“Excellent”

Ranked #1 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Hertford
“Excellent”
Reviewed June 19, 2014

My wife and I have stayed here many times over the years for business and leisure. I can't stress how wonderful the place is. Staff are lovely, food and drink very special and the hotel itself is a beautiful place to be. Just a short walk to St. Stephen's Green and the city centre. Will be back soon!!!

Room Tip: Choose a higher floor...Lovely and quiet.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Manager_PMacCann, General Manager at The Merrion Hotel, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review following you and your wife’s recent stay.

On behalf of everybody here, thank you for your kind comments which I have shared with the entire team here. I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed your experience here at The Merrion and I hope it is not too long before we have the privilege of welcoming you both back again.

Peter Mac Cann

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (577)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
El Centro, California
Reviewed June 17, 2014

We really enjoyed are stay here. Very nice place with quiet nights. It nice to get some rest when you have been out on town all night. We found it to be super clean and the people were very friendly and helpful

Room Tip: If you are staying with kids make sure to get adjoining rooms
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Jeff A
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your lovely review following your recent stay with us here at The Merrion.
I was delighted that you had such a relaxing and enjoyable stay with us and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back very soon.

Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 15, 2014

From the moment you walk in the door the service you receive is simply unrivalled. The rooms are spacious and comfortable, with the turn down service being an added treat. The location is as good as it gets and the valet parking service is very efficient.

One criticism was our Afternoon Tea Experience. Service was very slow and attention was only attracted when we attempted to pour our own tea. Furthermore despite informing the staff before ordering that one of the party had a nut allergy they served two hazelnut desserts to them. The staff were very apologetic, offering a complimentary drink, however we were soon asked to vacate before being offered our second choice of tea.

Overall the hotel still gets 5 stars and I hope our Tea experience was a one-off!

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us.

I was delighted to read your wonderful comments about the service and facilities here at the Hotel and I have shared them with all my colleagues. I am also aware that you have spoken with my colleague Brian Murphy concerning your Afternoon Tea experience who is following up directly with our Food and Beverage Manager.

We look forward to the occasion when you next stay and we hope that your visit then will be as memorable as this one.

LA
Reviewed June 15, 2014

The Merrion is an upscale hotel well located in Dublin, suitable for business or personal travel. The staff is excellent.

The room we had was on a lower floor but very comfortable, with a large bathroom and comfortable bed and pillows. The room was quiet and clean.

No real drawbacks to mention, I would stay there again without hesitation (although we didn't receive any upgrade as other reviewers did...). Early check in (around 1pm) would have been nice after our flight from SFO. The TV controls could have been more intuitive, and the TV could have been larger for this class hotel (about 24").

Room Tip: It's a large hotel, not sure what rooms are best.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the lovely review posted recently following your recent stay.

Thank you for your kind comments which I have shared with all the team here and for your feedback regarding the TV in your room which I have taken on board fully.

I hope it is not too long before we have the privilege of welcoming you back again.

Genève
Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

I actually went there in March a few years ago (and I catch up on my hotel reviews during my holidays!) to visit different Dublin locations for an event (and stayed at the Merrion). The Merrion is a true LHW, elegant, in very good condition, brilliantly managed). The hotel manager himself sorted out a few mishaps and was a true gentleman (while at other lhw/slh hotels you never see the manager as they 'outsource problems to their employees/line managers). This hotel is perfect for any kind of trip (business, romance, city trip, a girls week-end, etc). The only flaw ? Maybe the fact that to go to some rooms you have to cross half of the hotel ground floor and I didn t like to 'bother' people having tea to go to my room, but that was due to the hotel architecture. Should I come back to Dublin, I ll come back to the Merrion!

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Nelda68
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review of your stay with us at The Merrion and for your feedback.

I have shared your wonderful comments with all the team here who join me in thanking you. We are all genuinely delighted that you enjoyed your stay so much and are honoured that should you visit Dublin again we will have the pleasure of welcoming you to stay with us here at The Merrion.

Thank you again for your kind comments.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 15, 2014 via mobile

Perfect Service, first class rooms, great food amazing location. I could go on but I have to say, if you get a chance to stay in Dublin, stay at the Merrion you will not be disappointed. The bar is open 24 hours for residents and food is also available. The log fires in the lounges are a nice touch and the gardens, which are immaculate , also impressive.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Intcopiers
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us at The Merrion.

I have shared your wonderful comments with all the team here who join me in saying a “big thank you” also. I am truly delighted that you enjoyed your stay so much; the title of your review says it all really as all of my colleagues work extremely hard to provide an exacting service experience for our guests, so thank you for recognising this.

I hope we have the privilege of welcoming you back to stay with us again very soon.

Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 14, 2014

We stayed for just one night and wished it could gave been longer. Lovely welcome as we arrived with valet parking. Hotel close to most areas of interest but taxis waiting outside the hotel if we needed to go further. Stayed in a garden room which was large and comfortable. The turn down service at night was fantastic with fresh towels and the room tidied. Breakfast lovely and staff could not have been more helpful. This was one of the nicest hotels we have ever stayed in and will be coming back

• Stayed June 2014
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the wonderful review posted recently and for taking the time to tell us of your experience with us.

I have already shared your kind words with the entire team here and they all join me in thanking you. I hope it is not too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again and that you will have another memorable visit to Dublin!