“Merrion Hotel”
Review of The Merrion Hotel

The Merrion Hotel
Ranked #1 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed March 26, 2014

Our family of 5 had the pleasure of staying at the Merrion Hotel for 3 nights for the St. Patrick's Day holiday. The moment we arrived we received a very warm greeting from the staff, and that continued throughout the entire stay. Prior to our arrival, the Merrion reservation and concierge team helped us with planning our stay, and arranged a rental car for our departure to tour western Ireland. My only regret is the stay was too short, we did not have time to use the pool or spa; but I am sure I will be back to stay at the Merrion again in the future.

Room Tip: We had 2 adjoining rooms on the second floor that looked onto the courtyard, which were spacious and...
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank patty s
Manager_PMacCann, General Manager at The Merrion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2014

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the wonderful review posted recently and for taking the time to tell us of you and your family’s experience with us.

I have already shared your kind words with the entire team here and they all join me in thanking you. I am delighted that your enjoyed your stay with us and I do hope that it is not too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you all back again soon and this time you can enjoy the Tethra Spa.

Thank you again for your kind words.

There are newer reviews for The Merrion Hotel

Reviewed March 26, 2014

A would return to Dublin just to stay in this hotel. It is exquisitely appointed, akin to staying in a luxurious, yet homely townhouse with service that is attentive, gracious and charming. The hotel's location is second to none. The perfect place to explore the delights of Dublin by foot. Cocktails in the bar are a must and the fish and chips in The Cellars restaurant is the best in town. Breakfast was delicious with an amazing buffet selection with many authentic Irish produce. Don't forget your swimming gear to enjoy the pool and spa. One of the best hotels I have stayed in for a very long time. Top notch and faultless.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JerseyBean007

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the fantastic review following your recent stay with us which I was so pleased to read.

We really do appreciate you taking the time and trouble to post it and I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed all aspects of your stay. Your words speak for themselves really and have given the entire team a big boost.

I am delighted that enjoyed our Fish & Chips and I have passed on your kind words to our Executive Chef which he was delighted to hear.

Thank you again and we do look forward to welcoming you back to the Merrion in the near future.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

I have to say I can't fault this hotel in any way!! We stayed on the 3 night merrion deal and from arriving to leaving the staff can't help you enough. We had booked in dec however our flight was cancelled so we re-arranged, at the time the staff were brilliant and couldn't do enough for us, which was why we wanted to book the same hotel, I found them so friendly and helpful! The hotel is so classy and elegant. Fab stay and can't wait to return. Thank you to all the staff who looked after us.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sarah R

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us at The Merrion and for your wonderful feedback.

I have shared your encouraging comments with all the team here who join me in thanking you. We are all genuinely delighted that you enjoyed your stay so much, I am so happy to learn that all the staff here at the Merrion made your stay in Dublin an enjoyable one.

We look forward to the privilege of welcoming you back to stay with us again very soon.

Reviewed March 24, 2014 via mobile

From the moment we pulled up at the hotel our every need was taken care of. The doorman and concierge took everything out of our hands before we could even leave the cab whisking away our many bags efficiently and with no unnecessary fuss.

We arrived from Australia after 24 hours on the plane and were greeted warmly at reception by incredibly professional staff. We didn't get the name of the lady who checked us in but it was a reservation under Adam Baric on the 23rd of March. I mention her specifically because she is a credit to the hotel. She understood how tired we were and went above and beyond to arrange for our room to be cleaned first thing and make us comfortable in the meantime. I cannot express how grateful we were for the early check in after flying halfway across the world!

The hotel and garden are beautiful. Crackling fires in the reception rooms creates a welcoming, cosy atmosphere and is a welcome retreat from the cold outside. We had breakfast at the Cellar restaurant which was fantastic - try the brioche French toast if you have a chance.

Our room itself was spacious and well-appointed with a view over the garden. As others have mentioned, everything had been thought of from an umbrella to borrow to bathrobes and slippers. We wanted for nothing. The attention to detail extended to the turn down service. After rushing to dinner we returned to find our room tidy and inviting - perfect for people suffering from jetlag!

The location of the hotel was also great. It's an easy walk to cafes, restaurants, shopping and tourist attractions.

We have stayed in many exceptional hotels around the world, but the service we experienced at The Merrion puts it at the top of the heap. They have achieved the perfect balance of being warm, welcoming and attentive in a subtle way without being in your face and overbearing. All staff we encountered were a credit to the hotel. Other luxury hotels could learn a lot from The Merrion in regards to their service and staff.

We were so sad to leave, but we will be back next time we are in Dublin. If you are coming to Dublin, do yourself a favour and stay at The Merrion. You will not regret it.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Leah P

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the absolutely wonderful review following your recent stay with us which I was pleased to read.

We really do appreciate you taking the time and trouble to post it and I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay. Every one of my colleagues endeavour to provide our guests with as comfortable a stay as possible and we are glad that you had such an enjoyable time. Your words speak for themselves really and have given the entire team a big boost. I believe it was Magdalena who checked you in and I have passed on your kind words which she was delighted to hear.

I hope it won’t be too long before we have the opportunity and the privilege of welcoming you back to stay with us again.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

All aspects of this hotel were excellent. The room was very comfortable and all facilities were spotless. You could not ask for better service or more polite staff. We contacted the concierge by email before our trip for tour recommendations. Clare was very helpful in planning and scheduling two of our tours. We would definitely recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: The room with a garden view was very quiet with a nice view.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the lovely review posted recently and for taking the time to tell us of your recent stay with us.

On behalf of everybody here, thank you for your very lovely comments. I have passed on your very kind words to Clare who was delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your stay.

I am delighted to read that you would recommend the Merrion and I do hope that it is not too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

We stayed here on St. Patrick's weekend for one night and were amazed by the great service and high standard of everything in the hotel. The reception and concierge couldn't be more helpful and the rooms were everything you could need.

We also had dinner in the Cellar restaurant and it was lovely.

Definitely recommend for anyone looking for a luxury stay in Dublin.

1  Thank Ross W

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the wonderful review posted recently and for taking the time to share your experience with us.

We really do appreciate you taking the time and trouble to post it and I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay and dinner in the Cellar Restaurant.

I hope it is not too long before we have the privilege and the pleasure of welcoming you back again.

Reviewed March 23, 2014

You are greeted by a doorman with top hat and tails, a warm fire welcomes you in the lobby. Staff was very friendly and helpful, and the room was beautiful. Bathroom was completely marble with tub and glass shower. Luxurious towels were on warming towel bars, and bath robes and slippers were provided. The room had a minibar, kettle with tea and coffee, Wedgewood cups and saucers, and an English "brollie" for use. Cellar bar and restaurant were exceptional, and the pool/spa was spectacular. Everything was wonderful....we felt like Royalty!!!

Room Tip: We had streetside room, which was standard room, 1 queen bed, garden area....we did not think they g...

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the lovely review posted following your recent stay with us.

We really do appreciate you taking the time and trouble to post it and I was delighted to read you enjoyed all aspects of the hotel..

I am glad that you both enjoyed your stay and I do hope it is not too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again.