“Fantastic stay!”

Ranked #135 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Florence, Italy
“Fantastic stay!”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I stayed at this lovely hotel during St. Patricks day in March 2013. My friends and I had a wonderful experience; everything from the rooms, to the staff, to the food was spectacular. The rooms were quaint, the staff was extremely helpful and responsive and the bangers and mash was absolutely out of this world.

During my stay, I even had the luxury to meet the proprietor of the hotel. He was such a nice, well travelled and insightful man. He really helped make our St. Patricks weekend what it was. This hotel is a must.

Room Tip: Request a room on a higher floor, this way there is less street noise
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Polish first
Sligo, Ireland
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Really happy with our stay here! Stayed here for one night for a concert. Staff were very nice, they were able to give us our room early to accomodate our early arrival and allowed us to leave our bags there until we left the next day! The rooms are small but very clean, warm and the bed was very comfortable. Only 10 minute walk from Heuston station and the Luas line which brings you right into town. Breakfast was really good too. Only downside was the early check out and the slight smell of smoke in our non-smoking room.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 19, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for 2 nights (17th and 18th Nov) as it's right next to Phoenix park and my wife was running the marathon organised to replace the cancelled one in New York. The room, 330, was spacious, warm and beautifully decorated. The real plus point was the staff. They were friendly, polite and helpful. We asked the young man on reception to call us a cab to take us to the race start but he went one better and drove us in his own car!! You don't get that level of service much these days. A lovely hotel, great location and super staff, a big thank you to everyone at The Phoenix

• Stayed November 2012
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Booked this hotel as the pictures made the rooms look nice, and due to the recent refurbishment- however the room we received was stuck in the depths of the hotel, with no card reader, and no curtains on some of the windows. There was an overall lack of lighting in the room, by contrast, at night. The bathroom reeked of cigarettes, and was shabby, and the room itself was very unloved, with stains and rips on the bedclothes. Perhaps the other rooms that they have done-up are nicer, but they did not see fit to grant us one of those- I therefore find the pictures on their website to be very misleading. It is also an annoyance that you must wake a member of staff to get in at night.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank sweetsoph

Travelers are raving about these Dublin hotels

Okemos, Michigan, United States
Reviewed October 15, 2012

We spent three days at the Phoenix Park Hotel last week and had a wonderful time there. The location is great, with access to tours, the tram, and other points of interest. Moreover, the rooms were quiet, clean, and comfortable.

What really makes the hotel an excellent place to stay is the staff. Liam, Mary, James, and the others provided great service, friendly smiles, and good food.

I will stay at the Phoenix Par

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 5, 2012

It's my first time in Ireland so i was kind of shy, but people here are so friendly that right now i could stay here for another week if it was possible. Also i had to stay here for another night with no previous reservation and the guy at the reception desk worked hard to find me another room , and so he did, also he looked for my bagagge while i took s 2hour walk around Dublin. I guess that i haven't been treated like this ever, not even in my own country. Also i had the best breakfast of my life. A simple Thanks is just not enough. I'm gonna be back soon and i won't have to look for another place. I'm loving it.

• Stayed October 2012
Westport, Ireland
Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

I booked this hotel not knowing very much about it. When I read some of the reviews on here I thought it was going to be terrible, but it was all Ireland final wkend and too late to try and book something else. The hotel was only a couple of minutes away from the train station, our room was clean and bigger than expected, the lady on reception was brilliant (there should be one of her in every house), breakfast was great also. I paid €150 for two people and overall our stay was great, far better than expected.

• Stayed September 2012