“Art Tea at the Merrion”
Review of The Merrion Hotel

The Merrion Hotel
Ranked #1 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed January 30, 2014

Arrived here at 2.40pm for a 3pm booking. Everybody was so hospitable and friendly. Was immediately shown to the bar as our table wasnt ready yet. Had a lovely pint while waiting although prices are a bit stiff so beware.
Art tea was absolutely superb. The collection of perfectly made sandwiches, different variety of tea, the smoked salmon, beef, scones, clotted cream and jam was mouth watering. The wonderful topping on this irresistible cake were the deserts. 3 deserts made and designed after 3 artworks in the hotel. Magnificent designs and very tasty to boot.
Add in the tranquil setting in the drawing room and the friendly, knowledgeable staff who couldn't do enough for us and I think this wont be the first or last time the Merrion will be seeing us as customers. Superb.

2  Thank SMinihane
Manager_PMacCann, General Manager at The Merrion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2014

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the lovely review posted recently about our art afternoon tea and for taking the time to share your experience with us.

I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed your experience with your visit to our Drawing Rooms for our Art Afternoon Tea. I have shared this with the Drawing Rooms and Kitchen teams and they say a very big “thank you” as well.

I hope it is not too long before you return to us again.

Peter Mac Cann

Write a ReviewReviews (3,483)

Reviewed January 29, 2014 via mobile

I have been staying in the Merrion on and off for the past 3 years on business and work and i have always meant to write a review on just how absolutely wonderful this hotel is. As a solo lady traveller i find the Merrion simply superb both for high standards of excellence and on amazing staff. From the minute i arrive the doormen greet me by my name and look after me with such kindness and are so welcoming. My luggage is always taken care of and the reception staff are so professional but equally welcoming. As i am alone i never feel nervous or uncomfortable far from it as every member of staff is always so kind and the room service is definitely first class. My room is in the garden wing and its always immaculate and so well taken care of and its just so nice to feel so welcomed everytime i stay. If anyone is a solo traveller and needs a truely wonderful hotel in Dublin then please pick the Merrion as you will certainly feel very safe, relaxed and you really wont want to leave. So i just want to say a big thanks to all the staff for always looking after me so well i really appreciate your wonderful 5* service.and well done to the Merrion. Mrs. G Kearney

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank holidayathotel

Dear Mrs Kearney,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us.

I was delighted to read your wonderful comments about the service and facilities here at the Hotel and I have shared them with all my colleagues. It really makes it all worthwhile when somebody enjoys their stays as much as you do and I am glad you feel so warmly welcomed.

We are honoured to be your hotel of choice when visiting Dublin and I hope it won’t be too long before we have the opportunity and the privilege of welcoming you back to stay with us again.

Thanks again for your kind words.

Reviewed January 25, 2014

Our first stay in Dublin was a bit challenging as my wife was quite ill; however, the wonderful staff and beautiful hotel made our stay more than comfortable. The Merrion Hotel must pride itself on its exceptional staff, all of whom are quite professional and caring. I was most impressed with the front desk crew, including the doormen; these staff often are the first impression for guests, and the Merrion crew were most helpful. The rooms, hallways, grounds and restaurant were well maintained and spotless.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank boblovesnat

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the lovely review posted recently and for taking the time to tell us of your experience with us and I do hope that your wife has made a full recovery.

I have already shared your kind words with the entire team here and they all join me in thanking you. I hope it is not too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again to stay.

Reviewed January 22, 2014

Great service from every single member of staff I came into contact with. Professional yet friendly. Very comfortable public areas and a great cocktail bar. Cellar restaurant meal was very good. Room was immaculate and good size. Highly recommended.

3  Thank jwlYorkshire

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for your lovely review following your stay with us and for taking the time to share your experience with us.

We really do appreciate you taking the time and trouble to post it. I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay and your visits to our Cellar Restaurant and Cocktail Bar No 23.

I hope it is not too long before we have the privilege of welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed January 20, 2014

The Merrion is probably one of the best options in Dublin.
We had two adjoining rooms in the newer part overlooking the garden.
Rooms are comfortable, clean and super quiet.
Room service is outstanding, the BEST fish & chips of all of Ireland!
Great place!

Room Tip: The rooms on the front building are much grander and beautiful, but not set up for families.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank jeje68
Manager_PMacCann, General Manager at The Merrion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

Dear Guest,

I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay and we are all thrilled that you consider our Fish and Chips the best in Ireland!

We hope it is not too long before we have the privilege and the pleasure of welcoming you back again.

Thank you again for your encouraging words.

Reviewed January 18, 2014

We had a wonderful stay in Dublin in part because of this great hotel. Perfect service, we felt pampered from the beginning to the end. Everybody in this hotel is very nice and deserve all the applause. Wonderful food and service at the Cellar restaurant. The Art Tea was perfect, in front of the fireplace, impressive artworks all over the hotel. Not to miss the James Joyce statue in the garden. Will stay there for sure if we have to go back to Dublin and recommend to anyone who love staying in wonderful hotels.

Room Tip: we followed the tip of another Tripadvisor reviewer and stayed at a Superior Room with Garden View a...
3  Thank cabinjohn59

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us.

I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed The Cellar Restaurant and also our Art Afternoon Tea in front of our open fires in the Drawing Rooms; it makes it all worthwhile when somebody enjoys their visit as much as you did.

I do hope it is not too long before we have the privilege of welcoming you back again.

Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

Had an amazing couple of days with my wife at this super city centre hotel. We had a fantastic meal in the restaurant and a great meal in our room. The public rooms really are a relaxing area to sit and watch the world. I would highly recommend this hotel for some time out.

Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank CollieMcD

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the great review posted recently and for taking the time to share your experience with us.

We are all delighted that you and your wife enjoyed your stay with and I hope it is not too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again to The Merrion!

Thank you again for your wonderful feedback.