“Value for Money”
Review of Inn on the Liffey

Inn on the Liffey
Ranked #46 of 149 Dublin B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 19, 2012

I read with my friends the review immediately prior to me writing this review, and to say we were apprehensive is an understatement. I am more than happy to report that we found this Bed and Breakfast extremely good value for money. We tried to book into the Morrison Hotel further down the quay, but the price was far too expensive for our respective budgets. We individually found the staff pleasant, and the rooms in which I stayed, all en-suite, clean and tidy. So much so that we intended booking in for 2 nights, but ended up staying for 5 nights in total. The B & B is well located, right on the river Liffey, and is within 5 minutes walk to all the main attractions and city center. There was a choice of cooked or continental breakfast included in the €50 per night which we each paid. I certainly would be happy to return to stay at Inn on the Liffey if I visit Dublin again, and my buddies agree with me.

Room Tip: My friends and I stayed in separate rooms, but there is an apartment, which we were shown, which wou...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank FromNottingham

Reviewed July 27, 2011

Say it about this hell hole. Whilst not filthy & bed bug free it is tired and rather depressing. There's an awful smell ( despair?) & all rooms are smoking, the breakfast room was nice enough but only ate there once. Staff were ok to pretty genuine and local was great to enjoy Dublin and you wanted to stay out of this place as long as possible. The attached sauna was as dire as it's clients. In short AVOID.

• Stayed: July 2011
5  Thank joancollins69
Reviewed June 14, 2011

Well I stayed in the apartment and yes it is above a gay sauna but that really was fine.. The sauna itself is terrible don't even bother... Having said that my apartment was fine for a cheap three night stay and I would recommend it.. Good location and generally nice. The worst part was the shower which is very average...

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
4  Thank beno77
Reviewed April 18, 2011

This is a guest house for gay men only and basically the place was very dirty. We had a spacious one bedroom apartment that could be wonderful. However, I spent two hours the first day cleaning the kitchen before I felt I could use anything in it. The bedroom and bathroom were very dimly lit. Maybe they thought if the lights were dim you wouldn't notice how dirty it was. The bathroom was not clean, the area rugs in the living room and bedroom had never been vacuumed. There was no housekeeping service during our stay. We got fresh towels at the front desk. After three days we had to ask them to come and take out the trash.

The place could be wonderful. Our room was large with a nice view of the Liffey River. We had a separate bedroom at the back of the apartment that was quiet. The apartment has a washing machine which was a big help as we stayed several days. The location is good and the staff is very nice and helpful. The breakfast was OK and the gentleman working in the breakfast room was very pleasant. The big problem is that the place is not clean.

Room Tip: Rooms in the front can be noisy
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Islandguy808
Reviewed September 30, 2010

I stayed there a couple of weeks ago and found this guest house,note not a hotel but guest house pretty pleasent,the staff where polite and helpfull and the location was superb.I must say I stayed there a few years ago and I think it is much cleaner and much better managed.I must say I found finding the room a little difficult and the code a little difficult.The price was good as I could access the Sauna as often as I like for free.The black guy I think his name is Ray was very pleasent in the breakfast room.I was reading some of the reviews and I could not believe how harsh they where and unjustified.I am told the Guesthouse is going 15 years,thats prooves they must be doing something right.Some people are just never happy,maybe they didnt meet nice talent..Well done lads you are doing a good job and Rayin the kitchen hope to see you soon.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 20, 2010

Stayed for a few days in August and found the location very good, close to the main attractions in Dublin and easy to get transport to the airport.
The staff were extremely friendly and it made my stay even better.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank BinhoSp
Reviewed September 12, 2010

The location was fantastic! It was clean and the bed was comfortable. I am quite particular about Hotels in general and will pay the money for a nice hotel with good service. The bell boy (man)| who helped my boyfriend and I with our luggage was always at our service. He called me by name when he was me and was always asking if he could do anything for us. The location was perfect. I would stay there again and again.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple