“weekend in dublin”

Ranked #9 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Newry, United Kingdom
“weekend in dublin”
Reviewed March 15, 2012

A very comfortable hotel in the the centre of dublin - tricky to locate if you're driving ( one way system!!). Lovely staff, fabulous breakfast. The downside is the parking - only reduced rates from 5.30pm until noon the following day - quite expensive if you stay longer than this.

Room Tip: ask for a room at the back
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Eilish M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (357)
  • Hebrew first
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed March 8, 2012

This was one of the best Vacations. Thanks in much to the staff at the Brooks hotel. I could not have asked for better accommodations staff. We checked out several hotels prior to booking with the Brooks Hotel. We actually had reservations at a 5 star hotels that I cancel after calling and speaking with the Anne K., the receptionist. Anne was so warm and friendly that I felt as though we were going to visit family members. I traveled with 3 of my coworkers and we have no complaints. The hotel staff was absolutely wonderful ,from Anne(General Manager) coming out to personally welcome us, to the helpfulness of Martin and the restaurant staff. While I did not get to meet Cornell, his tips and behind the scene assistance with reserving a cab for our tours was truly appreciated. Yes, the rooms were not large rooms, my roommate and I found it provide enough space for us not to feel cramped and the rooms were kept spotless, with a wonderful nightly turn down treat.

The hotel is centrally located, within a few blocks we found restaurants, shops, bars, Trinity college, the books of Kells, and the HOP-On -Hop off bus.
If I am ever in Dublin again, the Brooks Hotel is where I would stay.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank BirthdayTravler
Lancaster, PA
Reviewed March 6, 2012

Brooks hotel was the perfect location, near temple bar and a short walk to pretty much everything. The room was exceptionally clean, loved the turn down service and the pillow menu!!! The best part of our stay was the staff. Connor and all the front desk people, everyone was warm and welcoming and made wonderful suggestions for where to eat and how to get there!!! There were great shops nearby and wonderful pubs to explore as well!!! Favorite was The Hairy Lemon next door!!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed March 5, 2012

We chose the Brooks Hotel primarily for the location and we were not disappointed. It is absolutely perfect in that regard, with its ultra-close proximity to pubs, restaurants, cafes, and shops -- and Grafton Street -- a shopper's dream. Although we had a warm welcome, as trans-Atlantic travelers we were completely exhausted and and more than a little disappointed to discover that our room was not ready (it was around 8 am) and wouldn't be until 1 pm! The prospect of waiting around until then was a little daunting when all one wants to do is lay down! We were, however, made relatively comfortable in the guests' private sitting room one floor below -- tea was brought which was welcome (no biscuits though!). We rallied, left our bags and took a leisurely dawdle around the area -- lots to see, even at that hour. Had a bite to eat and returned to find our room was ready a little earlier than projected -- thank goodness. The staff were very caring and kind. I guess this is must be an ongoing challenge for any European hotel with overseas visitors as check-in is almost always around 11 or later. Anyway, very pleasant room and exceptional service made up for this shortcoming -- not to mention one of the very best breakfasts I have ever enjoyed in a hotel. Very nice little bar area, too, with whisky nosings available!

Room Tip: Stellar location, very pleasant rooms.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
Fort Myers FL
Reviewed March 3, 2012

I'm only doing this review so long after my stay because I'm new to Trip Advisor. We love this hotel! The doorman Connor and front desk staff were wonderful, room was clean, and it's so close to our favorite pub, The Hairy Lemon. It was a great location for sightseeing on foot as well.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Devon C
Rosslare, Ireland
Reviewed February 23, 2012

on Valentines day last my husband treated me to an overnight stay taking in a play at the Gaiety Theatre Dublin. He booked a hotel close to the centre of things ,but on arrival I was not happy with it ,as we had a four hour wait to check in,and we were not allowed stay in the hotel and not even a chair in reception area. I took a stroll up the little street and came across Brooks Hotel ,went in for morning coffee. I was instantly at home and felt the warmth and friendly buzz and decided this is where I am going to stay. The receptionist Ann was so friendly and helpful and booked us into a lovely double room on the 6Th floor room 603, in fact we were upgraded. The hotel is so close to Grafton St Stephens Green Theatres restaurants ,Museums all walking distance ,which suited us as we are both retired and did not wand to drive in the city. The room had everything one would need, plenty of fresh towels and toiletries ,and the bed was really comfortable.. Breakfast was lovely and offered a wonderful choice the whiskey porridge with cream was a treat. I believe the hotel is going to get a new face lift which will even enhance it further, Please don't loose your old boutique charm , Its a pity the lovely residence lounge is in the basement it should be close to where the restaurant is I think ,to add to the ambiance. Look some of the reviews I read were picky if someone is looking for a luxury hotel with garden views etc then book into one of them outside city centre. Brooks hotel offers charm attention to customer;s needs good food relaxed atmosphere and everything on your doorstep I will definitely be back for a longer stay next time. Well done Brooks hotel

Room Tip: We found high floor great for a good nights sleep.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Eils31
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 21, 2012

This is the best hotel in Dublin. It's beautiful and the staff are wonderful. This place has old-fashioned values and the staff take customer service very serious. Everybody who works there will remember you when you return. I was stuck there during the volcano ash disaster, along with dozens of Americans and Canadians and all were so impressed by every aspect of the hotel. I stay there every time I visit Dublin and love being there. And the food's great too!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple