“don't be swayed by the reviews......”
Review of The Morgan

The Morgan
Ranked #38 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed June 3, 2011

very friendly young staff.....room excelllent value £75.........food very good value compared to the touristy meateries nearby......location excellent and good car parking nearby. Yes we would use this hotel again!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (2,944)

Reviewed May 26, 2011

Last minute decision to stay in Dublin. Picked the Morgan and am I glad I did....reception staff were fabulous on Sunday last, pleasure to deal with, and a pleasure to stay there. So central, fab room, such a treat. Have booked to stay again already. Thanks for a great stay. Design in the hotel and the room was spectacular. Such a pleasant change to the normal boring hotel experience. Wow!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with OctopusTravel
Reviewed May 19, 2011

When I inquired in person about this hotel, I was told they could provide a quiet room even though it is in the Temple Bar area. When we checked in, they had to search for one. The clerk found one on the fourth floor which sounds okay. It was hot, the carpet was very dirty, and the faucet was about to fall off the sink. We were able to open the window to cool off the room but at some point in the night, it was just too lound. The room was small but with a nice sized and very nice bathroom except for the sink issue. The room was quiet differently decorated and provided a chuckle for both of us. In the management's defense, when I complained about the condition of the room, they offered a better room but only had a king bed and since my friend and I don't sleep together, it wasn't feasible. They did give us complimentary drinks in the bar which was so noisy, we did not take advantage of. I think they want to be a good hotel, but have some work to do to get there. If you aren't keenly interested in partying all hours of the night, find somewhere else to stay.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with friends
2  Thank FLBeachLady
Anthony_Smiddy, General Manager at The Morgan, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2011

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review on our Trip Advisor site following your recent stay. I am very disappointed to hear that you did not have an enjoyable stay at the hotel. Thank you for letting us know about the issues you experienced before you left the hotel and I realise that at the time we were unable to offer you a suitable alternative so that you could relax and enjoy the rest of your stay. In light of this, we would much value the opportunity to get in touch with you directly to discuss the issues that you raised personally with you. We value all feedback from our guests in order to ensure that we continue to improve our service and standard’s within our guestrooms at all times.

Many Thanks,
Anthony Smiddy

Reviewed May 12, 2011

I stayed at The Morgan when I woke up in a hostel with a terrible flu. I walked into the hotel at 6:45 am and the receptionist got me a room immediately, plus she upgraded me. I didn't really need an upgrade because I knew I would just be in bed all day and night but the gesture was generous. I enjoyed the breakfast, at least what I could put down and the bed was quite comfortable. Around 3 am the noise from behind the building was loud. Drunk guys were roaming the back streets I guess. Also, other peoples room doors shutting was exceptionally loud.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed May 7, 2011

Myself and my husband stayed for two nights. We chose a suite as we had read reviews about standard rooms being small, the suite had loads of space with glass doors seperating the bedroom and sitting room and a nice bathroom.
Bathrobes and slippers are supplied in suites but there was only one robe in the suite when we arrived , this was promptly sorted out by reception when we informed them.
Our room was on the 3rd floor and towards the back of the hotel so we didn't experience any noise from outside and the bed was large and very comfortable so we both slept well. We did notice that the white leather sofas in the sitting room could do with being cleaned ( I was wearing white trousers and had to wipe coffee splashes before sitting down).
The bar area is nice but some of the sofas are really tired looking and the drinks are very overpriced, even in comparison to other places in Templebar, there are lots of places to go to eat and drink just outside the door so this is not a problem.
If you are looking for a hotel that is central to everything the city has to offer we would recommend here.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 2, 2011

Marketed as a classy boutique hotel.... Not quite.

On arrival it looked great and the staff member on reception was excellent (however they could definitely use at least two, there was always a queue and the phone was constantly ringing).

However when we got to our room (105) we noticed it was next door to their laundry room; the washing machine could easily heard in our room. Also the room was fairly cramped (really poor layout; easy to fix really). The ensuite bathroom was hilarious: so insanely laid out that you can't even sit on the loo facing forwards - you have to sit sideways!!! I'm only 5"4 and a size 8 so not massive! Also the door frame is too small for the hole, basically it looked rubbish! The decor as a whole is tired and disappointing, especially for the price!

The main issue, however, is the noise! Don't expect to fall asleep before 4:30am. They need some decent double glazing - the street noise and music from the clubs and bars is unacceptable. More noisy came from inside the hotel though! The noise of the water going the pipes, very loud banging, etc etc was terrible.

We heard other people complaining and we certainly pointed it out too, but the staff seemed 'surprised'.

A shame.

• Stayed: April 2011
Reviewed April 26, 2011

This place was so nice to stay at for a weekend. friendly staff and lovely rooms. Deffintely recommend this place to people visiting Dublin.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with friends