“Mediocre”
Review of The Morgan

The Morgan
Ranked #40 of 152 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Going to give the Morgan a 2nd try and hope they have improved as they do have an excellent location. We did stay in october last year and whilst on first glance it looked amazing there were a few niggles. We had a suite with an upstairs bedroom which at first was wow but on closer inspection it was a little tatty in places, the tv did not work and there were no tea and coffe making facilities. The bathroom decor left a lot to be desired and could have done with a lick of paint.
Breakfast was a shambles as they had run out of many items and were replacing them bit by bit - so whlst my father managed to get a plate of everything, myself and my sister did not. She is a vegetarian and they didnt seem to cater well for veggies - she asked for an omlette which eventually turned up but it was a long while after we had eaten ours.
Having read reviews on here i hope that this time we get a nicer room and that breakfast is better - you cant beat a good irish breakfast!

Room Tip: dont go for the penthouse room with the upstairs bedroom!!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Morgan_Hotel_Manager, General Manager at The Morgan, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2013

Hi Jennymaragioglio. A second chance is all it takes sometimes. Thats Fantastic your returning. The Suite you were in with the upstairs bedroom, is our Morgan Suite. This suite has recently been redone with all modern specs and very funky design concept ( and the paint in the bathrooms has been licked ) . There is a really cool buzz around town at the moment about this room. Alot of the " Well Known " are using it for interviews, videos, and such. I'm very curious to hear your feedback concerning this room now. Our Breakfast has also been re launched at the Morgan. Breakfast is the most important part of the day ( vegetarians included ) and we have started one of the most popular Breakfasts in Dublin. It's moments like this that we all have second chances. I am excited to hear your feedback on all our changes. Please email me personally on generalmanager@themorgan.com regarding your future ( hopefully soon ) stay with us. I'll press all the VIP buttons and personally make sure your stay goes from Mediocre to Excellent.

Talk soon

Eddie Sweeney

Write a ReviewReviews (2,955)

Reviewed February 15, 2013

I always stay here out of preference. Lovely rooms, friendly staff. Sometimes noisy in the evening, but hey, it's a boutique hotel that attracts younger people than me! The Palace Bar on Fleet Street is a stones throw away, what more could you want!? If you want quality and consistency in the centre of town, stay here. Oh, and great food. Forget the chain hotels, go "Boutique" you won't regret it.

Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Gastronauticus

Hi Gastronauticus. If there was a prize for the best review of the Hotel, then you would win. Thank you for such nice and inspiring words regarding your stays with us. Boutique Hotels are the way forward. People are tired of the "Robotic Factor " they recieve in the chain Hotels, and are starting to " Go Boutique " ( I love It ). Liam is the owner of the Palace Bar stones throw away from us, and I will see him later on today and pass on your kind words to him. John Wayne once had a pint in there while filming the Quiet Man in 1952. Liam was probably only five or six then but he still remembers well, and will share the story with you if you get the chance. Gastronauticus, thank you once again for such a cool and upbeat review. The point of the journey is not the arrival. See you soon

Reviewed February 14, 2013

I am a regular visitor to Dublin on business and I always stay at the MORGAN. I have tried other hotels, but this is the best option. The entire staff is always warm and friendly, Alvydas at the front desk is fantastic asset and always helpful with things around town, bookings, suggestions, etc. The rooms are spacious and feel like an apartment more than a hotel. The bar is always busy downstairs with good music and good people, even on monday, tuesday and wednesday... IF you want to be in the coolest part of Dublin stay here-- everything is within a 5 minutes walk. There is even a Crunch gym next door that is affiliated with the hotel... what more do you need!

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms in the back tower!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Hi charlesmariowolfe, and thank you for your FANTASTIC review entitled FANTASTIC HOTEL. FANTASTIC. Thank you. Delighted, and honored to read all the positive comments regarding All aspects of the Hotel. Indeed we have the warmest / friendliest staff in all of Dublin and a location second to none. Our Bar as well is the coolest spot in town, in the coolest area, with all the cool people, so thank you for noting this. We've started " Social Hour " at the Morgan. Every Monday to Friday from 4pm to 7.30 pm, really good deals on Cocktails and Food. It's really taking off, and the whole town is talking about it. I think it's great that you've tried other Hotels, and that we are the best option for you. Excellent. Thank you once again for such a nice and honest review, and I look forward to welcoming you back again with us soon.

Reviewed February 14, 2013

Fantastic hotel in the centre of Dublin, the location is just perfect! The decor is amazing and rather quirky. The staff were always willing to help us out. Great rooms, spotlessly clean and very spacious. Really enjoyed my stay here and would recommend to anyone who is visiting Dublin for the first time. Perfect!!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Hannah T
Morgan_Hotel_Manager, General Manager at The Morgan, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

Hi Hannah T , and thank you for taking the time to write a nice and very kind review of your stay with us. True, our location is Amazing. The middle of everything, right in the action. Our decor is very quirky and well thought out throughout the entire Hotel. Really glad you noticed our quirkyness ( if that's a word ) Thank you as well for your beautiful comments concerning our staff. That was really nice of you. Hannah T, thank you once again ad I hope to welcome you back with us again soon

Reviewed February 13, 2013

Had a great stay at The Morgan (my first also). Arrived and received an free upgrade to one the suites. Clean, luxurious, nice atmospheric lighting (a trend that continues throughout the hotel) and the bed was super comfy. Nice personable staff as-well who were very helpful, well presented and welcoming. The location suited my partner and I perfectly as we were wining and dining in temple bar. I have noticed complaints about the noise but people should expect that if they choose to stay in temple bar, it is what it is and I am sure it is an issue for every hotel in that vicinity. Will definitely be staying again :) Paul

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Hi Exitplanet, and thank you for such a wonderful review of your recent stay with us. I absolutely love the Title of your review " Great Service and Great Experience Overall " that is a true honor. Thank you. When a hotel journey begins, starting with a complimentary upgrade is a magical way to start off. Our Suites are the talk of the town. I personally have met some of my heros in our suites. Huge rooms with seperate living room and kitchen very cool vibe about them which is in sync with the rest of the Hotel. Our personable and friendly staff I believe are what sets us above the rest and thank you so much for noting this. What a great review and thank you once again. I look forward to welcoming you back with us soon

Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here while attending a rugby match. Hotel decor lovely nd modern, rooms well appointed, good range of toiletries! Staff friendly nd helpful. Hotel in centre of entertainment district of Templebar, good location to bars & restaurants, but noise didn't disturb my night's sleep! Ate breakfast at hotel, was good. Would recommend!

• Stayed: February 2013

Hi Singa, and thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review of your stay with us during our busiest time of year " Rugby Season " Delighted to read this. All your comments were so kind and thoughtful. Thank you. From our lovely modern rooms, to our super friendly outgoing staff. Great you got the whole experience. The Hotel indeed is in the exact middle of Temple Bar. People from all four corners of the planet come to experience it, and it's great to hear what a good, undisturbed sleep you had. Excellent. I Look forward to welcoming you back soon with us. Thanks again

Reviewed February 13, 2013

Our 2nd visit to the Morgan and was as good if not better than the 1st.
Couldn't get a better located hotel and a better service. Rooms are as you would expect from a higher end hotel. Breakfast was also very good. The bar in the evening is the place to be too..
Well worth a stay.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Hi owan2002, and thank you for taking the time to write a review of your second stay with us. Wow. Thats great we topped the first time. Fantastic. We are indeed in the middle of the city and surrounded by everything. Our bar indeed is the one of the coolest spots in town, with live bongo players, Dj's, violin and saxaphone players creating the vibe and buzz throughout the Hotel. Thank you once again for such a nice and thoughful review, and I look forward to welcoming you back for your 3rd stay ( which we will top once again )