“Great Value”
Review of Brooks Hotel

Brooks Hotel
Ranked #11 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Charming hotel, great location, friendly bar open late, nicely appointed rooms with extras such as a pillow menu in case the one you have is not to your liking. Has a gym when many don't and friendly staff (particularly the bartenders.)

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (2,400)

Reviewed April 4, 2013 via mobile

Stayed in this hotel for one night over Easter with my partner. We had a lovely stay in a very well kept hotel. Our meal in the hotel restaurant was beautiful and the breakfast well worth getting. Handy for central Dublin and temple bar as well as shopping.

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank pharmboy1
Reviewed April 4, 2013

I stayed here just a week ago with my husband, and we truly loved our experience. When we arrived, the receptionist was beyond friendly, and they even let us up to our room early. We were only in Dublin for a few days for the last leg of our Europe trip, but in the short time we were there we really got to experience how awesome the city is. Connor, the concierge was extremely helpful in directing us and telling us the best things to see/do.

One of the days, we slept in and had the privacy sign up, so we missed the window for maid service. They provided us the option to call and request service, but we didn’t feel like we needed it. However, lo and behold, when we returned they had cleaned our room after all. This is just an example of how they go above and beyond with service. The only (very minor and out of their control) issue was that there was construction going on at all hours of the night outside of our room, so we slept with earplugs. A warning might have been nice for that, but it really wasn't a big deal. Overall, the good WAY outweighs this one minor detail.

The location is absolutely perfect, very, very close to everything, and it very reasonably priced. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: If you're traveling soon, ask about rooms away from the road maintenance, they might be able to...
1  Thank Mrs B
Reviewed April 3, 2013

The Brooks Hotel in Dublin is centrally located to everything. Front desk staff very helpful and friendly. Breakfast was included in our pkg and was delicious and very fresh. We would definately stay here again when visiting Dublin. We loved it!

Room Tip: Only downfall was that our room looked out to the parking garage across the street. (front hotel)
Reviewed April 3, 2013

We managed to get reservations at the Brooks Hotel the night of the rugby game and through the week up to St. Patrick's Day. Rooms were hard to find in Dublin and the Brooks was a fortunate find for us. The room was lovely with amenities such as heated mirror in the bathroom, great shower head with hot water, and comfortable bed (decor was lovely and understated as well). Because the hotel was booked, we were not able to get a room with view.
The staff were welcoming and helpful, even answering emailed questions before our arrival, and the environment was relaxing, elegant without pretense. All desk staff provided excellent service but Connor merits mention. He seemed to be everywhere and to show up just as needed; he could answer any question. He recommended a tour with Mary Gibbons that Lonely Planet also rated as high and gave us tips such as "take your own food as the cafeteria at site is expensive and food awful". He was right and we were prepared.
And the location was central to our activities, whether to catch Dart, shop around Grafton Street, visit "our" pub (Kehoe's), visit galleries, find restaurants. We would stay there again when visiting Dublin.

1  Thank mary l
Reviewed April 2, 2013

My wife and I spent a week here from March 23 through March 30, 2013. This was our first non- chain/boutique hotel. I usually consider 'boutique' to equate to old. Well this hotel is old and does have its physical problems - had to run the shower for 30 minutes to get the water from scalding to warm, doors that had to be propped open, no heat. These were just hiccups in what was a very enjoyable stay. The staff was phenomenal - reservations, desk,concierge, and housekeeping. Room upon our arrival and during our stay was very clean. The mattress, unfortunately, was hard like a dried out sponge. The breakfast (included in my rate) was good with a small menu for ordering. Internet (included) was good to very good. The windows are soundproofed and I heard no street noise (the hotel is across from a parking garage and social club). But it's the location that really makes this hotel one I would return to. A mini mart and ATM/CashPoint around the corner, 5 minute walk to Hop On Hop Off Bus, Grafton Street, 10 minute walk to Temple Bar, less than 15 minutes to Trinity College and the Visitor Center on Suffolk. I would recommend this hotel for couples and people on business (EU members were there at the hotel during our stay).

Room Tip: Higher Floor
2  Thank John O
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Stayed here with my father while visiting my son at Trinity College & will absolutely stay here anytime we are in Dublin (they offer you a fabulous Pillow Selection form to choose what type of pillow you want them to provide). I almost rated it very good due to my room's (115) wifi was not very strong & the window faced a trash area (not a big deal if you close the curtains but it did have muffled noise at night from bottles being dumped into the bins). Wifi: If i stood near the door I could maybe get a signal. However, in all kudos to the staff (and why this place is excellent in my view) I did call and report this and they immediately came up to my room to see what was wrong and offered to move me to another room...I declined (I could use the wifi in my dads room if necessary) but if I had to rely on it I would have moved. Noise: muffled, very short duration but needed to note this. Excellent location, excellent, knowledgeable staff & very good breakfast selections. It is super clean, & my dad who is a little ocd even said how clean everything was in his room. His room was on the 5th floor and was large, comfortable and had great wifi. Other notes: My dad has a few mobility issues & his room did not have a shower. The tub is deep (with grab bars) & was not easy for him to step out of. If you like bubble baths it would be excellent!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family