“Only place to stay in Dublin”
Review of Brooks Hotel

Brooks Hotel
Ranked #9 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Central Islip, New York
“Only place to stay in Dublin”
Reviewed March 21, 2014

Connor the Doorman welcomes you and becomes your personal guide. We stayed here last year, and have stayed at other hotels in Dublin. We will not stay anywhere else when we go back! Rooms are adorable, they give you a pillow selection form to fill out, turn down service includes chocolate and the location cannot be beat. Centrally located, short walk in any direction takes you to anywhere you want to go. The breakfast is decent, many choices and pastry buffet is ample. We took advantage of a whiskey tasting at the bar, and it was wonderful. We have tried many Irish whiskeys, but were introduced to a few that we had never heard of. The whiskey sommelier, whose name I cannot remember, was very informative and humourous. We love this place....and the Hairy Lemon is just a few steps from the front door!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (348)
  • Hebrew first
South East
Reviewed March 20, 2014

I think this is a perfectly lovely hotel. The check in was efficient and friendly and the clerk and the concierge (Marvin) were both incredibly helpful. The location is really convenient for Temple Bar and the area is very pleasant with shops and restaurants of all types in the vicinity.

My room was very attractive with a large bed and comfortable chairs. The standard of cleanliness was excellent and the bathroom had a large and powerful shower and White Company toiletries which smelt really nice. The only thing I'd have liked but didn't have would be a more powerful hairdryer. I slept really well and there was very little noise or disturbance. I liked the man coming around in the evening with chocolate to check everything is alright. I thought that was a lovely touch.

The breakfast was good, plentiful and with one of the best fresh cooked breakfasts I've had in a while. I love it when everything is done to order.

I think I would definitely stay here again on a future visit to Dublin.

Room Tip: The 4th floor is very quiet.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Pittsford, New York
Reviewed March 17, 2014

Just spent two weekend nights here after previously staying here 7 years earlier. Nothing has changed. Still great service - efficient, friendly checkin (bags held until rooms ready as we arrived early), concierge made pointed effort to learn all our names; comfortable rooms. The location is why I originally stayed at the Brooks and why I returned. It's extremely central to everything but on a quiet side street that made for no late night disturbances. My first visit we used the hop on/hop off bus to get around. This trip we took cabs part of the first day but quickly realized we could walk to most places we wanted to visit. It gave us a much better feel of Dublin. We would not hesitate to return or recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank bkbmom
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed March 14, 2014

Great location and rather easy to find. The hotel staff is great, many of them remembered our name (we were only there 3 nights). Worth the price if you are looking in this range. Rooms were a bit same, but clean.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Kevin m
Belfast, Northern Ireland
Reviewed March 12, 2014

My wife and I stayed at the hotel this month for 2 nights. We booked the hotel because of its location, it is right beside a Bikram Yoga Studio and in a great area of Dublin. Check in was very efficient and friendly and although we stayed during a very busy period in Dublin I never saw a queue at reception. We had booked a deluxe king room and we were allocated room 215. This is near the back of the hotel and away from the lift which suited us perfectly but would not suit anyone who wanted a view.

The room was nicely decorated and I was pleasantly surprised that the bathroom had a separate shower and bath. There were plenty of towels and toiletries and they also provided extra towels when we needed very quickly. There was one bathrobe in the room upon arrival and when I requested a further robe it was also brought to the room quickly. The bed was excellent and we both slept very soundly, they have a pillow menu so a good nights sleep is obviously something they are keen to promote. A turndown service is provided and they leave a small chocolate on your pillow. Storage space was good and the room has a iron and ironing board.

Two small bottles of mineral water were supplied daily. A great feature was the fact that the mini-bar is empty upon your arrival and you have the choice to have it stocked or you can leave it empty for your own use. Although the fridge is small it did mean that we could keep any drinks that we bought cool. There was a kettle and selection of tea and coffee.

The room had a flat screen TV but the signal quality was not great and some channels were not available. A digital radio was in the room but we never used and a DVD player was also available which we never used. You can rent DVDs from a local rental store and they will deliver to your room. The hairdryer was not great and my wife would recommend any female visitors to bring their own hairdryer. There were 2 plug sockets near the mirror and the room also had a European and USA plug socket which I thought was a great idea.

We had booked a room only rate but decided to have breakfast in the hotel and they only charged ten euro per person which I thought was great. Breakfast was excellent and I recommend that if you have a room only deal that you ask reception if they can offer you a discount on the normal breakfast rate. We also had dinner in the restaurant and this was very good and although the dining room was quiet this suited us perfectly.

The best thing about the hotel, however, is the staff. They are extremely friendly and helpful. Everyone says hello as you are going past and the staff even take the time to stop and have a chat to ask how your day is going. If I was rating the hotel just on the facilities I would be giving it a 4 out of 5 but the staff make this a 5. I have already booked for another trip at the end of May. Well done Brooks!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Toe-Knee
Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed March 10, 2014

Great location , ( with parking across the street ) , super friendly staff , rooms very comfortable .. best value Dublin city center hotel I have visited for some time, highly recommended .walking distance to a great variety of bars , restaurants , shops ...

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Tommy G
Kilkenny, Ireland
Reviewed March 7, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here the weekend of the 22nd feb! Arrived early & our room was ready. We were upgraded to a deluxe room (303) it was amazing, so nicely decorated and it was the little extras that made it - pillow menu, water, bathrobes & the old style radio playing! We were very impressed... Breakfast ran until 11.30 and we enjoyed it! We were only there one night and our plans were to head out with friends so we didn't get to experience the room or bar enough. Thank you to Lesley for booking the room you were great! We will definitely be returning for more than one night next time.

Diane :)