“Excellent location and friendly staff"”
Review of Inn on the Liffey

and 1 more site!
Inn on the Liffey
Ranked #43 of 150 Dublin B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 20, 2010

Stayed for a few days in August and found the location very good, close to the main attractions in Dublin and easy to get transport to the airport.
The staff were extremely friendly and it made my stay even better.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank BinhoSp

Reviewed September 12, 2010

The location was fantastic! It was clean and the bed was comfortable. I am quite particular about Hotels in general and will pay the money for a nice hotel with good service. The bell boy (man)| who helped my boyfriend and I with our luggage was always at our service. He called me by name when he was me and was always asking if he could do anything for us. The location was perfect. I would stay there again and again.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gandelop
Reviewed October 4, 2009

The room and equipment were in line with what is expected for a "low-budget" accomodation. The breakfast was very good, and the service at the breakfast was very kind and helpful. All the staff was very friendly and they made the accomodation a wonderful place to stay in.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed April 12, 2009

I had an inexpensive (small) economy room ensuite. But with breakfast and sauna priveleges included it was a great value for the money. The breakfast attendant cooked breakfast to order, everything included. I even asked for my eggs w/o yolks and was accomodated. No lift!

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled solo
3  Thank lauderdaddy
Reviewed September 24, 2008

Had one of the worst hotel experiences of my life. Room was small (which would have been OK, if not for everything else). Bathroom was miniscule, couldn't even turn around in the shower. Sink faucet dripped and the hot water was so hot it literally burned our hands. Faucet was timed, so you couldn't even turn the hot water off for about 4 minutes once it was turned on.

To add to that, the person in the room next door played loud music all night, no matter how often I went over and asked him to turn it down. Although I wouldn't normally consider a rude patron to be the problem of the hotel, the failure of the hotel to do anything about it is definitely an issue. The front desk was completely useless.

Never went to the sauna, but I this isn't the type of place 'nice people' would want to stay. Stay elsewhere, even if it costs significantly more.

• Stayed: December 2007
4  Thank PHX_Travel_Guys
Reviewed September 3, 2008

I don't usually post reviews of where I stayed but this wasn't a good experience.

I arrived late in the evening. The clerk was very nice but the room wasn't easy to find and the hallway dark. After climbing 5 flights of steps a few times to ask about the location and to let him know I couldn't find a light switch the clerk came with me to turn on the hall light and provide me access to the room. The rooms are secured with a combination lock and the hallway lighting is so poor it's hard to see the lock to enter the combination.

The outlet on the wall was broken and it wasn't the best accomodations. The rooms are offered with free wifi but the 3rd floor doesn't reach the wifi service. I asked the clerk the next day and he said I could come to the lobby or 2nd floor for wifi but I wanted it in my room. I moved to 2nd floor but there was an extra charge of 25 euro per night for the room.

There are no phones to use here either. The one in the hallway doesn't work so you have to search for a payphone outside.

Location is very good right on the Liffey and the morning staff and breakfast was very nice. I have nothing against the staff at all but the room accomodations need some TLC and attention. Also - the locks need to be changed and I suspect they don' t change the combinations so someone who previously stayed here might know how to access the room.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank mlbrownsf
Reviewed July 29, 2008

I was somewhat shocked to see that the pictures on their business cards had no connection with the look of the building at all. (See PIctures)

I did feel a bit uncomfortable coming out of a door which had a sign "DOCK SAUNA" and a picture of a sailor on it every morning.

Its a small black signed building opposite a very busy main road, which you have no chance of crossing in rush our or sleeping near if your in the front rooms.

The way into the hotel (in loose terms) is through the shared entrance with "The Dock Sauna" this leads you in to a small waiting room with a hatch where you cant then book in .

The staff were ok but were not Irish..(Dont ask where, I have no idea) I cancelled one of the rooms weeks before but it was still booked to me...I was going to be charged for it but had the foresight to take the guys name , who had now left !.

The rooms are small...and was found to be reasonably clean, the shower/toilet area was "Old and Tired" as is most of the building..

Hot water was hit and miss..and the time taken for the Shower /Sink to empty was excessive over 3 minuites!

Breakfast is served on the 2nd floor at 2 tables..one seats 4 and the other about 8, so if its busy you would have to share or wait.

The lady who cooked breakfast on the first day was very nice and so was the guy on the second..

>>As for the sauna .I was intriged........its got to be the worst one ive ever been in.....DONT DO IT unless you are over 70 ...or near death.

Saying that...this was just somewhere to sleep and it was very Cheap ....if there is no where else....and i mean nowhere ....and money is tight.....you wont get cheaper than this...

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)