“Location and service”

Ranked #10 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
Atlanta GA
“Location and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

We managed to get reservations at the Brooks Hotel the night of the rugby game and through the week up to St. Patrick's Day. Rooms were hard to find in Dublin and the Brooks was a fortunate find for us. The room was lovely with amenities such as heated mirror in the bathroom, great shower head with hot water, and comfortable bed (decor was lovely and understated as well). Because the hotel was booked, we were not able to get a room with view.
The staff were welcoming and helpful, even answering emailed questions before our arrival, and the environment was relaxing, elegant without pretense. All desk staff provided excellent service but Connor merits mention. He seemed to be everywhere and to show up just as needed; he could answer any question. He recommended a tour with Mary Gibbons that Lonely Planet also rated as high and gave us tips such as "take your own food as the cafeteria at site is expensive and food awful". He was right and we were prepared.
And the location was central to our activities, whether to catch Dart, shop around Grafton Street, visit "our" pub (Kehoe's), visit galleries, find restaurants. We would stay there again when visiting Dublin.

1 Thank mary l

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (345)
  • Hebrew first
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

My wife and I spent a week here from March 23 through March 30, 2013. This was our first non- chain/boutique hotel. I usually consider 'boutique' to equate to old. Well this hotel is old and does have its physical problems - had to run the shower for 30 minutes to get the water from scalding to warm, doors that had to be propped open, no heat. These were just hiccups in what was a very enjoyable stay. The staff was phenomenal - reservations, desk,concierge, and housekeeping. Room upon our arrival and during our stay was very clean. The mattress, unfortunately, was hard like a dried out sponge. The breakfast (included in my rate) was good with a small menu for ordering. Internet (included) was good to very good. The windows are soundproofed and I heard no street noise (the hotel is across from a parking garage and social club). But it's the location that really makes this hotel one I would return to. A mini mart and ATM/CashPoint around the corner, 5 minute walk to Hop On Hop Off Bus, Grafton Street, 10 minute walk to Temple Bar, less than 15 minutes to Trinity College and the Visitor Center on Suffolk. I would recommend this hotel for couples and people on business (EU members were there at the hotel during our stay).

Room Tip: Higher Floor
2 Thank John O
Winston Salem, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

Stayed here with my father while visiting my son at Trinity College & will absolutely stay here anytime we are in Dublin (they offer you a fabulous Pillow Selection form to choose what type of pillow you want them to provide). I almost rated it very good due to my room's (115) wifi was not very strong & the window faced a trash area (not a big deal if you close the curtains but it did have muffled noise at night from bottles being dumped into the bins). Wifi: If i stood near the door I could maybe get a signal. However, in all kudos to the staff (and why this place is excellent in my view) I did call and report this and they immediately came up to my room to see what was wrong and offered to move me to another room...I declined (I could use the wifi in my dads room if necessary) but if I had to rely on it I would have moved. Noise: muffled, very short duration but needed to note this. Excellent location, excellent, knowledgeable staff & very good breakfast selections. It is super clean, & my dad who is a little ocd even said how clean everything was in his room. His room was on the 5th floor and was large, comfortable and had great wifi. Other notes: My dad has a few mobility issues & his room did not have a shower. The tub is deep (with grab bars) & was not easy for him to step out of. If you like bubble baths it would be excellent!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank designer714
Beal Feirste
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

Back in Brooks once again. It's the staff and the central location that really make this our hotel of choice when in Dublin. We booked directly with the hotel and benefited from a weekend break deal - very well priced and breakfast was included. Restaurant was grand and service once again great. The front of house staff are always pleasant and helpful. Brooks Hotel is not flash nor gimmicky. It is a friendly boutique hotel in a really central location (and with a good value parking deal for the multi-storey across the road). Loads of pubs, cafes and restaurants within walking distance though didn't get to Fade Street Social so that'll have to be for our next visit!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Tel Aviv, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

This is an excellent hotel in a very good location, minutes from everywhere..
Everything works perfectly,
The staff could not be nicer.
The room was spotless clean, comfortable and had all the amenities you could desire.
Had dinner at the restaurant and the food was good a reasonably priced.
Would definitely stay again.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 30, 2013 via mobile

We stayed with our two year old child. From the moment we arrived, we were given a very warm welcome and looked after exceptionally well. The staff just could not do enough for us!
The room was very modern and clean. There was a great selection of quality food for breakfast. We ate dinner in the restaurant on one evening and it was so tasty and beautifully presented. Our waiter,
Noel, was very attentive.
The receptionists were very friendly and extremely helpful. We made several trips in taxis, all of which they organised. A special mention for Conor, the hotel concierge. He was very welcoming and always had a friendly word when we met!
The hotel is situated very close to a very large selection of restaurants, cafes and bars and just round the corner from St Stephens Green and Grafton St.
We will definitely return to Brooks Hotel!

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2013

We arrived in Dublin at 12 and the hotel helped us find a local restaurant (the Hairy Lemon) and took care of our bags. Plus they made a cup cake for our anniversary. They are an amazing place to stay and a cook walk to most attractions in Dublin. I would stay here again in we went to Dublin.

Room Tip: We overlooked the main street out front on floor 3.
1 Thank Victoria C