“"Little piece of heaven"”
Review of Brooks Hotel

Brooks Hotel
Ranked #11 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed February 21, 2013

Stayed in this beautiful hotel with friends and we had a blast !!! The deluxe rooms were just fab and I just loved the stand free radio,lovely touch.You get a "pillow menu",which is a great idea for people with allergies/ etc.. The breakfast was the best I have ever tasted and I compliment the chef-beautiful,freshly cooked food .What stood out for this hotel more than anything was all the staff we encountered-truely professional,friendly and always with a smile.We met a "Gem" of a concierge staff member,who showed us around the hotel - a wonderful,kind and informative gentleman and who was able to address us by our names the next morning....I highly commend this truely sparkling "Gem"....Indeed,this could be applied to all staff members -reception,waiting staff,bar staff....Well done to you all - you make Irish hospitality stand out !!!! The hotel is in an excellent, central location and I highly recommend this hotel for a visit. We shall be back !!!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Geraldine12345

Reviewed February 20, 2013

Having previously stayed at the brooks I thought I knew what I was getting. I was however left sadly disappointed. The room itself was adequate but nothing special. Several times the door was opened by cleaning staff even at odd times, I.e 5.45pm.
We chose to dine in the restaurant the first night of our stay and I can only describe it as a surreal experience! We were the only diners present and the waiter paced the floor like a manic basil fawlty. The meal was quite cold and inedible. When we left our half finished plates we were offered more dessert, even though we hadn't finished the first one. Breakfast the next morning was another experience! Having been seated for 9.20am and placed our orders for full Irish we waited, and waited! 40 minutes later we enquired about the breakfast and were told quite abruptly that there were ten people in front of us and that was the problem. The toasted arrived, burnt and went cold as the wait continued. More toast was produced as the eagerly anticipated 'fry' arrived. Burnt offerings would be a better description! Bacon cremated black, fried egg inedible, potato bread uncooked! Staff more interested in clearing away the buffet than addressing any queries. All in all a very disappointing stay in a hotel that portrays itself as a classy establishment!

Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Jbderry
GeneralManagerB, General Manager at Brooks Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 28, 2013

Dear jbderry
Thank you for your review which I was very disappointed to read in particular as you had a good experience previously at Brooks. My apologies that you were disturbed by the accommodation on a few occasions. We provide a turn down service in the evening and hence the call to your room at 5.45. I was surprised that your experience in Francesca’s Restaurant was not positive. Co-incidentally it was the same week that the restaurant received a very good review in a National newspaper. We receive excellent feedback from guests on the food standard as you will see from other reviews. We pride ourselves on using locally produced ingredients and are members of Good Food Ireland. Notwithstanding, I understand that you did not enjoy your meal and I am sorry that it was not up to our usual high standards. I regret we didn’t hear about your disappointment at the time as we would have replaced the meal. In addition it is clear that the food at breakfast was not up to standard. This should have been noticed by the team at the time. As I am sure you will appreciate cooking can go wrong from time to time and on this occasion clearly the food should not have been served. I am sorry that this was not handled better at the time. I note on departure you did pass on your dissatisfaction to the Manager on duty and on learning that you were not happy he reimbursed you for the meals. At the time he felt you were satisfied with this. I am sorry that you did not experience our normal high standards on this occasion and I truly hope you will return some day as I have every confidence that you will be impressed with our standards of food and service. I very much appreciate your feedback which we take seriously and will strive to ensure improvements are made.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
3  Thank Colin M
Reviewed February 18, 2013

very good hotel, great location. staff vey friendly and helpful, corridor is a little cramped, in summary a lovely hotel in a great location but expensive..... Bar is nice, cheap parking nearby. perfect for a short stay near city centre

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I stayed over in Brooks in January of this year. I have to say it was a very pleasant experience. The staff from the moment you checked in, to the moment you checked out were friendly, professional and very informative. The room was a twin room - very restful decor, not in your face colour schemes. The beds were lovely and comfy and i had a great night's sleep. I ordered breakfast to the room which was a great treat. Everything was very tasty and hot! All in all a great hotel for a city break.....close to everything and in a safe area

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 14, 2013

We booked this hotel for the three nights in Dublin. This was a perfect location for us as we were utilizing the HOHO for our Dublin sightseeing. The concerige at this hotel was terrific. Met us at the door and set down with us for our itinerary while in Dublin. He always had a hello for us in the morning and knew us by name. You could add a breakfast on per morning and we did that. It wasn't much and was very nice. I'd recommend this location.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Have stayed here at least 5 times since 2008 and never disappointed. Close to tourist attractions, excellent rooms and very good caring service. The concierge (Connor) is a delight to deal with, and nothing is too much trouble for him.

We will be back.

Room Tip: Try for top floor