“Beautiful Boutique Hotel”
Review of The Morgan

The Morgan
Ranked #38 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed February 14, 2013

Fantastic hotel in the centre of Dublin, the location is just perfect! The decor is amazing and rather quirky. The staff were always willing to help us out. Great rooms, spotlessly clean and very spacious. Really enjoyed my stay here and would recommend to anyone who is visiting Dublin for the first time. Perfect!!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Hannah T
Morgan_Hotel_Manager, General Manager at The Morgan, responded to this reviewResponded February 15, 2013

Hi Hannah T , and thank you for taking the time to write a nice and very kind review of your stay with us. True, our location is Amazing. The middle of everything, right in the action. Our decor is very quirky and well thought out throughout the entire Hotel. Really glad you noticed our quirkyness ( if that's a word ) Thank you as well for your beautiful comments concerning our staff. That was really nice of you. Hannah T, thank you once again ad I hope to welcome you back with us again soon

Eddie Sweeney

Write a ReviewReviews (2,945)

Reviewed February 13, 2013

Had a great stay at The Morgan (my first also). Arrived and received an free upgrade to one the suites. Clean, luxurious, nice atmospheric lighting (a trend that continues throughout the hotel) and the bed was super comfy. Nice personable staff as-well who were very helpful, well presented and welcoming. The location suited my partner and I perfectly as we were wining and dining in temple bar. I have noticed complaints about the noise but people should expect that if they choose to stay in temple bar, it is what it is and I am sure it is an issue for every hotel in that vicinity. Will definitely be staying again :) Paul

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Hi Exitplanet, and thank you for such a wonderful review of your recent stay with us. I absolutely love the Title of your review " Great Service and Great Experience Overall " that is a true honor. Thank you. When a hotel journey begins, starting with a complimentary upgrade is a magical way to start off. Our Suites are the talk of the town. I personally have met some of my heros in our suites. Huge rooms with seperate living room and kitchen very cool vibe about them which is in sync with the rest of the Hotel. Our personable and friendly staff I believe are what sets us above the rest and thank you so much for noting this. What a great review and thank you once again. I look forward to welcoming you back with us soon

Reviewed February 13, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here while attending a rugby match. Hotel decor lovely nd modern, rooms well appointed, good range of toiletries! Staff friendly nd helpful. Hotel in centre of entertainment district of Templebar, good location to bars & restaurants, but noise didn't disturb my night's sleep! Ate breakfast at hotel, was good. Would recommend!

• Stayed: February 2013

Hi Singa, and thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review of your stay with us during our busiest time of year " Rugby Season " Delighted to read this. All your comments were so kind and thoughtful. Thank you. From our lovely modern rooms, to our super friendly outgoing staff. Great you got the whole experience. The Hotel indeed is in the exact middle of Temple Bar. People from all four corners of the planet come to experience it, and it's great to hear what a good, undisturbed sleep you had. Excellent. I Look forward to welcoming you back soon with us. Thanks again

Reviewed February 13, 2013

Our 2nd visit to the Morgan and was as good if not better than the 1st.
Couldn't get a better located hotel and a better service. Rooms are as you would expect from a higher end hotel. Breakfast was also very good. The bar in the evening is the place to be too..
Well worth a stay.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Hi owan2002, and thank you for taking the time to write a review of your second stay with us. Wow. Thats great we topped the first time. Fantastic. We are indeed in the middle of the city and surrounded by everything. Our bar indeed is the one of the coolest spots in town, with live bongo players, Dj's, violin and saxaphone players creating the vibe and buzz throughout the Hotel. Thank you once again for such a nice and thoughful review, and I look forward to welcoming you back for your 3rd stay ( which we will top once again )

Reviewed February 12, 2013

Convenient location in the heart of the tourist area of Temple Bar. The welcome and check in was a little chaotic as the small reception area was busy with other guests.

I asked for the reception to book a taxi to transport my colleagues and clients to the restaurant for the evening, although a short walk it was raining heavily and there were six people in our party. Despite agreeing to do this, they failed to do so - meaning that we were late for our booking.

The room I stayed in was at the front of the hotel; it was nicely decorated with obvious design touches that is in typical style for this modern hotel.

To my dismay and solely owing to the room location, I discovered the room was directly over from very busy street with bars which play loud music and there are crowds of drunken revellers congregating outside. The windows were not double glazed so little was left to the imagination until 3am when I finally got off to sleep.

Breakfast starts at seven during the week, owing to our planned departure time this meant that it had to be a little rushed. It was basic fayre in any case, I didn't feel I was missing out.

I would not choose to stay here on business again. If I were visiting this hotel again as a tourist, I'd request a room at the back of the hotel. The staff I encountered were well presented, helpful and polite.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 11, 2013

my husband and i stayed here for one night on sunday night. we had chosen a one bedroom suite and were given rom 329 which had a view of the other apts across the alley! our room was lovely in its layout and we loved the glass wall from the bedroom to the living area and the glass doors into the bathroom. the shower was very powerful and no shortage of hot water. only the one set of ear plugs and one shower cap per room though we found vry strange.

now for the not so good: despite being on the third floor we could hear the dj in the bar and certain persons singing after the music stopped in the early hours. i was awake during the night and could hear the lift being used by patrons we ordered room service for dinner and breakfast. dinner food arrived without any napkins or salt pepper etc. also my husband got club sandwich, ordered on brown came in white bread. chips were very poor. no lemon wedge with the fish and chips. we we were told food would tae approx 15 minutes after ordering, it arrived 39 minutes later. breakfast: was better, i ordered the continental he ordered the irish brekkie. got everything we ordered, on perfect timing, although we did end up with his breakfast in duplicate: attention to the tray prep in the kitchen?

good points: bed was the most comfy ive ever laid my head on in a hotel. linens appeared top quality. room was clean, stylish and very spacious.
location was super, right in the centre of things and easy walking distance to o connell street. there is a tesco right across the road for shopping if your staying in a suuite and intending to cook or want to avoid the rip off mini bar prices. Fleet Street multi storey car has foot access directly across the road and your parking will be validated at reception for 24 hours from arrival at car park.

all in all we enjoyed our stay but the room service really let it down. took the suite with intention of not having to budge for the night, would have been as well off in a standard room and going out of the hotel for food and drinks.

if i was to go again, id run accross the road and grab some goodies from tesco rather than get room service, but in hindsight i wouldnt book in again for this price

Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank blondepc
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Wife and I stayed in Jan 2013 and found it to be an excellent hotel overall. Location is right in the heartland of Temple Bar so expect pints at several euros. Upgrade on arrival was great and hotel was immaculate.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Morgan_Hotel_Manager, General Manager at The Morgan, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Hi Andy W and thank you for taking time to write a review of your stay with us. And such a nice review it is, thank you. It's always a great start to any hotel stay with a complimentary upgrade, and I'm delighted this is how your journey with us began. Pints in Temple Bar area are at the several euro mark and change during different times of the day. We have recently started " Social Hour " which is Monday to Friday 4pm to 7.30pm where we are offering AMAZING drink and food deals. I love the way you finished your review with Immaculate( My favorite word) Thank you again, and I hope to welcome you back soon, and will be buying you a pint during our Social Hour.

Eddie Sweeneyn