“What more could you ask for”
Review of The Morgan

The Morgan
Ranked #39 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed May 16, 2013

From the moment I arrived ahead of schedule after a 24 hour flight the staff were amazing. I was settled within minutes and connected to my work schedule.

The staff were absolutely amazing. Customer service is the key to any successful business in hospitality. The Staff at The Morgan remember the tiniest things and this is what sets them apart from the others.

The location was ideal and very central to all my business requirements.

In short I will be staying at The Morgan again when in Dublin next

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Morgan_Hotel_Manager, General Manager at The Morgan, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2013

Hi KOliver67 I hope this email finds you well and all. Thank you for taking time out to write such a nice and to the point review of your recent stay with us. You are right. Customer Service is everything, and it's the little things that make the difference. No stone is left unturned at the Morgan. Every microinch of the Hotel is looked after and tweaked to perfection at any given moment. Thats great that we were able to accommodate you straight off a 24 hour flight. I've never liked flying that much so I cant imagine a 24hr one. KOliver, thank you once again for your short and sweet review, and I look forward to welcoming you back again, sooner than later

There are newer reviews for The Morgan

Reviewed May 15, 2013

I would like to echo some of the other reviews regarding customer service at the Morgan. IIt is phenomenal.

Yes, there are a few things that keep this hotel from being a true 5 star review (upper floor rooms are quite warm, wireless internet in the rooms is temperamental at best, elevator stopped working twice in our stay, loud noises of construction and service trucks in back of the hotel early in morning). However, at the advance pay rate of about $190 a night, we got a suite that was really amazing--clean, bright, HUGE. This room was better than something we would get in the states for the same price, honestly. The proximity to Trinity College and Temple Bar was exceptional. At no time did we think we were staying on Bourbon Street and the hotel was overall very beautiful. Additionally, the restaurant was INCREDIBLE. Tapas were delicious, better than any pub food we encountered.

But the best, most amazing thing about the Morgan (that earns it the 5th star instead of 4 stars), was the customer service. We accidentally left our valuables in the safe after checking out and didn't realise it for two days. We called the Morgan frantically, expecting the items to already have been stolen. We were profusely apologized to and told that the items were likely still in the room safe with the new occupants. They promptly emailed up in less than an hour and told us that they found the items (still in the safe!!) and had them in the main safe. Manager Dave then, upon request, mailed the items to us at cost of 18 euro. We received them at home 3 days later! We continue to be astounded by this, and by many other interactions we had with the staff at the Morgan.

We have discussed it, and despite the initial hiccups, we will always choose to stay at the Morgan when in Dublin. It was a great experience and it is nice to know that their management team (thanks, Dave!) always has our back.

Room Tip: Rooms in the front of the hotel on the street are louder late at night. Rooms at the back of the hot...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Morgan_Hotel_Manager, General Manager at The Morgan, responded to this reviewResponded May 16, 2013

Hi CrestlineMD I hope this email finds you well and that the sun is shinning. It's gotten cold in Dublin the last week ( I think that song , four seasons in one day was named after this country ) and it's kind hearted and thoughtful reviews like yours that make it warmer for me. Thank you, that's really kind of you. I'm delighted that we got your belongings back to you across the pond so fast, and that you were not inconvenienced by any delay. It's great when things work out like that. The suites are so cool. aren't they. Massive rooms with separate living / chill out areas and kitchens. They even have speakers in the modern funked up bathrooms. I've met many of my heroes in them over the years. From ABBA to ZZ TOP. Lol. And they are great value. Check out our website next time your coming over. There is a lot of great deals offered online. The staff at the Morgan are the best in the country, Full stop. You wont find staff like this anywhere. So personable and professional with a funked up vibe about them. I think people are used to the Robotic factor in Hotels. And they wont get that here ,Thank you for your kind comments. Happy staff = Happy Hotel At the Morgan there are one hundred and twenty one uniquely designed rooms / suites and were busy all the time. As safety is our priority the lifts are inspected routinely and this as luck would have it was the time that you were with us. Also this routine maintenance effected the internet signal throughout the building. Sorry about that. I just wanted to explain. Better to be safe than sorry. Our location is the best. Wham, right in the middle of Temple Bar, the exact heart ( the aorta ) on Dublin. A stones throw away from everything ( literally ). A true experience / adventure / journey one must try / see. Two days ago, we got to try out the new Tapas menu coming out soon and **** it is good. The whole menu was laid out on one of the cool marble tables in the back of the Morgan Bar. There's so many really good dishes starting soon, so I'm looking forward to your what you'll make of this. I ate the whole day. There's one dish with asparagus and bacon that is incredible. Anyways, thank you once again for the kind words in your review and , you are always welcome. I'm really looking forward to seeing you back again, and when you do, Dave craves American Peanut Butter. It's so expensive in Dublin and he try's to get it brought over whenever he can. So if you could bring some that would be great. Take care, Enjoy your sun, thank you again, and goodbye.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

It was our first stay in the morgan. I booked hotel for weekend an i find it very good, really nice view in the heart of the city centre and staff was excellent specially breakfast staff was really good they welcomed us very well. Breakfast chef Singh was really good and we had best breakfast ever. i really enjoyed our stay.
thanks morgan
we will come back soon

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Samm p hi and hello, I hope this email finds you well and all. Thats great , your stay with us. Your welcome, and I hope to be welcoming you back with us sooner than later. Our location is Amazing isnt it. People from all over the planet come to feel / experience this and I'm delighted you can put your name on that list now. Breakfast my friend is the most important part of the day. You gotta start right. Here at the Morgan we have the best breakfast in Dublin. A full selection of the freshest foods all laid out Buffet style with it's design touches. Singh is amazing isn't he. I have gotten into some really amazing conversations with him over the years. He is a wizard on breakfast, so organized and ready. Like a Ninja really. Well once again thank you for your kind review, and I look forward to welcoming you back again sooner than later. - Tip - Ask one of the breakfast staff for an Omelet, and tell them to tell Singh to make it like he makes Dave's.

Reviewed May 15, 2013

Myself and my fiance stayed at the fabulous Morgan Hotel for the second time this May. We booked a suite to add a touch of luxury to our Beyonce weekend - totally worth the extra few euros as the room is spacious, funky, relaxing....... (basically everything you could want!) By the way the TV is AWESOME - YouTube XL feature is brilliant!

The hotel is centrally located and we were able to venture out and visit The Guinness Storehouse, Jameson factory, walk to The O2 to see Beyonce and easily navigate to Grafton Street, Henry Street etc. for some retail therapy.

All in all this hotel is and will be my first choice every time I need to stay in Dublin City! A++++

Room Tip: My tip is to choose the suite for the extra space and vibe!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Donna S , Hi and Hello I hope your well and all. Wow that's a really nice review, thank you. I think my favorite word is Awesome. I love hearing / reading / saying it, and its great to read the Hotel being describe this way. Next time your staying with us please email me before hand on generalmanager@themorgan.com and I would very much like to offer you a platter of our new Tapas menu being launched soon. It's Awesome. We're all very excited about this as a few of the dishes I have not seen before. Awesome trust me. Ah that great your second time with us. We must be doing things right. The Beyonce weekend was so busy in Temple Bar. The last time I saw it that busy was when the queen and Obama were around. So many thought she was staying with us, as a lot of her type stay here. That's great you felt so close to everything and Its so cool all the hotspots within walking distance. An Amazing location. I love the Jameson distillery. So old school and fun. Tip - Be a volunteer at the end of the tour. Well I look forward to welcoming you back for your third time with us sooner than later. ( there is a big prize for a twentieth time Lol ) Thank you again

Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

4 of us ladies booked for Beyonce weekend. Started off disaster after disaster. Wrong rooms, unchanged beds, rooms not ready. We travelled from cork and galway. But not to focus on the bad. Fran the duty manager could not apologise enough for everything. He kept checking in to make sure we were ok.

The rooma are fab with gorgeous decor. Wish my bedroom looked like it :)

Tapas food to totally die for!!!

Would not rule out visiting again xx

• Stayed: May 2013

Hi Dawnywawny I hope my email finds you well and all. Thank you for taking time out and writing a review of your recent stay with us during the " Beyonce " weekend. Sorry things didnt start of right for you, but Delighted that all turned out okay. I hate Hiccups, and I'm happy Fran cured you of them. Please email me direct on generalmanager@themorgan.com when you four girls are planning your next return to Dublin, and I'll make sure All the Vip buttons are pressed and you'll have a weekend to remember. There's a new Tapas Menus being released soon. It's already the talk of the town, so I cant wait to here your thought on it. Hope to here from you soon, and thank you once again. Bye

Reviewed May 14, 2013

This hotel is set in the heart of the Temple Bar area which is fantastic for getting about and enjoying the city. The hotel rooms are large and very impressive and the hotel its self is seriously cool and very nicely styled.

The only problem is the noise. If you stay at a weekend they have a very loud all night party in the main bar with live music which kept us awake each night until early hours of the morning and we had a quiet room on the 3rd floor. The hotel did try to help in any way they could though.

I would still recommend staying here as the breakfast was just perfect. Very good all round.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room as far from the bar as possible.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

GSleigh hi and hello, I hope this email finds you well. Thank you for taking the time and writing such a nice and thoughtful review of your recent stay with us. Amazing location isn't it. The exact middle of Temple Bar with all its treasures. At the Morgan we have one hundred and twenty one uniquely funked up designed rooms. Some are indeed massive. Mad features and a cool vibe running through every inch of the hotel creating an atmosphere people from all over the planet come for. I love the seriously cool reference thank you. Slowly every room in the building will be sound proofed. Many are at the moment, but it's a process. Being in the heart ( the aorta ) of Temple Bar with it's world renown night life and adventures it does sometimes get loud. I'm sorry this disturbed. Breakfast. There's been a lot of talk of our Breakfast lately. It is Amazing isnt it. Such a wide variety and selection of the freshest of foods. Just great. I will proudly pass on you kind comments to Adel ( not the singer , lol ) and her team. GSLeigh, thank you once again for the kind words. I think you made our cool factor hit eleven. Take care and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed May 13, 2013

This was my first time to stay at The Morgan hotel. I had been here before for cocktails in the bar & just fell in love with the whole vibe of this hotel. I decided to treat my sister to a night away (coupled with a Beyoncé concert) as it was her birthday. From the moment we arrive, we were greated by a very professional, pretty lady called Paula. She immediately wished my sister a Happy Birthday & was very friendly & geniune.

We had some tapas and cocktails in the bar which we divine (try the Strawberry Daquiri-delish!). Even our waitress wished my sister Happy Birthday, which i thought was a nice touch.

As part of the package we booked, we also got our make-up done in Brown Thomas at the Benefit counter. We got some free samples (decent size) also which was nice. I did end up spending a fortune on make-up so the symbiotic relationship between BT and The Morgan is definitely working!

We stayed in one of the Junior Suites which was just lovely. Very spacious and minimalistic decor with quirky little touches. The room was largely white and very tranquil, even in middle of the city. The bed was extremely comforable & we both had a great night sleep!

Breakfast was really good & although it was a buffet, the bain-marie units they use for holding the food circulate steam so it keeps the food fresh and hot, which i liked. It consisted of a continental style brekkie including fresh juices, smoothies, cheeses, hams etc as well as pastries and cereals. full irish breakfast was also on the menu with an option to order eggs cooked to your liking.

The staff were all so accomodating and friendly, i couldnt fault them.

I would 100% recommend this fabulous hotel. Im only sorry we could only stay for one night. I am already planning another trip back with my husband to share the experience with him.

Downside? Hotel was a little noisy with the bar music and some drunken people at 5 am waking me up! But i fell straight back asleep and that didnt bother me at all, its all part of staying in Temple Bar! Other than that, everything else was top class.

Well done to all the staff & keep smiling as it made us feel so welcome :)

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Morgan_Hotel_Manager, General Manager at The Morgan, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2013

Hi sparklyirisheyes and thank you for taking the time to write such a nice and thoughtful review of your stay with us. Great way to start a Sunday morning reading a review this nice. Thank you. That is great you enjoyed all aspects of your stay, and experienced our funked up world renown vibe. Beyonce and a Birthday. What a cool night that must have been. Birthdays are such a special time , and at the Morgan we take them very seriously. The point of the journey, is not the arrival. Brown Thomas is great isn't it. A six minute walk from us on Dublins Gradton Street. We've a great relationship with them. Often at reception we have discount vouchers for them, so next time ask. The Strawberry Daquiri is Amazing ( so I've been told ) next time try our Morgan Mojito. It's our award winning cocktail and a must have while your here. Please ask for me personally on your next stay with us. I would very much so like to buy you and your husband a Mojito as a thank you for such a nice review you posted. Thank you again, and I hope to be welcoming you back with us sooner than later. Bye