The Morrison, a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel
Drury Court Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
$280
$233
$192
  • Restaurant
Hotel Riu Plaza The Gresham Dublin(Dublin)(Great Value!)
$261
$141
$137
Orbitz.com
2,684 results
All reviewsacross the riverwarm cookiestemple bargreat locationdouble treemodern hoteljunior suitewithin walking distanceexcellent hoteltrinity collegewould definitely stay here againstreet noisedublin castleguinness storehousewould highly recommend this hotelcentral locationo'connell street
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 5, 2014

We stayed here for three nights in mid april. Location of the hotel is perfect both for shopping, and Temple Bar area just across the bridge. Shopping areas within a couple of minutes walk.

Great breakfast here, one of the best. You can choose both from buffeet and fixed menu. Also have freshly squeezed orange juice.

Would try also reccomend trying the in-house restaurant, the Morrison Grill. Excellent service and great food! We tried the duck one evening and burger and beef the other evening.

Reception staff is very serviceminded and welcoming.

The room was of good size and well equipped. Bathroom was also very nice.

Ask for a room away from the mainroad, then you won't notice any trafficnoise.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the main street
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jdjd74
Reviewed June 5, 2014

This hotel is in a great location for walking to everything in Dublin. We arrived in the morning from our overnight flight from the US. We knew we probably would not be able to check in, but we were able to drop our luggage. We were offered a cup of coffee when we asked where the closest place was to get one. It's right across the river from the Temple Bar area, close to catch the hop of/off bus, and the staff is very helpful.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
MarionOC13, Guest Relations Manager at The Morrison, a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2014

Dear MeraldaSue,

Thank you very much for your review of the Morrison Hotel. I am so glad you enjoyed your stay with us.
I was delighted to see that the location was convenient for your needs and that you found the staff to be helpful.

I do hope to welcome you back very soon,

Kindest Regards,

Marion O Connor

Reviewed June 4, 2014

Staff was very courteous and helpful. Location great, and an easy walk to Temple Bar area, which is why we selected this Hilton location. We don't care for contemporary styling, but all the other positive overcame this. Would likely stay at this Hilton location again.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Reviewed June 3, 2014

I stay at the Morrison for one night and it was great. The room are clean and comfortable. The staff is nice and Helpful and the restaurant situated in the lobby has great food.
The location is very convenient in the center of the city.
My only complain is that one more time, if you need to catch a plane early in the morning, you can not have breakfast., But seems that to be very common all over the world.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Geap64

Dear Geap64,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post about your stay with us at The Morrison Hotel, We appreciate your feedback.

I was delighted to read that you found the staff to be helpful and that you enjoyed your meal in our Morrison Grill restaurant. Regarding breakfast, we are now offering tea/ coffee and pastries at reception from 5am until 7am when the breakfast room opens to accommodate our early risers and departures. If you are leaving before this please do not hesitate to ask our front desk team to organise a takeaway breakfast for you consisting of hot beverage, orange juice, fruit and pastries. I do hope that you will visit us again soon and be able to avail of this,

Kind Regards,

Marion O Connor

Reviewed June 3, 2014

If you read any of these reviews you'll see, stylistically, people seem to either love it or hate it. While the decor isn't my personal taste, I'd hardly knock the place for it. It's newly renovated, clean and if anything, minimalistic -- I'm okay with all of those things!

A previous reviewer complained about the colored lights. I get what they were trying to achieve here and I'm sure it's not for everyone. If you're not feeling it… don't worry, you don't have to have them on. They're also not "neon" lights. It's a regular white light behind a frosted colored glass.

Another knock was on the fact you had to have the keycard in a little slot by the door in order to keep the lights on, otherwise they shut off. Sure, I've never seen this in a hotel before and it was a little strange for me to get used to… but we did. And guess what? We ALWAYS knew where our keycard would be before we left the hotel room to sight-see. We didn't have to worry about where we set it down. That right there trumps any little inconvenience of having to "plug it in."

As for our personal experience with the rest of the hotel, we arrived around 8 am our first day. Our room was ready to go and we were able to go right upstairs and drop our bags. Since it's a DoubleTree hotel, we also were given two warm, gooey cookies which, breakfast worthy or not, hit the spot after a long red-eye flight.

Our room was a good size, quiet, clean and with a view of the river from the side street (you had to look diagonally). Really my only complaint about the room itself is that the window was on the small side. But, it's an old building and let's be real, did I really spend much time in my room looking out the window? No, I spent my time out exploring Dublin and having way too much fun!

Just a quick list of perks for those who are skimming:
- Warm cookies!
- Free internet
- Great location
- Nice fitness room
- Clean & new
- Entrance is on the side of the building (not facing the river)