“Great bar and location.”
Review of The Morgan

The Morgan
Ranked #39 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed February 11, 2013

Wife and I stayed in Jan 2013 and found it to be an excellent hotel overall. Location is right in the heartland of Temple Bar so expect pints at several euros. Upgrade on arrival was great and hotel was immaculate.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Morgan_Hotel_Manager, General Manager at The Morgan, responded to this reviewResponded February 12, 2013

Hi Andy W and thank you for taking time to write a review of your stay with us. And such a nice review it is, thank you. It's always a great start to any hotel stay with a complimentary upgrade, and I'm delighted this is how your journey with us began. Pints in Temple Bar area are at the several euro mark and change during different times of the day. We have recently started " Social Hour " which is Monday to Friday 4pm to 7.30pm where we are offering AMAZING drink and food deals. I love the way you finished your review with Immaculate( My favorite word) Thank you again, and I hope to welcome you back soon, and will be buying you a pint during our Social Hour.

Eddie Sweeneyn

Reviewed February 10, 2013

I spent two nights here last week as part of a business trip, and expect to stay regularly during the completion of the project. The hotel itself is extremely conveniently situated on Temple Bar, close to all tourist and most business sites. It is modern, clean, and has a large bar/restaurant, as well as interesting reception area. Visitors can also use, free of charge, the gym nearby, which is very well equipped. My room was good, comfortable bed, nicely fitted bathroom - owners please note, it would be helpful to have a magnifying mirror in the bathroom, as well as a hairdryer (I've seen these before in hotels, and it really demonstrates that desire to go one step further to fulfilling your customer's needs). Breakfast also ok, with a range of options including hot food. However, whilst it's straining every muscle to be a boutique hotel, The Morgan is very strangely lacking in atmosphere - pleasant staff, not really trendy, not much oooh factor. I'm not meaning to put you off as it does what it says on the tin, clean, comfortable - but during the week, don't expect a buzz of any kind, because there isn't one.

Room Tip: I gather the rooms at the back are the quietest - no view, but away from the night life of Temple Ba...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Have stayed at the Morgan a number of times in business and the service and experience just keeps getting better. Dave and the staff do an excellent job in making your stay feel warm and welcome and really make you feel like a local. I am fortunate to stay in some beautiful hotels around the world and I have to say that the Morgan is up their with the best of them. Many thanks to Eddie and his staff, hope to see you soon. Tony

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Morgan_Hotel_Manager, General Manager at The Morgan, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2013

Hi tony t , and thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review on tripadvisor about us. Really great to read such nice and honest feedback, and its reviews such as this that makes it all worth it. Tony, I look forward to welcoming you back again with us soon. I hear that there is wonderful golf in coleraine. If you play, let us know before your next visit and we'll arrange a special game for you. Thank you again

Reviewed February 9, 2013

I stayed in this hotel only one night as we had a "girl" night out.I booked this hotel to be able to walk everywhere.Location is excellent as I said in the hear of the Temple Bar. Rooms are very spacious and bed is very comfortable.Simply perfect.Staff is very friendly.Polish receptionist( I think her name is Paula)was very helpful.She told us where to find a nice restaurant for a dinnner and where are the best pubs/clubs for the night.She literally showed us everything on our small map.Thanks her we went to great places and met amazing people.Breakfast is very rich.Definitely you cannot be hungry after such a meal,amazing variety.I can totally recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Morgan_Hotel_Manager, General Manager at The Morgan, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2013

Hi Agusia01,and thank you for taking the time to write such a nice and thoughtful review of your stay with us. It's been raining for the last 48 hours in Dublin, and this review just made the sun come out. Thank you. Great way to start the day. We are indeed in the Heart of Dublins Temple Bar, and people come from all over the Planet to be in the middle of it, and that's where we are. Thank you as well for your kind comments concerning Paula on reception. I have forwarded these on to the team. Our Breakfast is known as one of the best in the city, so fantastic you availed of this. Well, thank you again for making the sun shine here, and I look forward to welcoming you back with us again soon

Reviewed February 8, 2013

I stayed here 5 nights at May 2012. It is situated in heart of the city between pubs and restaurants and shops.
For example there is Hard Rock Cafe next to the hotel. Also there is the shop on the different side of the street.
Inside the hotel is very clean and modern. Room was big and very bright. White bad and also white armchair inside room.
Staff is nice, some of them are from Poland. I have not to wait for the invoice. They proposed to send my and I finally got after 3 days which was very surprising.
Breakfasts were very good with a wide choice of warm meals.
Notice that on Thursdays there is a disco in the hotel bar but it was not annoying at night because rooms are very quiet.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank zdzisiu83
Morgan_Hotel_Manager, General Manager at The Morgan, responded to this reviewResponded February 8, 2013

Dear zdzisiu83. Thank you for taking the time to write a review now of your stay with us in May 2012. Great that you still think of us. Thank you. We are indeed in the heart ( the aorta ) of Dublin, surrounded by everything on offer, right on our doorstep. Our disco runs thursday to sunday and is the hottest spot in town, so thank you for mentioning this. I look forward to welcoming you back to the Morgan Hotel soon.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

Funky hotel right in Temple Bar! You couldn't ask for a better location if you want to be in the thick of things and its in walking distance the main shopping places. The rooms are small and although I am not a fan of plastic furniture it suited the room. They could do with a black out shade as room was bright at about 6am. I requested a room on the 3rd or 4th floor decided by reading someone else's review because it is on a very busy/party street. There was also no hair dryer in the room so we had one brought up to us. I had to stand near the plug and hold it in, not looking in the mirror while I styled my hair. Also I booked this hotel on-line and loved the fact that they had a pool and spa however upon arrival I was told that it actually isn't in the building and I would have to walk outside and down the street to the local gym/pool. Disappointing to say the least. We did not avail of the bar/food so can not comment.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 7, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here on 7th february (a Saturday night) There was a problem with check-in in that they hadn't received an email of confirmation from the website we booked with, so it took several minutes for the lady to try to sort it out. However, she was very apologetic and sweet about it. I was a little disapponted with the furniture in the room; the armchair had a ripped and stained white throw over on it and the bedside table had lots of glass/cup stains on it and clearly hadn't been wiped since the previous guests left. The bathroom had a great shower and the cosmetics were the best quality I've seen in any hotel in Ireland. There was a lovely flat screen tv and a balcony (complete with rust stained furniture) The bed had a horrible slope to the middle. There was a delicious looking green apple complements for us (nice touch) but a business size card left with it was all stained and filthy it put me off the apple. Before we went out for the night we had cocktails in the bar and they were excellent and the service also. When we returned later that night we were hoping to have a nightcap and a chat in the bar but it was jam packed with people. It seemed the perfect place if you were looking for a wild night but you couldn't sit here and relax like we would have liked. That's not a criticism of the hotel at all it just wasn't for us. I didn't know there was a special rate for parking in the car park opposite as nobody told me so I paid a lot for the night it was there. Overall it's a great hotel with an excellent central location to wander around the city and has a quirky feel to it. Great place to stay if you're young and like a buzzing atmosphere.

• Stayed: February 2013

Hi Getmedown, and thank you for taking time to write a review of your stay with us on the 7th of February. I'm sorry that the email conformation wasnt sent to us from the website that you booked your room through. I suggest using our website when booking, as there is a number of amazing weekly offers including Cocktails, 3 course meals, Late check outs, Parking, Live show tickets, Beauty treatments, and so on. But I am delighted that our reception team sorted out this with you while being sweet and apologetic at the same time. Your comments regarding the room and furniture have been forwarded on to our housekeeping department, and they will be addressed immediately. Thank you for noting this. Our bar indeed is the coolest, funkiest, busiest, hippest spot in town and does get a bit wild sometimes ( controlled wild ) We do though have the most relaxing smoking area in Dublin complete with outdoor beds and a parisian vibe and feel to it. I have passed on your kind comments to Alin our bar manager who takes all feedback onboard. Thank you again Getmedown and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future.