“Well I thought it was fine”
Review of Phoenix Park Hotel

Phoenix Park Hotel
Ranked #127 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I stayed here on my first week in Dublin and found the hotel very welcoming, very clean, and at least one of the staff(Liam) very entertaining - His one minute overview of what there is to see in Dublin should be put on stage as entertainment :-)

I was travelling on Business and due to only being able to book late ended up here a little way from my work base, however for tourists I would highly recommend as access to Phoenix Park and the City Centre is very easy.

The only 2 niggles I had was there is no in room Internet(However good speed wireless for free in the bar) and the resteraunt did not open while I was there(mid September) although there are 2 excellent pubs 50 feet around the corner

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Hoylakean
There are newer reviews for Phoenix Park Hotel

Reviewed October 16, 2013

We chose this hotel for it's proximity to Heuston Station as we had to be there quite early for a tour. The walls are paper thin so unless you're a heavy sleeper, do not count on a good night's sleep. We were told that the wifi worked in common areas but that wasn't the case. Most of the staff were wonderful with helping us out when we needed to look up information on line; although one day we needed to look up some travel information, couldn't get on line and asked for help, we thought that the woman at the desk who had agreed to help was looking things up but when we asked, she said she'd given up because the internet was so slow!

The rooms were quite clean, the location is alright, Phoenix Park is lovely and worth a visit.

Overall though, I found that the lack of wifi in the rooms, coupled with the poor sleep because of the noise level as well as the fact that you cannot avoid stairs; this hotel is over priced.

Room Tip: If you do decide to stay, make sure you stay on the 3rd (top floor); at least you won't hear you...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank GypsyGold
Reviewed October 13, 2013

I traveled to Dublin with a friend as she had an interview the following morning.
On arrival we could find nowhere close by to park our car. After finally getting some help from locals we went to check in. We arrived at the check in desk and were greeted by a visibly intoxicated gentleman. It then took us 10 minutes to get to our room as the girl showing us to our room didn't know where it was.
We decided that we would get some dinner in the hotel and have an early night as we had to be up early in the morning. We were told that we could not eat in the restaurant as it was closed. It was shortly after 7pm.
In the morning we woke up at 6am. my friend came out of the bathroom after 20 minutes........ NO HOT WATER!!! I went down to reception to be greeted by deafening music being blasted from the speakers, when I finally got the attention of the porter he told me that he didn't know what to do. I told him to find someone who did.
We eventually got a key to another room. I then left to drop my friend to her interview and returned to the hotel to get a shower myself. When I arrived at my room I noticed the door was open. There was a strange woman in the bathroom and I felt very unsettled. She introduced herself as the manager and said that she was just checking the shower. I found this an incredible intrusion in our privacy. She then proceeded to talk to me as if I was a five year old child. stating that the shower was tricky and the hot water isn't instant. If it was that simple, why couldn't the porter take care of this???
I was offered no apology whatsoever. I will never stay in this hotel again, the staff are rude, unhelpful and ill mannered. The room itself was fusty, basic and dirty. As for the food, I have no idea as the restaurant doesn't seem to function.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank hazelNorthernIreland
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Wonderful location next to dublins wonderful Phoenix park
My room was a bit noisy and wifi did not reach it and the price did not include breakfast
Staff were friendly though and the price reasonable so who cares ?
The running sensational !

Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Hi ,

I stayed here for 2 nights in June . Great hotel and was so cheap 79 euro for a double room although there was a concert in the city that night . Clean Rooms, nice food, nice staff and great price. I was a little put off by the picture on google maps but the reality was a great surprise . Just over the bridge from the train station and luas and great bars next door.

I will be booking this hotel again without any hesitation.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back off the street
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Stayed here recently, Found the rate very expensive, but as we were stuck for somewhere to stay we decided to pay the rate of €99.00 for one night & no breakfast, the owner of the business was on reception duty & to be honest the women has no personality what so ever for front of house, I have to say the hotel & rooms themselves were spotless.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Stayed for two nights recently.Had read some reviews before booking. Some were really bad while others were good. Decided to take a chance. Staff were friendly and very helpful. Room was cosy. Quiet even though facing busy street.Great shower- proper walk in one. Have stayed in 4 star hotels with showers over baths! Not the best when you are in your golden years. Also felt secure as you need your key card to enter residential section. Great location. A short walk to Houston station, Luas, Phoenix Park, Dublin Zoo and many more interesting places too .Pleasantly surprised and will stay there again

Room Tip: First floor and above are non smoking and quieter.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple