“Great Location, Small rooms”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Inn on the Liffey

and 1 more site!
Inn on the Liffey
Ranked #60 of 162 Dublin B&B and Inns
Monaghan
“Great Location, Small rooms”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2013

I stayed here on two different occasions, I believe I got a better room on the second occasion. The location is perfect right smack bang in the middle of the city center. The rooms had everything you would need for a short stay. The view over the liffey was nice. The shower cubicle was extremely small in both rooms, and quite difficult to regulate the temperature of the shower. They appear to be renovating the hallways at the moment so there is a smell of paint. one of the bulbs didn't work in one of the bed side lamps. The Breakfast was not great, but was serviceable, I felt the whole thing was microwaved, and tough.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank thesphinx23

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

I read many of the reviews of the inn and really wondered. I am not sure what standards some of the other reviewers used but this place is fine.
The staff are great - very accommodating and helpful.
The inn while older is fine. The rooms are fine, too. Very clean and comfortable, maybe not the size of a Hilton-type room....but am I paying for space I don't use or for what I need to be comfortable.
It is a close walk to most of the sights of Dublin.
The full Irish breakfast is great, and included in the price.
I say the Inn is worth consideration and I would definitely stay here again.

5 Thank hrdmapl
İstanbul, Türkiye
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

Very nice and friendly staff. Location of the hotel is very good right in the center of the city. Rooms are clean and comfortable. Breakfast was quite rich.
The only downside is there is no lift so you have to climb so many stairs with your suitcase.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Blitzistanbul
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

My first time at the inn was made very pleasant by the friendly staff. The rooms are small but very clean and well kept. This was the last week in august and as I had two different bookings over the course of a week I had a double room for the first part and a single for the second. Both were fine. If you can request a room at the back it would be best as the front room had street noise from the open window. The full buffet breakfast was very good with a wide choice of food. Location is excellent as it is right across the river from Temple Bar where you spend the evening. It is close to all major sights. A good budget hotel.

Room Tip: Away from street is best
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank singlevoyager
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013 via mobile

I am a crossdresser and I am shocked at one of your reviews from some American.I visit this B&B often as I can express my self.
I find it upsetting that some bloody Yank can criticise CDs and even goes on to say it is all old people who frequent the sauna.
I must remind this guy that according to Irish law it is forbidden to discriminate on age and rightly so.
I stay there maybe 3 times a year and have been for 10 years or so when I am in Dublin.He goes on to criticise the colour of the rooms.
What a plonker for if he pays what I do 65€ what does he want the Ritz?
I have always found staff friendly and helpful the place clean and a brilliant breakfast with free Wifi and all in the heart of Dublin.
There is no way of pleasing some some people and all for 60 or so Euro,and I think people who discriminate on age and cross dressing should not be welcome in this establishment.
I bet the staff are glad to see the back of him not so long ago people thought the way he now thinks about Gay people

Disgusted

• Stayed May 2012
8 Thank Hungarianlilly
Huddersfield
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

Have stayed at Inn on the Liffey many times over last 10yrs. My latest was a 4 night stay in March 2013.
I have never before written a review, but I am so annoyed to see the unfair negative reviews on this site, that I have been moved to present my views.
The en-suite room was warm, clean, nicely decorated and pleasantly furnished.
Staff are friendly and helpful, and breakfast is superb. Dining room warm and pleasant.
Only negative is the gay sauna (free admission) which is past its sell-by - but like gay saunas the world over, if you hit the right time, you can have horny encounters ... or maybe you'd rather pay 23 euros to go to the BoilerHouse sauna, or 10 euros to sex shop cinema, where you're still not guaranteed to 'score'.

Room Tip: Tell the staff what you want from your stay - they will advise an appropriate room
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Keith D
Saint Louis, Missouri
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

I booked 6 days in this guesthouse. I chose it due to the website, however I did not see anything that was posted on the website. My stay was late Jan 2013, There is little or no heat for most of the day. My room was COLD. The breakfast was good but there was no heat in the dining room. My shower was disgusting it had BLACK MOLD and alot of it. Not sure why the decorator painted everything PINK. Now the Sauna, what a miserable place. the steam room was noted by request only. the clientele was senior citizen not to mention the drag queens that we in the sauna. Overall on a scale of 1-10 it gets a -2.

Room Tip: Book another location, I got an email from the Owner and he said it was a 3-5 Star location, NOT EVE...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank 706RobertC706

Travelers are raving about these Dublin hotels