“Great hotel, great location!”
Review of Brooks Hotel

Brooks Hotel
Ranked #11 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed October 9, 2009

We found this hotel on-line and booked because of location and previous reviews. More than lived up to our expections. We used it for the last two nights in Dublin after driving around Ireland for a week with frienids. This quiet, elegant hotel is near all the Dublin sights. As planned, we turned in our car and walked to everything. The friendly front desk staff were was very helpful. There is a cozy resiident's lounge (library) in the basement with two Internet stations. Thohgh we didn't use them, the on-site bar and restaurant looked very nice. The express caoch to the airlport is an easy couple of blocks away. We would defintely use the Brooks Hotel on a return visit.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (2,402)

Reviewed October 8, 2009

The staff of the Brooks Hotel were wonderful! Upon early arrival, we were served lovely tea and coffee while waiting for our room and offered suggestions about planning our day. The rooms have high quality linens and pillows and nice touches throughout. We received great recommendations from the staff for dining, sites, and even where to find the best selection of Irish whiskey's by small producers. I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed October 6, 2009

We had our annual girl's trip and this year's destination is Dublin. I chose this hotel because of the pleasant reviews. True enough, it was indeed an ideal hotel inside the sentrum of Dublin. The staff were helpful and jolly. Thanks to Gerrard, Marvin and our half french-half dubliner man in the hotel's restaurant. It was close to Grafton street which is impt for us - shopping area. The hotel was close by the castle, Christ Church Cathedral, St. Patrick Cathedral and even in the areas of Henry st. Probably it's a bit far for those who hate to walk but it was just fine for us. The hotel's room was clean and the area was safe for women going home late at night. It was close to pubs and restaurants but not that close that you can hear the party people. It was good value for money.

• Stayed: September 2009
Reviewed October 6, 2009

I checked into the Brooks on September 25th and stayed for 2 nights. As soon as I arrived to the hotel, the woman at the concierge, I believe her name was Lisa, was extremely warm in her greeting, and dropped everything to see about getting me a room when I arrived at 9:30am! After a long international flight, it was much appreciated to be accommodated into my room so early in the morning. Once I got into my room, I was even more elated. The room was gorgeous, immaculate and very nicely decorated. The bathroom was spacious and the bed was one of the most comfortable hotel beds I have ever slept in. I definitely recommend this hotel to any traveler and I hope to be back myself sometime in the near future!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed October 2, 2009

This is not an amazingly luxurious hotel but it is friendly, very clean, comfortable and in a really superb location. Dublin hotels in general, in my opinion, are overpriced and generally disappointing- I've visited Dublin many times and stayed in around 10 different hotels as I've yet to find a really good one. This is probably the best I've stayed in yet. though I've stayed in a few which were much more expensive this was probably the best value in terms of room quality and overall experience.
Pros- Great location. 5 mins walk to Temple Bar, 5 mins walk to Grafton St, 2 mins walk to St Stephen's Green. Lots of funky, independant shops and cafes in the surrounding area.
- spacious very clean room
- very friendly and professional staff
Cons-
Standard rooms are a bit dated and a wee bit scruffy( chipped paintwork, scuffed wallpaper in places) . I would pay for a room upgrade next time.
- our room at the front of the building was pretty noisy until after 2 am- not good for light sleepers! Also sound insulation from next door rooms and upstairs wasn't great.
All in all I would return but I'd try the executive room and insist on a room at the back.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Clare C
Reviewed September 28, 2009

My husband and I stayed at the Brooks Hotel for the first two days of our trip to Ireland. What a wonderful, warm welcome we received! Conor, the Concierge, is a treasure - providing a general layout of the city, excellent rcommendations for touring, eating and shopping! Our room was beautifully appointed and spotless. We loved the "Pillow Menu". Breakfast, dinner and bar staff could not have been more efficient or friendly. We enjoyed an exquisite dinner in the hotel restaurant with flawless service. We loved the Brooks Hotel - would recommend it to anyone and hope to return one day.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 27, 2009

This hotel is well located to visit Dublin. The room we had was clean, quiet and quite nice. I wish it had had more storage (drawers, etc.). Our room included breakfast. We had a little trouble communicating with the multicultural wait staff but the food was very good. The concierge, Conor O'Connell was a special treat; very friendly and most willing to suggest attractions, places to eat and the like.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled with friends