The Merrion Hotel
$289
$202
$182
  • Restaurant
Dublin Skylon Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
$123
$119
3,670 results
All reviewscellar restaurantgarden wingart collectionthe main houseart teapatrick guilbaudhighly recommend the merriongovernment buildingsdrawing roompublic roomsbeautiful hotelnational galleryturn down servicefive star hotelgrafton streettrinity collegemeriton
Reviewed June 19, 2014

My wife and I have stayed here many times over the years for business and leisure. I can't stress how wonderful the place is. Staff are lovely, food and drink very special and the hotel itself is a beautiful place to be. Just a short walk to St. Stephen's Green and the city centre. Will be back soon!!!

Room Tip: Choose a higher floor...Lovely and quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Manager_PMacCann, General Manager at The Merrion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review following you and your wife’s recent stay.

On behalf of everybody here, thank you for your kind comments which I have shared with the entire team here. I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed your experience here at The Merrion and I hope it is not too long before we have the privilege of welcoming you both back again.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

We really enjoyed are stay here. Very nice place with quiet nights. It nice to get some rest when you have been out on town all night. We found it to be super clean and the people were very friendly and helpful

Room Tip: If you are staying with kids make sure to get adjoining rooms
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Jeff A

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your lovely review following your recent stay with us here at The Merrion.
I was delighted that you had such a relaxing and enjoyable stay with us and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed June 15, 2014

From the moment you walk in the door the service you receive is simply unrivalled. The rooms are spacious and comfortable, with the turn down service being an added treat. The location is as good as it gets and the valet parking service is very efficient.

One criticism was our Afternoon Tea Experience. Service was very slow and attention was only attracted when we attempted to pour our own tea. Furthermore despite informing the staff before ordering that one of the party had a nut allergy they served two hazelnut desserts to them. The staff were very apologetic, offering a complimentary drink, however we were soon asked to vacate before being offered our second choice of tea.

Overall the hotel still gets 5 stars and I hope our Tea experience was a one-off!

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us.

I was delighted to read your wonderful comments about the service and facilities here at the Hotel and I have shared them with all my colleagues. I am also aware that you have spoken with my colleague Brian Murphy concerning your Afternoon Tea experience who is following up directly with our Food and Beverage Manager.

We look forward to the occasion when you next stay and we hope that your visit then will be as memorable as this one.

Reviewed June 15, 2014

The Merrion is an upscale hotel well located in Dublin, suitable for business or personal travel. The staff is excellent.

The room we had was on a lower floor but very comfortable, with a large bathroom and comfortable bed and pillows. The room was quiet and clean.

No real drawbacks to mention, I would stay there again without hesitation (although we didn't receive any upgrade as other reviewers did...). Early check in (around 1pm) would have been nice after our flight from SFO. The TV controls could have been more intuitive, and the TV could have been larger for this class hotel (about 24").

Room Tip: It's a large hotel, not sure what rooms are best.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the lovely review posted recently following your recent stay.

Thank you for your kind comments which I have shared with all the team here and for your feedback regarding the TV in your room which I have taken on board fully.

I hope it is not too long before we have the privilege of welcoming you back again.

Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

I actually went there in March a few years ago (and I catch up on my hotel reviews during my holidays!) to visit different Dublin locations for an event (and stayed at the Merrion). The Merrion is a true LHW, elegant, in very good condition, brilliantly managed). The hotel manager himself sorted out a few mishaps and was a true gentleman (while at other lhw/slh hotels you never see the manager as they 'outsource problems to their employees/line managers). This hotel is perfect for any kind of trip (business, romance, city trip, a girls week-end, etc). The only flaw ? Maybe the fact that to go to some rooms you have to cross half of the hotel ground floor and I didn t like to 'bother' people having tea to go to my room, but that was due to the hotel architecture. Should I come back to Dublin, I ll come back to the Merrion!

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Nelda68

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review of your stay with us at The Merrion and for your feedback.

I have shared your wonderful comments with all the team here who join me in thanking you. We are all genuinely delighted that you enjoyed your stay so much and are honoured that should you visit Dublin again we will have the pleasure of welcoming you to stay with us here at The Merrion.

Thank you again for your kind comments.