“Location & Comfort!!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Sydney, Australia
“Location & Comfort!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 3, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 1 night. Got to the hotel at 9am+ as our flight landed at 7am. I has previously requested for an early check in but was advised that it was not guaranteed. When we got there, there were no rooms available but we were advised to come back by 10am. We wandered around & returned at 11am. A room was ready & although on the small side it was nice.
The bed was the best part!
Very good heating & no problems with the shower /hot water.
Very friendly staff!!
Only slight negative point was the breakfast. Service was top notch but hot b'fast wasn't so great.
We loved our stay here & will make this our hotel of choice for our Dublin stays.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank manuocconor
PaulGallagherMngr, General Manager at Buswells Hotel, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Thank you Manuocconor for your recent review of Buswells Hotel. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Dublin.

Paul Gallagher.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (285)
  • Thai first
London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 28, 2013

Stayed just one night here and had a pleasant stay. Reception and bar areas nice and staff very helpful. Overall room was nice and the bed was very comfortable but the room was definitely showing signs of wear and tear and the bathroom was tiny. Lots of noise from the road outside in the morning as well. Whilst I wouldn't mind staying again if you prefer something more modern I know you can definitely get a better deal in Dublin. My room was originally booked as a double but as single occupancy with a 30 euro charge to make this double occupancy this took the room up to over 100 euro which for me wasn't great value. Overall fine for one night.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank lou2109
Thank you lou2109 for taking the time to give your feedback on your recent stay with us at Buswells Hotel. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Tuamgraney, Clare, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013

My husband and I stayed in Buswells for two nights, the hotel is lovely and full of character. A good central location and practically on the doorstep of Grafton Street and Stephens Green. Staff were excellent.Great atmosphere in the bar and the food was lovely. We intend to stay there again. Thank you to all the staff for a lovely couple of nights. Breeda Soper.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Ms. Soper, many thanks for taking the time to post this review following your recent stay with us at Buswells Hotel.
It is great to read that you found our location so central. I was especially delighted to hear how much you enjoyed the atmosphere and food in the bar.

We look forward to welcoming you back some time soon.

Austin, Texas, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

I like places with character. I want to stay in a hotel that reflects the culture and soul of the city I am in. Buswells was the perfect place for me! The place was beautiful, old and maybe a bit worn around the edges but Irish and lovely in all the ways that count. The staff was great, they upgraded me to a suite just because I made them laugh on check in. The suite itself was large and comfortable. The BEST part was getting to it. Up one flight of stairs, down another, around a corner, down another flight, up two more then take this elevator there you go! I was giggling with joy the whole time, it was ridiculous and fabulous all at the same time. A person in a delicate or disabled position would have trouble - don't book a suite in that case. I loved kicking back in the hotel's bar, I loved stepping outside into the heart and soul of Dublin and being so close to everything. I loved everything about this place. I can't wait to go back and I won't stay anywhere else.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Wendy C
Wendy C, thank you so much for the wonderful review of your stay with us in July. It is great to read that you enjoyed your stay so much and found our location so central.

We do hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you to Buswells Hotel again in the near future.

Wicken
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed here for one night when I was on business locally. The hotel is showing signs of age and is a little tired but the staff were excellent, the breakfast splendid, the bar staff very helpful and the location is absolutely excellent. It was good value for money and I would have no hesitation in returning.
I wish I could add half a point to the overall rating - but that doesn't seem technically possible. It is definitely better than average.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you PlumBailey for your recent review of Buswells Hotel. I am delighted to read now much you enjoyed your stay with us - it was especially nice to hear how impressed you were with the service of our staff.
I hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back on your next visit to Dublin.

Tullamore, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

Just back from a 2 night break away in Dubin. Having stayed in Buswells back in Aug 2011, I decided to book the hotel again. It has a fantastic location, literally on the doorstep of Grafton St & St. Stephens Green and a 10 / 15min stroll from O'Connell St & Henry St.. It also boasts the most courteous & professional staff !!! With a great bar, lovely atmosphere & very tasty food, by far a hotel I have no hesitation in recommending & I will definitly be returning!!!! Thank you to all in Buswells for a fantastic week end. See ye again soon :)

Room Tip: 103 is a stones throw from the residents bar!!!!!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Sarah R
Thank you so much for your lovely review. I am so glad you had such a lovely stay with us last month. I was especially delighted to read how much you enjoyed the atmosphere and food and how impressed you were with the service of our staff.
I hope you had a memorable stay in Dublin and I would be delighted to welcome you back again some time in the near future.

Marion, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2013

I found this hotel in Rick Steves 2012 Ireland guidebook and was very happy. I searched around a different places and kept coming back to this one. It was a good choice. It's very close to Grafton Street and yet out of the way from the main hustle and bustle. The staff was incredible beyond words even. Our little, now laughable situation was handled promptly, respectfully and professionally. The buffet breakfast (included in the price if desired) was very nice. Nothing spectacular mind you but traditional Irish breakfast and made to order food from the kitchen as well. My tea was wonderful every morning. Be aware that the bread goes quickly so if you want a croissant get there early! The bar/lounge has very nice (and big) sandwiches. If you like cream in your coffee, remember Ireland's cream is the consistency of American cream cheese haha. The porters are friendly and there are umbrellas handy if you need one. I like the fact that's his hotel has old fashion key for rooms. No worrying about loosing your keys while in the city. That being said there is a trick to opening the doors so be aware of that. There is usually a board near the desk with suggested itineraries from Rick's book. Sundays the National Museum is free. It's nothing too grand but interesting and not far from the hotel. If you have a street facing room be advised the Viking Splash Tour goes by a lot but I never minded it. It was a running joke for our trip. You will also see horse drawn carriages go by as well. You can also hear seagulls too. I found that charming. The bathrooms are moderate but efficient enough.the lobby is beautiful. It's a nice place (or the lounge) to have afternoon tea and look out the windows. Judith, at the desk is exceptional. :)

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you RhondaR5 for taking the time to give your feedback on your stay with us last August.
It is great to read that you had such an enjoyable stay with us and you found our location convenient to so many attractions.