“Fab, loved it overall”
Review of Brooks Hotel

Brooks Hotel
Ranked #10 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed August 12, 2008

Brooks is a great hotel, excellently located and very comfortable.

The room was very clean and the one minor niggle I had with the entire stay was that the bath enamel was chipped and the bath plug chain was broken (but the plug was there) Also one day the shower gel used didn't get replaced. But these are really minor things but given the price of the room I would have expected it to be perfect.

The staff were very efficient and friendly and breakfast was excellent. Bed was very comfy and the room facilities excellent.

It was mostly very quiet despite being in the centre of the city, however one night a group of people were having a bit of a row in the street outside (for at least half an hour) which woke me up, but this was not the norm.

Overall a good experience, very comfortable hotel and excellent staff.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank heieup
There are newer reviews for Brooks Hotel

Reviewed August 11, 2008

We loved the good food at the restaurant and found lots of good cafes and restaurants in the close neighbourhood.
We stayed Friday and Saturday night and were given a room facing a noisy street. There must be a pub or disco closeby. I was glad I had my earplugs with me and slept very well.
There is one thing I think should be improved: the opening hour for breakfast on Sunday morning is 8 o'clock. I think this is too late for people who have to get to the airport or would like to leave for early sightseeing. It seemed like a beehive just around that time.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Rigiblick
Reviewed August 4, 2008

Brooks Hotel is located in a perfect spot to get out and walk and see the side streets and shopping of Dublin. Every area is accesible including DART for day trips to Howth. Our room was roomy, clean and quiet. My 17 yr old son and I stayed for 2.5 days and enjoyed the room and the included breakfast. The front desk staff were very helpful and warm. We didnt try the Jasmine Bar but it recently won a prestigious "whisky bar" honor and looked very chic.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank sanlynn
Reviewed July 27, 2008

The Hotel is situated down a side street, and even though our bedroom was on the road side and it was a friday night that we stayed here, it was quiet.

The room was ment to have a King size bed, but it was 2 singles pushed together. That would be my only gripe about it. But I would definitly stay here again.

We booked through 1800hotels.ie . Got a better deal than booking with the hotel, and our breakfast was included as well.

Grafton Street is only about 2 minutes walk from the hotel. So if youre in the city for sight seeing, this would be a brillent base.

There is a carpark across the road. The hotel offers discount on the parking. I think it was €6 to cover the hours between 5.30pm-12pm the following day. Qutie a good deal concidering how expensive parking can be in the capital.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank kiwigrl
Reviewed July 25, 2008

Dublin is not a cheap city, but this hotel offers very good value for money. In other words its not cheap, but for Dublin its very reasonable! We stayed for 4 nights

A central location means that the whole of central Dublin is within easy walking distance.

Special mention for the staff (ironically many are not Irish) who offer service beyond that normally given by city centre hotels. Very friendly as well. The door is opened by the doorman, everyone has a smile and the place is alive and happy.

Our room was excellent, of a reasonable size and comfortable to sit in.

We did not use the hotel restaurant, choosing instead to eat in the multitude of very good local restaurants within a couple of hundred meters of the hotel.

We left feeling that we had been treated as individuals and not processed like peas in a pod. A hotel to use if you are in Dublin

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank moraira
Reviewed July 23, 2008

I stayed at Brooks hotel in June. On arrival the door was opened for me and I was greeted pleasantly. -Hit

I booked my package online and made some special requests which were email confirmation acknowledged this, but on arrival firstly my booking could not be found then when it was none of my special requests were stated.- Hit or so I thought

Firstly I asked for a twin room, but a double was awaiting. This would not suit as I was sharing with a collegue. The gentleman at reception asked me to take a seat while he rectified this . After a few minutes I was told My room would be ready in half an hour . I had just arrived on an early flight from London and had hoped to check in quickly as I had another conference in Dublin so the half hour seemed very long.- Miss

I went for a walk & its great how central the hotel is.- Hit.
When I got back my room was ready. The room was really spacious and very well decorated but the twin bed arrangement was not very good. The beds were right beside each other.- miss

my next request of a quiet room with no street noise was done thankfully- hit

One robe in closet & two guests -miss

Bedroom book stated iron in room but there was none- miss

Water pressure very bad at one stage I was scalded & another I was frozen-miss

Package booked "champagne & shopping" to include breakfast but when we went down for breakfast the first morning we were told this was not included & were left standing there not knowing if we had to wait to be seated or not. There were lots of staff running round and no eye contact made to acknowledge we were there which was very frustrating- miss

Breakfast was lovely, fresh breads and pastries & cooked breakfast so lots of choice- hit

We got back to the hotel at around 10 each night & felt like an inconvenience in the bar- miss
however all reception staff were very polite-hit.

In the bedroom book it mentioned footspa's were available so I decide I would ask for one . It was broken-miss

on check out I was shown a receipt for breakfasts seperate to the package and I had to explain again it was part of the package. I had to find my print off of my booking and prove this which annoyed me as staff should know what is included in the packages they sell.-miss

Turndown service was very nice- hit

Ok my review seems very negative but 90% of the staff were very pleasant. It was the confusion that really bugged me. The staff were quick to rectify things but my problem was these things should not have happened. There were too many little things which made it a big thing. Better structure is needed & I would happily go back.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled on business
3  Thank cityslicker52
Reviewed July 18, 2008

Some Good

The hotel is very central and close to all the action and places of interest.. Most of the staff are very friendly and a special mention to Stephen who greeted us and explained the city when we arrived.

Some bad

As the hotel is very central it is very noisy on a Saturday night. There is a disco on the corner of the block and this continued to boom until 3.00am on the Sunday morning. Our room was on the first floor with no double glazing so we enjoyed the full benefit of the bass notes. We were then kept awake for a further hour as the drunken revellers wended their way home.

For the second night we were moved, and were undisturbed especially as the disco was shut. Both rooms were adequate, but a little on the small side.

The quality of the cooked breakfast was poor with flaky scrambled egg – weird!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple