Buswells Hotel
Westbury Hotel
$213
$192
Agoda.com
Dublin Skylon Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
$140
1,614 results
All reviewstrinity collegegrafton streetgreat locationirish parliamentleinster housenational librarygovernment buildingscharming hotelquiet streettriple roomwithin walking distancetemple barpublic areasrooms are smallthree nightscentral locationbar food
Reviewed January 24, 2013

I like places with character. I want to stay in a hotel that reflects the culture and soul of the city I am in. Buswells was the perfect place for me! The place was beautiful, old and maybe a bit worn around the edges but Irish and lovely in all the ways that count. The staff was great, they upgraded me to a suite just because I made them laugh on check in. The suite itself was large and comfortable. The BEST part was getting to it. Up one flight of stairs, down another, around a corner, down another flight, up two more then take this elevator there you go! I was giggling with joy the whole time, it was ridiculous and fabulous all at the same time. A person in a delicate or disabled position would have trouble - don't book a suite in that case. I loved kicking back in the hotel's bar, I loved stepping outside into the heart and soul of Dublin and being so close to everything. I loved everything about this place. I can't wait to go back and I won't stay anywhere else.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Wendy C
PaulGallagherMngr, General Manager at Buswells Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Wendy C, thank you so much for the wonderful review of your stay with us in July. It is great to read that you enjoyed your stay so much and found our location so central.

We do hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you to Buswells Hotel again in the near future.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

I stayed here for one night when I was on business locally. The hotel is showing signs of age and is a little tired but the staff were excellent, the breakfast splendid, the bar staff very helpful and the location is absolutely excellent. It was good value for money and I would have no hesitation in returning.
I wish I could add half a point to the overall rating - but that doesn't seem technically possible. It is definitely better than average.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Thank you PlumBailey for your recent review of Buswells Hotel. I am delighted to read now much you enjoyed your stay with us - it was especially nice to hear how impressed you were with the service of our staff.
I hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back on your next visit to Dublin.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

Just back from a 2 night break away in Dubin. Having stayed in Buswells back in Aug 2011, I decided to book the hotel again. It has a fantastic location, literally on the doorstep of Grafton St & St. Stephens Green and a 10 / 15min stroll from O'Connell St & Henry St.. It also boasts the most courteous & professional staff !!! With a great bar, lovely atmosphere & very tasty food, by far a hotel I have no hesitation in recommending & I will definitly be returning!!!! Thank you to all in Buswells for a fantastic week end. See ye again soon :)

Room Tip: 103 is a stones throw from the residents bar!!!!!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Sarah R

Thank you so much for your lovely review. I am so glad you had such a lovely stay with us last month. I was especially delighted to read how much you enjoyed the atmosphere and food and how impressed you were with the service of our staff.
I hope you had a memorable stay in Dublin and I would be delighted to welcome you back again some time in the near future.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

I found this hotel in Rick Steves 2012 Ireland guidebook and was very happy. I searched around a different places and kept coming back to this one. It was a good choice. It's very close to Grafton Street and yet out of the way from the main hustle and bustle. The staff was incredible beyond words even. Our little, now laughable situation was handled promptly, respectfully and professionally. The buffet breakfast (included in the price if desired) was very nice. Nothing spectacular mind you but traditional Irish breakfast and made to order food from the kitchen as well. My tea was wonderful every morning. Be aware that the bread goes quickly so if you want a croissant get there early! The bar/lounge has very nice (and big) sandwiches. If you like cream in your coffee, remember Ireland's cream is the consistency of American cream cheese haha. The porters are friendly and there are umbrellas handy if you need one. I like the fact that's his hotel has old fashion key for rooms. No worrying about loosing your keys while in the city. That being said there is a trick to opening the doors so be aware of that. There is usually a board near the desk with suggested itineraries from Rick's book. Sundays the National Museum is free. It's nothing too grand but interesting and not far from the hotel. If you have a street facing room be advised the Viking Splash Tour goes by a lot but I never minded it. It was a running joke for our trip. You will also see horse drawn carriages go by as well. You can also hear seagulls too. I found that charming. The bathrooms are moderate but efficient enough.the lobby is beautiful. It's a nice place (or the lounge) to have afternoon tea and look out the windows. Judith, at the desk is exceptional. :)

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Thank you RhondaR5 for taking the time to give your feedback on your stay with us last August.
It is great to read that you had such an enjoyable stay with us and you found our location convenient to so many attractions.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

Stayed here for a concert in Pheonix park. We had arrived in Dublin quite early and our room was ready so we were allowed to check in early. Room had everything we needed. Bar staff were attentive downstairs. Good location!

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends

Jimmy0103, many thanks for taking the time to post a review of your stay with us. It was great to read that everything was as needed and we hope to welcome you back to the hotel again in the near future.