send things home and the Air bus connect stops/collects about 3 minutes walk away. This comes every 15 minutes or so. Be warned - this is a party area to the wee hours so if this is not your thing make sure you ask for a room at the back or somewhere quiet otherwise you may as well join the party!

Room Tip: Say "some random reviewer on TA called maudin got a free upgrade to a suite and two free cockta...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Morgan_Hotel_Manager, General Manager at The Morgan, responded to this review, September 1, 2013
Smartywishbone Hi and hello I hope this email finds you well and that the shining sun in Australia is as bright as ever. Smartywishbone thank you for taking time out and writing a review of your recent stay with us. An oasis is a perfect way to describe us. Thank you. A hidden Gem in the heart of Temple Bar with all it's adventures and wildlife on our doorstep. Well, I'm sorry Smartywishbone that you didn't recieve the same complimentary upgrade as Maudin received. The Free Cocktails Maudin got were part of the package in which Maudin booked ( a special deal that has sky rocketed the past while ) Our world famous Morgan Mojitos on arrival. Each and everyone of our one hundred and twenty one rooms at the Morgan are uniquely different from the next. All shapes and sizes funked up and designed with comfort, relaxed, chilled out, sexy, risque even. The Morgan Vibe runs through each and every nanoinch of the hotel bringing it all together creating an experience not to be missed and remembered, making everyone leaving wanting more. Smartywishbone, thank you once again for taking time out and writing your review. Very informative and to the point. Please drop in to us the next time your in Dublin, ask for me, and it would be my pleasure to treat you to a complimentary Mojito. Thank you again and enjoy your sun

Eddie Sweeney

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (524)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Tacoma, Washington
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

Amazing hotel in the heart of the Temple bar area. Right along the cobblestone streets. Walking distance to shopping and business districts. Fantastic restaurants near by. Delicious European food. The hotel was clean, great happy hour and breakfast. Nightlife was entertaining.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Claire J
Hi Claire J I hope this email finds you well and all. Claire J, thank you for such a nice, short and sweet to the point thoughtful review. That was really nice of you. It's amazing how positivity works. It's like a domino effect. The domino effect is a chain reaction that occurs when a small change causes a similar change nearby, which then causes another similar change, and so on in linear sequence. Amazing really. Can you Imagine if everyone on the planet was nice at the same time what would happen. Anyway Claire J I am delighted that you enjoyed and experienced all aspects of your stay with us. People from all over the world come to us for this, and always come back for more. I hope to welcome you back with us sooner than later. Be well and thank you once again

kilkenny
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in the Morgan hotel last Saturday night,and I must say a great hotel,friendly staff,with a good buzz about the place.
The lady who checked me in,sorry cant remember you name,was very friendly and efficient,gave me an upgrade to a suite,and 2 free cocktails from the bar.the rooms have been refurbished and I must say are really looking classy,clean and comfortable.there was a makeover since my last visit here in march,and it really shows.was able to park my car in the car park just across the street with a good overnight rate,what more could I ask for,yes indeed a great hotel,great stay,we'll done to all .

Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
Hi Maudlin I hope this email finds you well. Maudlin thank you for writing such a nice review of your recent stay with us. Excellent, Thank you. It's reviews such as this that I print off and put on display in our staff area to show everyone what a great and special job we're doing. I think the difference with the Morgan is that we care. We care and it shows. It's the little things that mean the most. People work hard and value the spare time that life offers us ( no matter how rare it is ) At the Morgan we know and understand how special time is, and what a difference it makes to each and every guest. At the Morgan, you will never get a text book " Robotic" answer from anyone here. Each and everyone of our staff are hand picked and encouraged to be as quirky and funked up as the design LOl. Maudlin, twenty minutes ago I responded to another tripadvisor reviewer who used your name tag as an example because they didn't get a complimentary upgrade. Your Famous

Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back with us for your 3rd time

Be well

London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

The hotel is situated in a fantastic location right in the middle of a bustling Temple Bar but once you walk through the front doors of the lobby you are greeted with a very stylish hotel indeed with a very chilled out atmosphere.
The staff on reception were extremely friendly on check in and could not have been more helpful if they tried
The opulent feel of the hotel was added to by the padded lift (the picture of the Mona Lisa on the doors got my girlfriend and myself laughing!)
The room itself was far larger than I was expecting and the funky decor was very much in keeping with the feel of the hotel. The bed was huge and very comfy indeed and there was a very large wet room.
The free Wifi is a nice touch.
We had a small problem with something to do with our room but on speaking to reception it was rectified very quickly indeed so we couldn't grumble at all.
Also the purple sofa at the back of the bar is the most comfortable I've ever sat on - I want one!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Barry D Hi and hello I hope this email finds you well and all is good. Barry D, that purple sofa used to be white and it was one of my biggest headaches to get it purple. My god it took months, and while it was gone being done up, I was getting so many emails asking when it's return would be. People were even calling the hotel asking for it. Barry D thank you for taking time out and writing such a nice, cool and funked up review of your recent stay with us. Thank you, that was really nice of you. The Mona Lisa lift is world famous by now. People from all over the planet talk about this and love it. It's mad isn't it. The best known, the most visited, the most written about, the most sung about, the most parodied work of art in the world, and she's pictured showing her butt on our lift. Amazing. Free Wifi is a must in the environment we live in now. Mc Donalds has free Wifi. I'm amazed hearing about Wifi charges in this day and age. If a guest is heavily downloading I can understand a charge for extra bandwidth, but for surfing and checking emails, come on. Barry D thank you once again my friend for such kind and uplifting words. It's nice to be nice to the nice as they say. Please ask for me the next time your in the Morgan as I would like to be nice back and treat you and your girlfriend to one of our world famous Mojitos as an extra thank you.

Take care of eachother

Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

My 12 year old son and i stayed at the morgan for 2 nights ,we loved it really quirky and different my son loved the monalisa lift:-) and the fact the hard rock cafe is next door .He plays drums and we spoke to dave when checking out who was into his rock music and great .We shall definitely be back morgan you rock:-)

• Stayed August 2013
Christine_b111 Hi and hello I hope this email finds you well and that you enjoyed your summer to the full effect. Excellent review thank you, and thank you for taking time out to write such nice and kind words. Drummers. Bonham, Peart, Moon, Criss, Copeland, Sorum, Ward, I think thats about it Lol. Anyway that is great that you and your son loved the Hotel and the Classic Rock talk with Dave as you were leaving. I'm sure he probably went on about all the big names that have stayed with us over the years, and all his encounters with them. Guys like Slash, Axl, Weiland, Serge the list goes on and on. Thats great you enjoyed the whole quirkified funked up factor of the hotel. Very unique experience and adventure throughout. The next time you are coming to Dublin please email me direct on generalmanager@themorgan.com and I will make sure you recieve a complimentary upgrade with Vip status ( like Slash ) for you to enjoy your stay to the max. There's a lot Rockers must stick together in this current climate of music we are having the last few years. Hope to here from you soon and I love the Black Sabbath Tshirt you wore.

Be well you two

Brighton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 2 nights recently on a city break & LOVED it. The rooms were clean, quirky, upmarket and modern. We asked to have a room at the back of the hotel because the Morgan has a famous cocktail bar so in reviews that we read before booking, it did say it was loud at the front. We couldn't hear a thing - right at the back as we asked. We didn't eat here but other reviews have said the food is lovely. Really friendly staff, comfy beds, and an overall FAB hotel - we will definitely be retuning. Thank you very much.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 132 and it was perfect.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Tess P Hi and hello I hope this email finds you well and that your summer went fantasticly. Room 132 is Amazing isn't it. Right on the corner in the back of the building away from everything really and yet in the middle of all the action and adventures. Tess P thank you for taking time out and writing such a nice and kind review of you and your boyfriends recent stay with us. True, we have the coolest, hippest, hottest, sexiest, most chiiled out funked up cocktail bar on the planet with all the right trimmings. Thank you. People from all over the planet come for this along with our world renown Vibe on Tap and love it, want it, need it, have to have it and always come back for more. Wow ( thats a lot ). Tess P, quirky is our middle name at the Morgan. Every microinch of the hotel is fine tuned and tweeked on a daily basis to perfection to create and keep the energy flow in circulation. Excellent you felt the effect. Tess P thank you once again for the kind and thoughtful words towards everything really and I hope to be welcoming you back with us sooner than later. Be and stay Cool

Southampton
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

We stayed for 2 nights in July during a hot spell. We have been to Dublin twice before and always stayed on Temple Bar so had we knew we had a good location with the Morgan. We arrived early and were offered an upgrade for an extra 30€ per night which we opted for, primarily for the air con, it was well worth it as the weather was very not the whole weekend. The room was very large with excellent modern furniture and decoration. The bed was comfy and had all mod cons. The room was well cared for and clean, really couldn't fault it.

Location is ideal, with plenty of bars and restaurants near by. The air coach stop is a few minutes walk, as is trinity college and Hapenny bridge. Shopping is about 5 minutes away, although there are a few small stores closer included a small tesco almost opposite.

The hotel bar was very nice, and we enjoyed sitting in the courtyard sampling some cocktails.

We were not disturbed at all by noise, in fact we could not hear it, so there are obviously rooms you can request that are quiet if you are particularly concerned.

The hotel also has security at night which stops revellers going into the hotel areas.

There were computers available with a printer perfect for printing boarding passes.

Would definitely consider the hotel for our next visit should the price be right, I felt this was exceptionally good value.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Manda1979 hello I hope your keeping well. Love the Title " I love this place " thank you. The heatwave that just swept through this country was the hottest it's been here since the early 70's. They will be talking about the summer of 2013 for the next 25 years and I'm suprised that I haven't seen Tshirts yet lol. Manda1979 thank you for taking time out and writing such a nice and thoughtful review of your recent enough two nights stay with us. Excellent that you still think of us, or that we're still in your mind. Our location is Amazing isn't it. Smack Bang in the exact middle of Temple Bar with all it's wildlife and adventures on our doorstep. People from everywhere come to experience this and have some. Our Parisian Themed Courtyard is the talk of the town at any given moment. Such an original designed outdoor smoking chilled out area with all the right funked up features at hand. From quirky styled bird houses to the upside down umbrella chandelier, surrounded by the poshest , most relax / chilled out day beds, sexy mood lighting and candle lit settings that keep people coming back for a daily dose Lol. Manda1979 thank you once again for the kind hearted uplifting positive worded review. Please contact me direct on generalmanager@themorgan.com the next time you are thinking of escaping for a night or two, and I'll arrange that the price is right. Be well