“What a great hostel!!!”

Ranked #43 of 112 Specialty Lodging in Dublin
Moncton, Canada
“What a great hostel!!!”
Reviewed January 24, 2014

I stayed here at the beginning of my 5 week trip (3 nights) and at the end (one night). Both times were an awesome experience. The accommodations were awesome, clean, comfortable, and esthetically pleasing, as I stayed in an all girls room in the top portion of the hostel. There were skylights in that room which made it nicer! The breakfast was always hot and plentiful! It was my very first time in a hostel, and I must say, my expectations were highly exceeded. The price was really fair, they had a few pc's for our use, as well as a sitting room with TV, books, and every opportunity for a casual conversation with a fellow traveler. It's literally walking distance to all you'd want to see, or a short bus ride away. There's an awesome French restaurant, Le Bon Crubeen, about a 1 minute walk away with excellent salmon and wine! Wow, is all I can say, and I WILL stay there next time I'm there!

Room Tip: I had no idea what to choose, and it was random that I be upstairs. However, I did request an all g...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed December 9, 2013

Stayed in private room in hostel: Great service: I was greeted and shown where breakfast was served and how to get to my room right away. Friendly staff, security was top priority. Room was spacious and location was key (right near the spire) 10-15 min walk from Temple Bar and Trinity college. Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
DublinMurielO, Public Relations Manager at Globetrotters Tourist Hostel, responded to this review, December 24, 2013
Hi Alisa

Happy Christmas to you and all our Canadian friends, may we wish you a joyous and Happy 2014.

Thank you for your kind review of Globetrotters Tourist Hostel in Dublin City Centre. We offer clean comfortable rooms, Wi-Fi access, computer access area, lounge area, quiet Japanese Garden retreat, full Irish Breakfast when required, tourist information desk, daily national tours with Wild Rover Tours from our front door-step, personal service and informative staff and to top that, we have the best hostel rates in Dublin.

Gardiner Street Dublin is an accommodation hub in the heart of Dublin City Centre and offers comfortable rooms that are at least 30% cheaper than similar accommodation in Dublin. A number of professional accommodation providers have come together to offer visitors to Dublin comfortable rooms, personal service and great value for money and at this time of the year we reinvest in our product so that our guests enjoy real comfort and value. We also provide tourist information on Gardiner Street Dublin.com to help our guests get the most out of their visit and their hard earned money.

May we wish you, your family and friends a very Happy Christmas and a joyous 2014, and may we extend that wish to all our friends in Canada.

Please Like us on Facebook where we are presently running our annual Charity Event for Child Vision Ireland and Bonanza Christmas Draw…Shop Till You Drop this Christmas with €500 spending money and a stay in Dublin’s premiere accommodation…

Please make sure to BOOK DIRECT on Our website so that you may enjoy a FREE Full Irish Breakfast on your next visit.

As well as delivering on our own products and service we work closely with other businesses in the area to ensure that our area is welcoming and that our local attractions such as Custom House Quay, Samuel Beckett Bridge, Gardiner Street Church and so much more are enjoyed by our guests.

We really try hard to deliver on customer service, our location right in the heart of Dublin is a key selling point, however, we like to think that our dedicated Tourist Information Desk and experienced staff are equally important to our local and international guests.

As you will know we have day tours leaving from our doorstep each day to such wonderful places such as the Giants Causeway and Cliffs of Moher, you will be back before 9pm, in plenty of time to enjoy a pint in one of our local Traditional Irish Pubs.

Please make sure to BOOK DIRECT on our website to enjoy special offers and see gardinerstreetdublin.com to keep up to date with what is going on in Dublin and Our area in particular.

Please keep up to date with Dublin by visiting gardinerstreetdublin.com

Regards, Muriel O’Connor, Proprietor, Globetrotters Award Winning tourist Hostel and The Townhouse Dublin City Centre
Reviewed December 1, 2013

I stayed in an 8 room dorm with my three other friends - it was my first time staying in a hostel room with strangers and, needless to say, I was nervous. Luckily, the Globetrotters Tourist Hostel made that the only thing for me to be nervous about. The rooms were clean, charmingly decorated, and comfortable. The staff was absolutely fantastic - incredibly helpful, welcoming, and friendly! We didn't have the correct converters, so the management charged our phones at the front desk for us (per our request). The management also reserved a cab for our 5 am departure to the airport on Sunday - something I didn't expect a hostel to do for you! Our specific dorm had bunk beds and therefore did not have any drawers underneath, but drawers in an unlocked door in the bathroom. However, this is hostel living! You have to be smart and bring a lock for your bag and/or realize that there may be mean people living in your dorm who will take your stuff. If this will give you intense anxiety, don't go to a hostel, silly! Or, buy up the entire room. The Globetrotters Tourist Hostel should not be held accountable for any accidents regarding your personal belongings, anyway. The location was SUPERB! Incredibly accessible to the O'Connell street and easy to get to from the airport. My one complaint was the temperature inside the hostel, it was a bit cold in the bathroom in the mornings but for 15 euros, it's a pretty spectacular deal.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Hi Caroline S

May we wish you, your family and friends a very Happy Christmas and a joyous 2014, and may we extend that wish to all our friends in your part of the world.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed October 23, 2013

I stayed at Globletrotters twice. The first time for almost a week and the second time for two nights. The first time I didn't have any problems, but the second time my pyjamas went missing and the staff was very unhelpful. In the morning I left in a hurry and left my pyjamas under the blanket. When I came back late night it wasn't there anymore. I went to the reception to ask if they could help me - it might have been put on a "lost and found" or something, but the man said there was nothing he could do. I asked if I was supposed to sleep naked in a room full of men and he told me "sleep in my underwear" as if it wasn't about the same as sleeping naked. I had to sleep in my jeans. He told me to ask again in the morning to the "responsible people", that I suppose, were the cleaning ladies. He was very rude and it turned out it was on some kind of deposit where they take things they don't know who belong to. So simple! But the woman who I talked to in the morning was extremely rude and told me that they are not responsible for things left in the rooms. I believe that if they don't offer a locker they are indeed responsible for the things in the rooms.

Pros and cons:
The room where I stayed at the first time had a good space: a drawer (unfortunately, not possible to put a locker in it) and shelves. The second room only had the drawer.
There was no sockets in the first room, just a power cord coming from the corridor. In the second room there was four or five sockets, but just one working - both rooms were 10 or 12 beds.
The cleaning ladies were speaking loudly when I was still trying to sleep.
The showers were good, though for two times the water was really cold for a long while before it finally get too hot.
The kitchen is dirty and disorganized. If you need to cook, you might need to wash the dishes first. Besides de dishes, which are usually cleaned by the guests, the kitchen doesn't seem to be cleaned very frequently.
The beds are comfortable but the environment is not the best. Some of the drawers under the beds are broken and there was a hole in the wall near to my bed.
For the price, it's OK. I could recommend, but I hope you don't need help from the staff.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
DublinMurielO, Public Relations Manager at Globetrotters Tourist Hostel, responded to this review, October 31, 2013
Hi

I am disapointed with the tone and tenner of your opinion piece in relation to your 'stay' at Globetrotters Award Winning Tourist Hostel, we run a very clean, modern and well staffed hostel in Dublin City Centre, your comments about staff 'telling' you to sleep naked and such like is total and complete nonsense, we have full CCTV and audio at our front desk and we can find no such reference to such comments, at best, you have tried to turn something that was your fault into something unsavory, you should read our terms and conditions, which clearly state that your private property is your responsibility. Very disappointing opinion piece.

regards
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

This wasn't my first stay in this hostel, and I'm always very impressed by the quality of the premises. The beds are very comfortables, the rooms are very clean and if you book on hostelworld you can get a very good value. The breakfast is no longer included in the price but I think when you pay 12 euro for a room there's nothing wrong to pay an extra 5 euro for an Irish breakfast.

• Stayed October 2013
DublinMurielO, Public Relations Manager at Globetrotters Tourist Hostel, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Hi Clement V

Thank you for taking the time and effort to write a review of your stay at Globetrotters Tourist Hostel in Dublin City Centre. We look forward to your next stay and until then, safe travelling and God Bless.

We focus on providing comfortable rooms, informative front of house staff and value for your money. Please make sure to LIKE Our Facebook Page as we have a FREE Draw right now that could see you enjoy a stay with The Townhouse Dublin absolutely FREE.

I hope you have taken the time to enter our fabulous FREE Draw on Our Facebook page, this draw could see you enjoy a stay at the Townhouse in Dublin City Centre absolutely free.

Please keep up to date with Dublin by visiting gardinerstreetdublin.com

Regards, Muriel O’Connor, Proprietor, Globetrotters Tourist Hostel and The Townhouse Dublin City Centre
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 26, 2013

The staff were helpful and friendly, but the hostel lacked any atmosphere. The room was clean but there wasn't much space to put your things. The "free wi-fi" didn't work on mine or my friend's phones which wasn't helpful, and my friend's light was broken. It was quite cheap but also my least favourite of all the hostels we stayed in. Fine for one night, but I wouldn't stay there for more than that. It was also a hassle having to lug suitcases up lots of stairs to get to our room. I'm sure that other people would feel differently about it to me- I just happen to prefer more "homey" hostels. I'm sure this would be a great location for those looking to go for a night on the town- not for those looking for a cosy night in.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
DublinMurielO, Public Relations Manager at Globetrotters Tourist Hostel, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Hi Dawn F

Thank you for taking the time and effort to write a review of your stay at Globetrotters Award Winning Hostel in Dublin, we are central, we are value for money and we deliver the best Irish Breakfast in Dublin.

We focus on providing comfortable rooms, informative front of house staff and value for your money. Please make sure to LIKE Our Facebook Page as we have a FREE Draw right now that could see you enjoy a stay with The Townhouse Hotel absolutely FREE.

We are only a few minutes’ walk from Temple Bar and our accommodation prices are about 20% cheaper. If you are planning a Christmas Party in 2013 please stay in our comfortable, central location.

I hope you have taken the time to enter our fabulous FREE Draw on Our Facebook page, this draw could see you enjoy a stay at the Townhouse Hotel in Dublin City Centre absolutely free.

Please keep up to date with Dublin by visiting gardinerstreetdublin.com

Regards, Muriel O’Connor, Proprietor, Globetrotters Award Winning Tourist Hostel and The Townhouse Hotel Dublin City Centre
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

Please don't stay here! There are so many great hostels in Dublin- I would recommend the Generator ( which was sold out on my second trip to Dublin. The top bunk in my room had about a foot between the bunk a beam over you head and the ceiling was probably only a foot higher! The "lockers" we're not lockers as you couldn't lock your padlock onto anything- just a small drawer. No breakfast, and te attitude of the staff was the worst tht I have had.

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Adam A
DublinMurielO, Public Relations Manager at Globetrotters Tourist Hostel, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Hi Adam A

We do not offer a FREE Full Irish Breakfast with our €12 beds.