“Great hotel in the center of Temple Bar”
Review of The Morgan

The Morgan
Ranked #35 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
New York City, New York
“Great hotel in the center of Temple Bar”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

A friend and I spent 3 days at The Morgan and had a wonderful time. Keeping in line with the area it is located in, it was buzzing with activity at any given time. Fun hotel with friendly staff - check-in and out was smooth. Our room was excellent - relatively quiet (even on a Sat night), clean and well-appointed. Super convenient because everything was right at our door-step. Highly recommended if you want to be in the middle of and experience the Dublin social scene!

Room Tip: Ask for a room higher up from the street - Saturday night can get err..lively :-) Plus, their in-hou...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (552)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

Stayed over the weekend and upgraded to get a quieter room at the back of the hotel.
We were lucky to be upgraded again to an apartment with living room area & a fully working kitchen,comfy king sized bed.
The decor throughout the hotel was very modern, the bar at night was very popular with dj, bongos,sax & fiddle.
We loved the outside courtyard with heaters!
Breakfast was very good, with hot & cold choices, serving staff were spot on.
We were so pleased we chose The Morgan.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Morgan_Hotel_Manager, General Manager at The Morgan, responded to this review, July 30, 2013
Hi Jane53England I hope this email finds you well and that your summer is going great. The best summer to hit this country in over 25 years. They will be talking about the " summer of 2013 " for years to come. Jane53England, thank you for taking time and writing a review of your stay with us. An upgrade is always such a cool start to a journey. Just delighted that , thats how yours began. The Suites here are Amazing aren't they. All cool spaced out rooms with a chilled out funked up factor to them. Everyone loves them and always come back for more. Thank you for your kind compliments on our famous Morgan Bar. The coolest spot in town with all the who's who's frequenting at any given moment. The best Dj's in the country jamming with the best musicians in the city creating a Vibe that has everyone talking about us. Excellent you got the whole package. Jane53England thank you once again for the kind hearted words regarding your stay. It's nice to be nice to the nice. Hope to be welcoming you back with us sooner than later

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 17, 2013

From start to finish they always make you feel welcome!
Last week I was again away on business the team was so good:) my stay is always so much fun as the team would always chat to me Fran is a dream nothing is to much trouble !!

The music on Thursday was fab -it's an environment that you can sit at the bar on your own or with friends and still have fun. Bar staff are great!!

On this vist I went to have afternoon tea in many hotels to find all wasn't welcome or didn't serve tea with the afternoon tea-STRANGE!,.....
So after coming back to hotel had afternoon I got my afternoon tea plus great service.

It really dosnt look that exciting out side but once in -it's a place that you will come back to.

Next week another visit - cant wait to meet the team again:)

Room Tip: I always stay in the suites usually back off hotel 4th floor with kitchen & sofa!! In the morni...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Morgan_Hotel_Manager, General Manager at The Morgan, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
June W hi and hello I hope this email finds you well and that your summer is off to a fantastic start. It's sunny today in Dublin with not a cloud in sight, and a temperature of 16 degrees and I truly believe that your review is the cause of this, Lol. Such a nice and thoughtful review thank you, that was really nice of you. Fran is a dream isn't he. A very rare find in this industry. He gives without thought of reward ( like anakin ). Monday to Friday at the Morgan we have recently launched our own funked up version of happy hour. " Social Hour " as it's known. It has really taken off and has the whole city talking about us. Cool and chilled out music, great cocktail and drink specials, award winning Tapas, along with our world famous Vibe which in turn runs through every nano inch of the hotel. Excellent that you enjoyed this on the Thursday you were here. June W, thank you so much once again, and I look forward to welcoming you back again next week. Take care and enjoy the weather

Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel a few times now. Its usually one of my options in Dublin. Its central and easy to get in and out of the hotel when exploring Dublin. It's in the Temple bar area so there are bars, pubs, restaurants,shops all in the near by. The hotel itself has a bar that turns into a club, so depending on where your room is, you may need ear-plugs! This however is the same for that area though. I have always got rooms at the back, which are quieter.
The rooms were cheek , clean line and classic looking with all white and a few prints. Bathrooms are also plush and fully kitted with all sorts of extras.
The reception staff call you by name, which is a personal touch. Breakfast was great , and wide choice too. I know hotel experiences can be hit or miss at times,but the times I have stayed here I enjoyed my stay and had a sound night's sleep despite the location being a busy one.

Room Tip: insist on a back room, higher to the ground as possible, otherwise bring ear-plugs. Depending the...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Hi P5aula I hope this email finds you well and all. P5aula thank you for taking time out and writing such a nice a thoughtful review of your stays with us. A true honour, thank you. Our Location is Amazing isn't it. Smack Bang in the exact heart of Dublins Temple Bar and all it's wildlife and adventures. People from all four corners of this planet come to experience this. A must see / do in ones life time. At the Morgan it's the little things that make the difference. Those little extras in the bathrooms, the pashminas in everyroom, the first name basis with our guests, the fresh apples in every room. The little things set us apart from the rest, and take away the typical robotic attitude most recieve when they stay in a hotel. Amazing the difference it makes. Thank you for noting this. Breakfast at the Morgan is the best in the City full stop. It's one of those things we just get right. It's the most important part of the day and everyday it's looked at under microscope and tweeked to perfection on a daily basis. P5aula, thank you once again for such a nice review. It's nice to be nice to the nice.

Take care and have a good day

colorado
Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

Though check in time is only at 3PM, we were accommodated by noon since we arrived early by air from the US.
The staff is very friendly, the room more than adequate with a king size bed, no AC, but we didn't need it.
The breakfast was good, as was the service. There is one BIG drawback of this place, it is noisy, very noisy.
You need earplugs to drown out the noise coming from below, and since this was a weekend, the noise was probbaly worse than during the week. The location, being right in the Temple district where a lot of the bars, entertainment and restaurants are located, is excellent. If it weren't for the noise, I'd give it a 4 star

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Pensacola Beach, Florida
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Our room was above their bar, which on our day of arrival (Sunday) is a nightclub. Techno music kept us up until 1:30am. We were not expecting that. The next night was not as noisy. The hotel decor also has a nightclub feel. The room itself was fine. The bed is comfortable. The breakfasts were great and offered a good variety.. The hotel generously accommodated a very early checkin for us, which was very thoughtful, and was a huge help for us having flown in from the U.S.

The location in Temple Bar is excellent. There are great restaurants, bars, and shops on the same street, and Trinity College is right around the corner, which is a tourist hub/bus stop. We easily walked everywhere we needed to go.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kslfla
Ayr
Reviewed June 15, 2013

I visited this Hotel with two other couples. I contacted the Hotel in advance and requested a quiet room, and was advised that my request had been noted. We duly arrived at the Hotel and were allocated our rooms, our's on the 2nd floor and the other two couples on the 4th floor. The room allocated was badly needing re-furbished, and when I looked out the small window there was a night-club directly below. So much for noting my request for a quiet room, and the other two couples got quiet rooms at the back of the Hotel!! I complained to the receptionist and he advised me that we could move to another room in about 2 hours time. We duly got another room later that day, and although the decor is the same in all the rooms this room was much fresher and a big improvement on the previous one. Although the room was facing the front of the Hotel the double glazing kept out most of the noise, and the management had kindly left ear plugs just in case!!I have no complaints about the staff. They were all very friendly and helpful. I feel that the standard of the rooms for the money we paid was not great, and unless you ordered an omelette or poached egg etc., the buffet breakfast was a gamble on how long the items had been lying in the hot trays. This was my second trip to Dublin and I won't be rushing back as I found that meals and drinks were about twice the price back home..

Room Tip: Rooms on 4th floor at rear of Hotel are quietest.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Morgan_Hotel_Manager, General Manager at The Morgan, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
Hi romanboy22 I hope this email finds you well. Thank you for taking time out and writing a review of your recent stay with us at the Morgan. Being in the exact heart of Temple Bar ( most happening hip place on the planet ) sometimes noise is a factor. In the last few months we have been double glazing all the windows in the Hotel, room by room, and noise has become less of an Issue. Ear plugs are offered in every bedroom as a standard ( most are never used ) and all of our one hundred and twenty one rooms are indeed similar, and yet uniquely different in their own funked up way of design and size / layout. I have passed on your comments towards our breakfast to our Food and Beverage departments, and this will be addressed asap. Thank you for noting this. Food and Drink in Temple Bar is a bit higher than the rest of the country. People from all over the world come to experience Temple Bar and all it's festivitiness and adventures it has on offer. At the Morgan we have our version of " happy hour " called Social Hour. Every Monday to Friday we offer Drinks of all sorts, and Food at very reasonable pricing ( including our famous Vibe ) that has the whole town talking about us. If and when you decide to come back to Dublin for a 3rd time please email me direct on generalmanager@themorgan.com as I would very much like to offer you a complimentary upgrade to one of our apartment suites and spoil you for the night. romanboy22, thank you once again and I look forward to hearing from you and having the opportunity to make your average review turn into a golden review. Have a great day and take care