“Christmas party”

Ranked #8 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Dublin, Ireland
“Christmas party”
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Had our Christmas party there this year. Well impressed. Music on entry, plenty of food. And to the chef that invented the Christmas pudding ice cream - hats off. Only thing that was slightly annoying, at 1:30 on the dot the music stopped and the bar closed...bit early!!!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Andy P
MarionOC13, Guest Relations Manager at The Morrison, a DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, responded to this review, December 14, 2013
Dear Andy P,

Many thanks for your review of your Christmas party held at The Morrison Hotel recently. I was delighted to see that you enjoyed the event. I will pass on your compliments to the chef regarding the Christmas pudding ice cream as I am sure he will be very happy to hear, I will also pass on to all staff involved in the organising of the function as we strive as team to provide a great customer experience.

With regards to the music finishing at 1:30, unfortunatly due to licencing laws we are unable to extend this time however I do hope this did not affect your experience and I do hope to welcome you back in the future.

Kindest Regards and Happy Christmas,

Marion O Connor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (333)
  • Polish first
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed December 6, 2013

Recently stayed four nights at The Morrison in late November/early December 2013. I must admit that my expectations were exceeded by this hotel. The greatest strength of this hotel is the location. It is located along the River Liffey across from Temple Bar. There are many different restaurants and pubs all within a five minute walk. Transit is also easily accessible with the Luas stop just a minute away. Along with the location the accommodations were terrific. We stayed in a Jr. Suite with a King Bed. The design of the room was incredibly unique and comfortable. We were on the first floor and didn't hear any noise from the street level. We were in the back of the property along a non-busy street. If you can request this location, I would certainly recommend it. Finally, every staff member we encountered was incredibly friendly, efficient and welcoming. Every request from arrangement of a taxi to entering a wake-up call was met with a smile and no fuss. Each time. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Dublin whether it be for business or pleasure.

Room Tip: Rooms along the back of the property are above a very quiet street. If an upgrade is available to a...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Scott Z
Dear Chiil1974,

Thank you so much for your very kind review of the Morrison Hotel following your recent stay with us.

It was a pleasure to read and I was delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us.
I was especially pleased to read your comments on our staff, we continuously strive to provide the very best in customer service and to ensure a enjoyable and welcomming stay to each of our guests. I will happily pass on your kind words to our staff as it is always nice to hear good feedback from guests.
I was also glad to see that you enjoyed your accommodations, the decor of the hotel is modern and unique however it is also warm and comfortable.

Again thank you for your review and for your recommendation,

Kindest Regards and a very happy Christmas to you,

Texas
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,705 helpful votes
Reviewed December 4, 2013

The Morrison, which went through a massive renovation that concluded in early 2013, is an excellent hotel. We stayed at this hotel in late November and early December 2013. It is ideally located for persons interested in seeing the major sites of Dublin, most of which are within easy walking distance. The hotel is clean, the rooms are spacious, and the service is friendly and accommodating. This hotel has an excellent bar and serves a great breakfast buffet in its restaurant. We would certainly consider returning to The Morrison the next time we visit Dublin.

Room Tip: The corner suites are very nice. Our's had a gas fireplace.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank CJTravelerTexas
Dear CJtravellerTexas,

Thank you for your review of the hotel following your recent stay with us. It was a pleasure to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our staff to be accommodating and friendly. We are very proud of the level of service we offer and it was nice to read that it did not go unnoticed.
The location is one of the hotels best attributes as we are central to all vistior attractions and shopping areas in the city, but we are far enough away from the hustle and bustle to offer a quiet location ensuring a great nights sleep.

Thank you gain for your kind words and I hope to welcome you back very soon,

Kindest Regards and Happy Christmas,

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed December 3, 2013

I initially booked to stay in the summer at a web special rate but had to pull out at the last minute - I tried to cancel but was told that I couldn't, which was disappointing - although I understand the deal, I think that you should only retain my payment if you cannot re-sell the room, or the difference in value if you have to discount it (just some feedback, you can choose to ignore of course!) After that my experience was fantastic, you emailed me reminding me that I had the money on account with you and I rebooked a trip with my partner, my greatest surprise was that since your room rate on the date I booked was lower than my original booking you gave me the balance in room credit (although wouldnt refund the difference...) On check out, I realised that I was 1 Euro short of the set cab fare to the airport and the young guy on reception (didn't catch his name but it was circa 9am on Sunday 1st December) gave me the euro! I am the General Manager of a Porsche dealership and am constantly going on at my team about the massive difference the small things make, this is a perfect example and one I will be using at my next team briefing! This lad should be recognised for going the extra mile!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple

2 Thank Stuart L
Dear Stuart L,

Thank you very much for your review of the hotel following your recent stay with us. I was delighted to see that despite the issue with your having to cancel a previous stay that you enjoyed your experience at the hotel. I have passed on your comments to our revenue management team and they are currently looking into your suggestions. As you mentioned, because the reservation was an advance purchase special web offer we are unfortunately unable to accommodate refunds at this time however I was happy to see that we were able to hold the credit for you for a later stay and that the difference in price was credited to you for another stay.

I was extremely happy to read of your experiencec and encounters with our staff, in particular Daniel our front office manager. I have passed on your comments and the team were delighted to have contributed to an enjoyable stay. As you know, good customer service and little gestures make the difference between an adequate and a great experience and I am delighted to have met your standards,

Thank you again for your lovely review and I do hope to see you again very soon,

Kindest Regards and a very happy Christmas from all at The Morrison Hotel,

San Francisco, California
Reviewed December 2, 2013

Great central location in a groovy part of town. Ideal place to relax and meet up with friends and see all the sites. Met up with fmaily and friends here as part of our rugby adventures at Aviva Stadium. Easy walking distance and a great place for post game celebrations.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends

1 Thank Sfkiwis
Dear sfkiwis,

Thank you for your review of the Morrison Hotel. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. As you mentioned we are very fortunate in terms of our location, we are walking distance from most visitor attractions in the city as well as close by to all shopping areas and local parks, sports areanas and of course public transport. After our recent refurbishment we have been working to provide a comfortable, warm, friendly atmosphere for all our guests and I was glad to see this was the case for you.

Thanks again for your review and Happy Christmas,

Las Rozas, Spain
Reviewed December 2, 2013

THis is a great hotel, great staff and great location. highly recommended- they always give you a warm cookie on your available and the staff its always nice and helpfull. location its awesome, just by the leffey, next to Temple Bar and shopping area. Great location. Decoration is very nice-- modern. Food is also nice. Bar is also very nice.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank R V
Dear R V,

Many thanks for your recent review of the Morrison Hotel, we appreciate your time and your feedback. It was a pleasure to see that you enjoyed your stay with us. I am happy you enjoyed your warm Doubletree cookie on arrival, these are a core standard at Doubletree hotels and given to every arriving guest( our guests can request one at any time during their stay also). Thank you for your comments regarding the bar and restaurant also, we strive to provide a relaxed, warm, welcoming and comforable atmosphere for our guests and was glad that youe enjoyed both areas.

Many Thanks again for your time and a very happy Christmas to you,

Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed December 1, 2013

Sadly we only spent one night at The Morrison before our flight back to the US, but no doubt we will be back. We arrived very early after a somewhat adventurous taxi trip from the train station. We had an elderly driver who had no idea where the hotel was. The Morrison does not have any signage outside, so it's a good idea to be somewhat familiar with the address and location if you are taking a taxi. Anyhow, our room was not ready when we arrived, but our bags had been taken up to our room when we returned later in the afternoon. The rooms are recently renovated and very trendy. How nice to have adequate lighting in a room for a change! The bed was comfortable. The room was quiet even though we slept with the windows open. Terrific shower,and a big screen HD a TV with loads of channels. My only complaint is that there are no outlets near a mirror, so when I blow-dried my hair, I couldn't see what I was doing! You might want to avoid the hotel restaurant - there are tons of better, less expensive choices in Dublin.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank tarheeldeb
Dear tarheeldeb,

Many thanks for your review of the Morrison, we appreciate the time it takes to post a review and we love guest feedback.
I was delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you enjoyed your room. Thank you for your comments regarding mirrors near the hairdryer, this issue has been brought to our attention and we are currently looking into a solution. I am however glad you found the room bright and quiet and trust you had a good nights sleep.
Regarding the restaurant, If you ate in the restaurant I would love to hear your feedback, you can mail me privately on moconnor@morrisonhotel.ie.

Many thanks again and wishing you a very Merry Christmas,