“Excellent hostel, friendly staff.”

Globetrotters Tourist Hostel
Ranked #43 of 112 Specialty Lodging in Dublin
Dublin, Ireland
“Excellent hostel, friendly staff.”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Iv stayed in quite a few hostels in dublin city while im studying for my degree, and by far the most satisfying has been my stays in globetrotters, highly reccomend best hostel in dublin!! Close to everything in the city and from a tourist perspective great for meeting people and organising trips around ireland.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
DublinMurielO, Public Relations Manager at Globetrotters Tourist Hostel, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
Hi Paddy B

Thank you for taking the time to offer an opinion on your stay at Globetrotters Tourist Hostel here in Dublin City Centre, as you will have seen we are doing everything possible to make the guest experience the best that it can be, we have provided a unique Tourist Information desk for out Globetrotters so that you can spend more time on enjoying yourself as we help with pointing you in the right direction, we now have daily tours leaving our front door to places such as Cliffs of Moher, Giants Causeway and so forth, with Wild Rover Tours.

Globetrotters Hostel is a city centre Hostel, we have an open plan dining room where you can enjoy your breakfast, and we have a specially designed Japanese Garden where you can relax with friends or simply sit back and read a book and enjoy a coffee. We have provided a Tourist Information Desk for guest convenience, We have teamed up with Wild Rover Tours to offer tours from our doorstep to some of Ireland’s most magnificent cultural sites, we have provided FREE Wi-Fi and computer access, we cater for individual Globetrotters or groups and school tour packages, we have provided a tour guide on our own website pointing guests in the direction of many attractions in Dublin that are FREE of charge, we can arrange exclusive use of our specially designed dorms for your party event, Stag and Hen Party, Birthday Party, or night out in the city.

We provide clean comfortable accommodation, we provide city centre accommodation, and we provide FREE Wi-Fi, FREE Tourist information, always BOOK DIRECT on Our Website and LIKE us on Facebook to stay up to date with special offers and FREE Draws.

See also, gardinerstreetdublin.com to keep up to date with what is going on in Dublin and beautiful walks that can be enjoyed from outside our front door.

Muriel O’Connor, Globetrotters Hostel, Dublin, IRELAND

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
dublin
Reviewed April 15, 2013

I stayed there 9 nights. The staff was really helpful. The dorm rooms are tidy and clean and big, so you have a bit more privacy than in other hostels. There are also public comupters for free use. Globetrotters is located perfectly for reaching all important points in Dublin. I definitely recommend it.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
DublinMurielO, Public Relations Manager at Globetrotters Tourist Hostel, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Hi Manu-G

Thank you for taking the time to offer an opinion on your stay at Globetrotters Tourist Hostel here in Dublin City Centre, as you will have seen we are doing everything possible to make the guest experience the best that it can be, we have provided a unique Tourist Information desk for out Globetrotters so that you can spend more time on enjoying yourself as we help with pointing you in the right direction, we now have daily tours leaving our front door to places such as Cliffs of Moher, Giants Causeway and so forth.

Reviewed April 15, 2013

I have been in this hostel for more or less one month. Before I stayed in other two or trhee hostel. But for me this is the best. Inside is beautiful, not like the other hostel, but more like a hotel. About the staff, I whit my friend, know just few person really good, like David is very friendly and helpful. Sometimes the other people in the reception are not very availables. the only bad thing about the hostel is that there are few outlets in the room, the light turns on and off automatically, and that sometimes the women of cleaning are disrespectful, but is their job. for the rest is pretty clean, more than secure, and better than other hostels.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Hi 186605LeanS

Reviewed April 15, 2013

Hmm, to be honest, I visited a few hostels before and choose this one to my main. I usually stay in dorm. Not all is excellent, but its really close to be the best. Its few things, which is important for me in hostels. First price- in week standard 10 euro, last times in the same day price dropped to 7-8 euro. In weekend is something like 12 to 15 euro. Is te one of the lowest price for hostel. 2nd Bathrooms - shower works good, always you have hot water (in 2 places when i stayed, shower isnt working or had only cold water! ). 3rd kitchen - self catering kitchen is useful, but the one thing which most surprise me was breakfast - full of things, you can give what you want -eggs, sausages, chicken nuggets or something like tat and more, more things.4th Internet - Wi-FI in standard and it worked in room (oh in 70% hostels only working on lobby) plus free access to computers! 5th Atmosphere - good atmosphere, clean, nice people, garden! where you can smoke in day... Reccomended.

Room Tip: Buy breakfast voucher - its really good deal!
Hi Artur-Homa

Reviewed April 13, 2013

Most of the rooms have little or no power outlets, there's no where to lock up valuables withing the rooms, the washing machine is expensive and is likely to just take your money and do very little else. And the staff are rude and useless. Don't waste your money here!

• Stayed April 2013
DublinMurielO, Public Relations Manager at Globetrotters Tourist Hostel, responded to this review, April 14, 2013
Hi ekul79

Thank you for taking the time and effort to write an opinion piece on Globetrotters Tourist Hostel here in Dublin City Centre, “Don’t waste your money here”, we have bed rates of €12, “rubbish service”, we have won major awards for our Hostel in 2012, “Rude Staff”, I find that particularly interesting as our front of house staff are probably the most highly qualified, experienced and trained in Dublin, however, you are entitled to your opinion and we respect that, we would really have liked you to tell us what you get for €12 in other Hostels as we are constantly improving our guest experience, we provide comfortable accommodation, personal service and so much more.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 7, 2012

staff / service
- no organization at all
- my reservation was not in their system
- woken by housekeeping (I mean not only that they did their job when I was asleep - which would be ok in a hostel; I mean: "Hello -hello- hello... you must go to the reception - I have on my list you are checking out today")
- NO APOLOGIES for these inconvenience (in more detail below)
- in stead receptionist scolding me and saying I should stay until his colleque arrives for his shift
- hassled by receptionist (in more detail below)
- in the second night (early in the morning) confusion in the room because one bed was double-booked
(in more detail below)

facilities:
- one bathroom for 10 people
- room is advertised as 8 bed room but is in fact a 10 bed room
- mouldy bathroom
- housekeeping doesn't vacuum the rooms
- bathroom / "kitchenette" still dirty after housekeeping (lemon in the sink for entire stay)
- ridiculous electric installation (couldn't find light when I entered the room)
- broken bed lamp - so no light to read in the evening
- wifi breaks down every few minutes
- shower doesn't keep one temperature (hot - cold - hot - cold)
- little room with a sink but no fridge or microwave or anything - what is this supposed to be? A kitchenette???
- some of the drawers under the bed with device for attaching a lock are so broken that padlock slips through it
- many things broken (pedal bin in "kitchenette" had to be opened by hand - disgusting as smudgy with waste, hangers for jackets broken,...)
- on arrival dirty bag on my bed (ok not hostels fault but I've seen in other places signs which remind the guests not to do that)
- paper thin walls (you hear everything)
- old, wooden creaky bunk beds (if in the lower bed you wake up when the person above turns around)

I had booked on a common booking website AND emailed them about my arrival as I arrived later than their usual check-in time and so it was recommended by the online booking portal to contact the hostel. Though I got a reply by the hostel confirming my arrival time, on arrival I was told they didn't have my reservation in the system. The receptionist seemed to have no clue what to do. He asked me several times which website I had booked on and asked me several times for a specific website (which I had told him by the first time it wasn't the one I had booked with). He had no clue about the price and asked me if I could tell him the rate on my booking confirmation.
Then he took my payment by credit card (they take the card with them to the next room where they run another reception for a guesthouse or something like that so you can't really see what they are doing with your card - dodgy!!!) and when I checked it it said just the amount for one night. I told him that I had booked two nights and wanted to stay two nights. He told me I should pay the second night the next day as there was another rate applicable.

The next morning (as mentioned in the bullet points above) I got because of that woken by the housekeeping! I was in Dublin for a concert on Saturday and wanted to sleep late on Sunday but I was startled by a screaming housekeeping lady. I went down to the reception desk to sort that out and the receptionist DIDN'T APOLOGISE for the issue. No he even blamed me for causing this issue by not paying in advance the evening before for both nights. (sorry but if the college tells me I should pay separately each day I think it'll be ok)
Furthermore he started to SCOLD ME for my (I think understandable) bad mood and told me I should complain to his colleague who checked me in (he even asked me to wait for the colleague to arrive to his shift in the afternoon!!!)
After finally sorting out that I could stay and with which rate I went to the room to get my credit card. Again downstairs he told me he needed the room key to arrange one more night. So I went to get the key. Once again downstairs he told me he needed this paper card with my guest details as well. I was just staring at him as I couldn't believe it. Then he said to me "Do you like running the stairs up and down?"
Seriously I I hadn't had no desire to look because of one night for another accommodation I would have left straight away. How insolent!!! What part of his job did he not get? Not apologising is one thing (and really rude considering I am the guest - the customer) but hassling a guest???

In the second night the double-booked the bed above me so there was load confusion in the middle of the night despite one of the girls went down to reception earlier and asked as we assumed this issue because of I had met the other girl earlier.

So... overall: If there are no vacancies in any other accommodation in Dublin you can consider staying there (better than one night homeless) but you definitely deserve better! (And by the way the price was quite high for this crappy experience...

Room Tip: try to get one of the upper beds - so you maybe can sleep without waking from the creaking bed.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank colibri-on-tour
DublinMurielO, Public Relations Manager at Globetrotters Tourist Hostel, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Hi Colibri

Thank you for taking the time and effort to write an opinion piece in relation to your stay at Globetrotters Hostel City Centre Tourist Accommodation Dublin Ireland. As you will have seen from your stay, we have gone to great lengths to make our products and services the very best in Dublin, we have provided for your convenience a Tourist Information Desk which is manned 24/7 by informative staff, we have provided FREE Wi-Fi and Computer Zone, we have provided a nice relaxing lounge area and other rooms for socialising with friends, however, we do realise that our products and services need to be constantly updated and reviewed and that is why we say Thank you for taking the time to offer a comprehensive opinion piece on your stay at Globetrotters Tourist Hostel Dublin City Centre Ireland. Please make sure to Book Direct on Our website and LIKE us on Facebook to stay up to date with our FREE draws and Special Offers for your next visit.

Reviewed November 2, 2012 via mobile

Considering the higher price and great reviews here, i was expecting a nice stay at globetrotters. But... Not so much. This place has skimped on providing some very important amenities.. Im not sure if they are trying to cut costs or what, but it really left a sour taste in my mouth.

There is not a single outlet in the dorms. Wifi doesnt work in the rooms. And the worst thing are the lights - guests have no control over them and they dont go out until after 11pm! And if you arrive back late or need to go to the bathroom... Sorry, too bad for you. They also snap back on bright and early so if you are looking for a sleep in you are out or luck. The walls and floors are paper thin so expect to hear everything. One bathroom for 8-10 people as well. No lockers to keep your stuff, just some broken drawers beneath your bed.

This place is clean, the beds are comfy enough and breakfast is included but its
Just not worth the price. We found a much cheaper one down the road that provided much better than this place.

• Stayed November 2012