“Great First Impression !!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Buswells Hotel

Buswells Hotel
Ranked #24 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
GreenLeadersSilver level
Lombard, Illinois
“Great First Impression !!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

I arrived early in the morning,and was able to store my bags while I "got the lay of the land" ! Clive at the consierge desk became my "guardian angel"-this was my first visit to Dublin-and St Stephens Green was a must !!! He provided a map and directions-and off I went to explore. When I returned 3 hours later-much to my delight after flying all night-my room was ready and my bags were delivered !! Spent the first 2 and last night of the two week tour at this lovely hotel-so close to the museums,Trinity College,the parks and Temple Bar - its a "don't miss" !!

Room Tip: Chose a room away from the street
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
PaulGallagherMngr, General Manager at Buswells Hotel, responded to this review, November 8, 2012
Many thanks for your lovely reivew. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay so much. It was especially nice to hear how Clive looked after you.
I hope we w have the opportunity of welcoming you to Buswells Hotel in the near future.

Paul Gallagher.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (285)
  • Thai first
Drogheda, Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for the October bank holiday '12. First impressions were great and it didn't stop there. The foyer was so comfy, warm and welcoming. The staff at reception were very friendly which put us at ease straight away, big smiles all around while chatting to us and giving us all the information we needed. It was the weekend of the Dublin City Marathon and the hotel had put on early breakfasts for the runners. Nothing was too much for these people who went out of their way to help and accommodation us. Room was perfect, maybe a little warm but we just turned off the radiator so cannot complain. Notices around the hotel tell the guests the there is work being done to upgrade areas but this didn't affect us. Some fixtures and fittings are showing their age but if you look past this then this hotel will certainly not let you down. I LOVED it. Special mention to Patrick Lenanne the day manager on duty while we stayed who was just amazing. We will definitely return again and soon.

Room Tip: Ask for room that doesn't sit over restaurant or bar area.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your lovely review following your recent stay with us. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay so much and especially with all our staff, in particular Patrick.
I hope we will have the opportunity of welcoming your to Buswells Hotel again in the near future.

Walsall, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

The hotel is located perfectly for the main shopping areas, bars and resturants etc. Close to bus stops for 'Dublin' bus tours. The hotel staff are friendly and attention to detail is excellent. Rooms are fairly basic, but clean and comfortable.

1 Thank zebcat
Zebcat, thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay at Buswells Hotel. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and we do hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Buswells Hotel on your next visit to Dublin.

McKinney, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2012

I stayed for a week at Buswells the first week in October. The staff was friendly and helpful. Ireland is a very friendly country. I did ask to have my room switched from a front view room to something quieter in the back of the hotel. It is very coveniently located to the Museum, Library, Trinity College, Grafton Street, and St. Stephen's Square. Although the food was very good at all different times of the day, outside of breakfast ,the service was slow. Always hard to get the attention of a staff member to order a meal or to get your bill. I really think they just need to hire additional staff.

Room Tip: Rooms to the rear are quieter.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for you recent review of Buswells Hotel. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay - it was especially nice to hear how impressed you were with our friendly and helpful staff and our central location.
I have noted the issues you experienced during this stay and I can ensure you that this is not our normal standard.
I do hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you to Buswells Hotel.

England
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

The location, right near the Parliament Building is perfect for the city. The hotel needs an update, although they were painting the entrance whilst we were there. The room we had was very gloomy, but beds comfortable and nice pillows. Staff were lovely and good breakfast

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank sooots
PaulGallagherMngr, General Manager at Buswells Hotel, responded to this review, October 18, 2012
Thank you for your review. We are delighted that you enjoyed our location which is so central to many attractions.
We have painters on site at the moment doing refurbishment in our reception and bar areas which will be followed by a full soft refurbishment of all our rooms which we hope to complete by Christmas.
We hope to welcome you back to Buswells Hotel is in the not too distant future.

Richmond, North Yorkshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

We had a lovely stay at Buswells last weekend. We were given a different room when we asked for one, and were very well looked after by the helpful and friendly staff, particularly Vickie and Patrick - our pillows were swapped late-ish on at night by Patrick when I explained my daughter was allergic to feathers, and we were recommended a lovely seafood restaurant by Vickie. Breakfast a Buswells was super, - all hot choices were cooked to order, and the continental breakfast was fresh and plentiful. Hotel itself is slightly shabby in places, but a lovely building, and the bar was lively. The location is great, two mins from Grafton Street and on a lovely quiet street. Thank you very much.

Room Tip: Just ask to change rooms if your not happy.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to post your review of your recent stay at Buswells Hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and it is great to read how impressed you were with everything from our service to the super breakfast. It was especially nice to read how Vicki & Patrick looked after you.
I hope we will se you again sometime soon.
Bourne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

Spent 3 nights here for our wedding anniversary at the beginning of October. Beautiful hotel older style hotel, friendly and helpful staff and gorgeous room with really comfortable bed, we didn't want to come home. Set in a perfect location close to the Dawson Street restaurants and Grafton Street. This has to be the best European short break we have ever had.

Room Tip: Room 97 - Beautiful with Super King Size Bed
2 Thank Ali D
PaulGallagherMngr, General Manager at Buswells Hotel, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
Ali D, Thank you for taking the time to post this review following your recent stay with us. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and how impressed you were with our staff and location.
We look forward to welcoming you back again some time in the near future.