“Hard to surpass”

Ranked #1 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Dublin, Ireland
“Hard to surpass”
Reviewed March 18, 2014

We stayed at the Merrion for an anniversary night away and were not disappointed. From the first welcome and throughout our stay the staff were faultless. As with any well run establishment they are never in the way and always there when you need assistance.

We were upgraded to a room with a view in the old part of the hotel and would highly recomend this hotel.

The complimentary bottle of champers went down a treat.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dublinrc
Manager_PMacCann, General Manager at The Merrion Hotel, responded to this review, March 21, 2014
Dear Guest,

My colleagues and I were delighted to read how much you enjoyed all aspects of your stay. Your words are so kind and I can assure you that they have given the entire team a great lift.

We are genuinely honoured that you chose the Merrion to celebrate your anniversary and I do hope it is not too long before we have the privilege of welcoming you back again maybe for many more anniversary’s to come.

Thank you again.

Peter Mac Cann

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (595)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Mendham, New Jersey
Reviewed March 18, 2014

This hotel is fabulous. The rooms are gorgeous, the staff is friendly, it is everything you would want in an expensive five star hotel. Afternoon tea was splendid and they offered many tasty treats that my kids loved. But that pool, wow!! This hotel has an indoor pool made out of artisan tiles that is just spectacular. When you swim in it it looks like you are swimming under the sea!

Definitely the highlight of our Ireland trip. I love how the hotel looks hidden from the front, but extends very large in the back. Will definitely be back here!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Hope9876
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review of you and your family’s recent stay with us.

My colleagues and I were delighted to read how much you enjoyed our Art Afternoon Tea and also our Tethra Spa, your words are so kind.

We look forward to welcoming you in the near future and that your visit will be as memorable as this was.

Reston, Virginia
Reviewed March 14, 2014

I can say without reservation that this is THE NICEST hotel that I've ever stayed in anywhere in the world. If I could give this hotel 6 Stars I would.

What makes this hotel so special is the dedication to services and elegance. The property itself is stunning. The hotel marries old world elegance with modern comforts seamlessly. The staff, from the bellmen out front to housekeeping, are all dedicated to providing first class service and they do so with such sincerity.

I had mentioned in my reservation request that I was celebrating a special occasion and the hotel was so kind to upgrade me to a wonderful room French doors overlooking the gardens. The room and bathroom were truly spectacular.

Unfortunately I spent one night at The Merrion. I regret that during my stay I failed to really enjoy all of the amenities that the hotel has to offer. I did dine in the Cellar restaurant that adjoins the hotel and it was a fabulous meal. The food and the service were first rate in a relaxed and enjoyable setting.

While I don't find myself visiting Dublin regularly, I would most certainly stay here again in a heartbeat if given the chance. I would also recommend this hotel to anyone who appreciates tremendous service and the classic elegance of a luxury hotel.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank luxurybarginlover
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the absolutely fantastic review following your recent stay with us which I was pleased to read.

We really do appreciate you taking the time and trouble to post it and I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed the Cellar Restaurant. Every one of my colleagues’ endeavours to provide our guests with as comfortable a stay as possible and I am glad that you had such an enjoyable time. Your words speak for themselves really and have given the entire team a big boost.

We are delighted that we are your hotel of choice if you return to Dublin and I do hope that we have the privilege of welcoming you back to stay with us in the near future and you may have the opportunity to experience all other aspects of the hotel.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed March 14, 2014

We stayed there recently to celebrate my husbands 40th.
The hotel was fabulous and the service impeccable.
We had dinner in Guibaulds also ... superb
The room was a lovely size and beautifully furnished, but the bathroom was a bit outdated. Dissapointing to not have a proper shower (only one in the bath)
All in all a fabulous experience however.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Susan F
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the lovely review posted recently and for taking the time to share you and your husband’s experience with us.

We are truly honoured that you chose the Merrion Hotel to mark such a special occasion as your husband’s birthday and please pass on my belated birthday wishes.

I have already shared your kind words with the entire team here and they all join me in thanking you. I hope it is not too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed March 13, 2014

This was a fantabulous hotel in a very well-situated area of town. Within walking distance to all of the good stuff. There were bowls of really fresh Fuji apples all over the place, which were so welcome. The staff was super responsive and the rooms...well, we had two rooms. One was small and overlooked a nasty alley, and the other room was twice the size and overlooked the 5-star courtyard. They cost the same amount. So...ask a lot of questions when you book, I guess.

Room Tip: Make sure they don't give you a room looking onto the grimy alleyway...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

We really do appreciate you taking the time and trouble to post it. I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay and also that you availed of our complimentary apples.

I only hope it is not too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.

Northern Ireland
Reviewed March 7, 2014

I have had the pleasure of staying at the Merrion a number of occasions and always enjoyed it.
The staff are wonderful & nothing is ever too much trouble for them, especially the concierge & portering staff.
I had the pleasure of spending my birthday there last week & for the first time ate at Patrick Guibaud.
There are few 5 star hotels in Dublin & whilst I’m always a Four Seasons fan the Merrion just has the edge for ambiance.
I love the Shelbourne too & always enjoy a drink in the Saddle room bar but the bar & foyer are always a bit too busy for any meaningful relaxation.
If you want a city centre location, with safe car parking ( always valet ) & exquisite cuisine you really have to just book The Merrion.
Check their own website for regular special offers.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Bellefast
Manager_PMacCann, General Manager at The Merrion Hotel, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the wonderful review posted recently and for sharing your experience with us.

We really do appreciate you taking the time and trouble to post it. I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay and thank you for your kind words about all the staff here at the Merrion.

Please accept my belated birthday wishes and I do hope it is not too long before we have the privilege of welcoming you back again soon and for many more birthdays to come.

Thank you again for your kind words.

Princeton, New Jersey
Reviewed March 6, 2014 via mobile

Had the pleasure of staying at The Merrion for about a week. Everything - room, service, food - was excellent. I have stayed in many luxury hotels, but The Merrion is now my absolute favorite. Not flashy. Understated and elegant. The staff is peerless. The property is beautiful. In Dublin, do not stay anywhere else. And when you do go, be sure to ask for a room in the main house. Just gorgeous.

Stayed February 2014
2 Thank cmmnj
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the fantastic review posted recently and for taking the time to share your experience with us.

On behalf of everybody here, thank you for your very kind comments about the team here at The Merrion. It is such a compliment to be thought of as the best hotel in Dublin and both my colleagues and I look forward to the opportunity of looking after you again on your next visit to Dublin.