“Lovely hotel but be prepared for some noise”
Review of The Morgan

The Morgan
Ranked #38 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
littlemissn99
“Lovely hotel but be prepared for some noise”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

Stayed for two nights in July, decided to treat ourselves as it was my husband's birthday, and so it wasn't a particularly cheap stay (108 Euros per night and that's without breakfast!)! This was fine, apart from the weather was heat-wave worthy and the hotel does not have air con! For the price, I would have expected air con.

First impressions were spot on - the foyer and bar area are lovely and modern, check-in was smooth and the staff were all brilliant. Our room was really nice - clean, tidy and contemporary, so we were pleased. The bathroom was perfect and had a lovely shower.

The problem was that as it was hot and there was no air con, we needed the windows open, but the noise from Temple Bar meant sleeping with with windows open was virtually impossible - and this was a monday and Tuesday night, so not even the busiest nights. To make matters worse, there was an almightly racket from what sounded like beer barrels being unloaded, for a good hour from 6am each day - we found this enourmously frustrating, and all in all we didn't sleep well during our stay.

On the second night, we asked for a fan for the room, so we could shut the windows, and the staff were really obliging, and the fan arrived within minutes.

In summary, a lovely hotel, great staff, good location for central Dublin, but too noisy, so unfortunately I would not return.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a high floor at the back - it might help avoid some of the noise.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Morgan_Hotel_Manager, General Manager at The Morgan, responded to this review, July 26, 2013
Littlemissn99 hi and hello I hope this email finds you well and that your summer is going as planned. Littlemissn99, thank you for taking time out and writing a review of your recent stay with us. The warmest / hottest summer Dublin has had in over 25 years. Record breaking temperatures. Just Amazing. Thank you for your kind comments towards our " brilliant " staff and " perfect " room. Thats really kind of you for the mention. All 121 uniquely designed and funked up rooms are tweaked to perfection on a daily basis, and the staff all hand picked and encouraged to go the extra mile. A rarity in Dublin. It's Amazing our location. The exact middle of Temple Bar and all it's surroundings and wildlife. This can sometimes be loud and with the heat wave being in full effect during your visit I'm pretty sure you experienced the good the bad and the ugly. Littlemissn99 please contact me direct on generalmanager@themorgan.com the next time you will be coming to Dublin. I would very much like to offer you a complimentary upgrade to one of our King Delux rooms with full Vip treatment ( the works ) and we hopefully can start again. I look forward to hearing from you and thank you once again for the reveiw

Eddie Sweeney

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (543)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
County Durham
Reviewed July 24, 2013

This hotel made a really nice change from the usual 4/5 star hotel that we normally stay at, it was very quirky, the room was a standard size with a huge wet room, with lovely White Company toiletries. We requested a quiet room and that is what we got, it faced towards Temple Bar but we had no noise at all, although the bar below the hotel is quite loud which I guess if you like Bong-go music you will love it but that is all they seemed to play so we avoided the bar.The location is pefect if you like to be right in the middle of the night life.

Room Tip: Request a quiet room
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Donsque, Hi and hello I hope this email finds you well and all and that your summer is going in a Fantastic direction. Thank you for taking time out and writing such a nice and cool review of your recent stay with us. Excellent, thank you. It's always such a nice feeling reading reviews like this. The normal 4/5 star hotels are very much indeed different from us. They have the robotic factor and the text book answers that trust me you will not find here. The Morgan has it's world famous Vibe on offer 24/7 that has people from all four corners of this planet talking about us and always coming back for more. Each and every one of our 121 uniquely designed and funked up rooms at the Morgan are a must see. I'm delighted that you adored yours. A room facing Temple Bar is what so many people come to this country to experience, live through and enjoy. The live music in our Morgan Bar is also world renown. We have the hottest Dj's and live musicians ( Violin, Saxaphone and Drummers ) in the Country jamming to the Vibe and creating a uber cool, funky, risque environment one must see. It's a pity you didnt get a chance to get involved and partake ( maybe next time ) With a location as Amazing as ours there is live music every ten feet throughout Temple Bar so I hope you got to see some that you enjoyed. Well, thank you so much again for the kind worded review, and I look forward to welcoming you back with us sooner than later. Please email me before hand on generalmanager@themorgan.com, and I will make sure to reserve a table in the heart of the Vibe in the Morgan Bar for you to experience first hand. Take care and enjoy the weather

England
Reviewed July 24, 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights last week for the first time, and I was very impressed, the suite we had was very clean and spacious!
As we only brought hand luggage with us, the room had shower gel/shampoo in there which was great and was replaced daily and for anything else there was a small Tesco on the other side of the road which was handy, my only niggle would be I found the bath quite high to climb into and i'm 25 so I think anyone older may struggle.
Great location though/friendly staff/clean hotel, would definitely stay here again if I return to Dublin.

Room Tip: If you want air con do not book a suite
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Charlene08England Hi and hello I hope this email finds you well and all. Thank you for taking time out and writing such a nice short and sweet review of your recent stay with us. It is amazing how many people stay with us with only hand luggage. The Suites are Amazing aren't they. I love them. Cool layed out living spaces with seperate bedrooms and kitchen. Ultra hip and funked up to the extreme. I have met so many of my heroes in them and they love them too. There are 121 uniquely designed induced rooms throughout the Hotel. 14 Design Suites and a Rooftop Penthouse that has everybody talking. So cool. Next time your with us ask any manager for a tour to check it out. A must do. I have forwarded on your comments regarding the bath being to high to our maintanance department and they are looking into this asap. I've never heard that before, but thank you for your feedback. Charlene08England thank you once again for the short and sweet review ( the point of the journey is not the arrival ) and I look forward to welcoming you back with us sooner than later, and to here your feedback on our penthouse when you get the tour.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

I rarely really take the time to write reviews, I am guilty of just reading them before I book but - My friend and I had booked a meal in a restaurant close by to the Morgan, and as we had stayed here before and always enjoyed it we booked it again. While checking in I dealt with Ciara, which is always a pleasure. However on this occasion Ciara was able to inform me of a cost free upgrade on our room. We were both so shocked, we had been upgraded from a standard double room to the Penthouse. Honestly, own night could not have gone better, we enjoyed an excellent meal in the Whitefriar grill on Aungier Street and spent the rest of our night enjoying the view of Dublin's skyline from the beautiful penthouse suite. Obviously this will not be the experience every time but the gesture was so nice that I felt it was worth a mention. I have enjoyed the occasion upgrade before in different hotels but never quite like this. The atmosphere in the Morgan and on Templebar street was so enjoyable even on just a normal everyday Thursday.

I am already looking forward to my next trip, upgrade or not I am sure we will have an excellent night.

1 Thank JJSSJJ
Morgan_Hotel_Manager, General Manager at The Morgan, responded to this review, July 28, 2013
JJSSJJ hi and hello I hope this email finds you well and all. Wow, that sounds like the best thursday in history. An upgrade to the Morgan Penthouse. People have dreams of this ( including myself Lol ) JJSSJJ, thank you so much for taking time out and writing such a cool and funky review of your stay with us. It's nice to be nice to the nice. Ciara is great isn't she. A true gem and a valuable member of our team. Everyday I walk by the Whitefair Grill on my way to work. Only a six minute walk from us and one of " the places to be in Dublin " at the moment. Thursdays at the Morgan have really taken off. Our own funked up version of Happy Hour we call " Social Hour " has the whole of Dublin checking us out. Great deals on our famous food and drinks that nobody can beat plus the hottest Dj's in the country jamming with the hottest musicians ( saxaphone / violin and drummers ) creating " The Vibe " than runs through every inch of the Hotel. The Penthouse is really Amazing isn't it. Two levels Two private balconys, the same bathtub as Cher, an original American Airstream on the roof all decked out with leather seats and sexy LED lights creating the mood for all. Outdoor speakers / heaters / wildlife and a view to die for. I've got to hang out up there with so many super starts from Lady Gaga to Slash the list goes on and on. We recently added the celebrity wall going up the stairs so I'm sure you got to see them. JJSSJJ, thank you once again for the Super kind words and I look forward to welcoming you back with us sooner than later and we'll make another day of the week a special one for you. Have a great day and take care

Houston, Texas
Reviewed July 24, 2013

This boutique hotel located on Fleet Street which is on the same street of Temple Bar where all the bars were.

The hotel does not have the facility of car park. We had to park our car behind the hotel, at Fleet Street public car park. When we got out of the car park, the hotel is right opposite!

The hotel has a very funky design. There are zebra couch by the waiting area and a lamp post of a figure of a man. The elevators are painted with Napoleon portrait and another one was Mona Lina showing her butt!

The reception staff at the checking gave us wrong information about the car park. She told us we got discounted rate for the car park. Whereas when we checked out, another staff told us our rate is inclusive of car park! The staff was very helpful though ( the one that checked us out)

We like the clean big room but not the bed. It was the combination of two single bed! So one of us would feel the gap between the beds!

There are coffee and tea making facility, ( unlike other hotels in Europe) hair dryer and iron.

The bathroom was big and clean though I am not really fancy with the half size. glass door by the bath tub/ shower as when I am done with the shower, the floor were really wet.

We did like the complementary wifi though.

We love everything about this hotel but not the beds and half size glass door by the bath tub.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

Lovely hotel, well situated in the middle of Temple Bar. The rooms are nicely decorated and ours was very big for a twin.

The only downside was that there was no AC in the bedroom - just a little fan. Normally that wouldn't matter in Ireland, but the weather has been very hot for the past few weeks. No bigee, but it was annoying as we couldn't leave the windows open either due to the street noise from outside. The free earplug were useful, but reminded me of my backpacking days!!

I'd recommend this hotel, but just be aware of the noise from outside and the lack of AC if it's hot when you visit.

• Stayed July 2013
Limerick
Reviewed July 23, 2013

As a group of 4 we stayed in this hotel in june. I was expecting a great experience from personal recommendations of friends who had stayed here previously and the look of the hotel from websites etc. Unfortunately i was disappointed. The Room we got on the 2nd Floor was Tiny and what little space was in the room was not used correctly. Is there really a need for a huge chair taking up floor space? The Bed was huge which was nice but really the room could be better laid out. There were no sockets on the walls to plug in chargers or hair dryers. the only ones available were a long reach behind the TV unit. The shower looked fab but ran hot and cold. I think this hotel values style over substance in my experience. Knowing we were in the heart of temple bar i knew it would be noisy so ear plugs definitely helped and this would not put me off. I wouldn't be in a rush back here. The exceptional staff at the front desk was a great plus. Location is excellent. so if your not too bothered about being in a tiny room then this is the place for you. Overall, this hotel is good on paper but the room was a disappointment as it was over priced in my view.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends