The Merrion Hotel
$202
$182
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Dublin Skylon Hotel(Dublin)(Great Value!)
$123
$119
Travelocity
3,670 results
All reviewscellar restaurantgarden wingart collectionthe main houseart teapatrick guilbaudhighly recommend the merriongovernment buildingsdrawing roompublic roomsbeautiful hotelnational galleryturn down servicefive star hotelgrafton streettrinity collegemeriton
Reviewed December 9, 2013

I just had my 3rd stayed at this fantastic hotel during the last years. It is a " must "to stay there if you have tried it once. Superb service, always smiling staff, nice rooms, great morning swimming in the pool and enjoyable and luxurious treatments in the spa. And of course the Afternoon Tea in front of the open fire. This time we had not booked before arrival and could not get a table during our 3 days stay. It was because Christmas coming up. So remember to book your Afternoon tea, a " must " as well. Looking forward to the next stay at The Merrion Hotel, we will be back!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
Manager_PMacCann, General Manager at The Merrion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2013

Dear Guest,

I was delighted to read that it was your third time to stay with and all your kind comments about my colleagues are greatly appreciated.

I am sorry that we could not get a table for you for afternoon tea when you were here. We will do our best to ensure that that does not happen again.

We hope to welcome you back soon and in the meantime have a great Christmas.

Kind regards,

Reviewed December 4, 2013

I had a fabulous 2 day break at the Merrion Hotel recently, a birthday present courtesy of my children, where the experience was truly wonderful. The Merrion is richly deserving of its 5 star status. The rooms are very comfortable, the surroundings luxurious without being stuffy and the staff are second to none. From the moment the doorman greets you by asking your name and assisting with check-in you are a pampered guest. What I like most is the outstanding service from each and every person you encounter during your stay. Service is delivered with exceptional efficiency yet in such a friendly manner and without the fawning attitude that often prevails in high end hotels. The attention to detail is what makes this such a wonderful hotel. The afternoon tea is an experience not to be missed and as for the Tethra Spa!! What can I say. I had the Balinese massage which was absolutely fabulous. Laura, my masseur, was professional, friendly and made the experience truly relaxing. Although I live in Dublin The Merrion is my number one choice for a short break. I first stayed there about 5 years ago and take great pleasure in returning as often as I can.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the garden are lovely and quiet. The only sound on waking is birdsong. Heaven!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank fussytraveller514

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time and trouble to complete the review after your recent stay. Everyone here joins me in saying a very sincere thank you for your kind words, as it is comments like this make our work all the more worthwhile.

I sincerely hope that we will have the privilege of welcoming you back soon and in the meantime if we can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.

We wish you a peaceful and happy Christmas.

Kind regards,

Reviewed December 3, 2013

I booked two rooms for my in laws and myself and my wife. I did this through expedia but would not do so again as it is better to go through the hotel itself . We didn't like the rooms allocated as I had thought we would have a garden view and not one facing a wall. I agreed to stay one night here and the second night they upgraded us. The best part of this hotel is their staff as they are very helpful very friendly. Don't bother with other hotels in Dublin and try this one as we shall be back.

Room Tip: p ay for an upgrade and a higher floor facing the garden
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank westin186605

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for taking the time and trouble to post the recent view on line. I was delighted to read that you felt that you felt it was better to deal directly with the hotel and I hope it is not too long before we hear from you again.

In the meantime thank you and I wish you a very happy Christmas.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

Greeted by member of staff when parked up, bags and car keys taken- no hassle. Efficient check in and then escorted to room by a delightful member of staff. Beautiful gardens, gorgeous corridors and rooms. Had a drink in the bar and at one point I counted 11 members of staff in the bar area at one time. This is an older 5 star in complete contrast to the Marker which I stayed in on the same trip. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Manager_PMacCann, General Manager at The Merrion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay.

On behalf of everybody here, thank you for your kind comments which I have shared with the entire team here. I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed your experience here at The Merrion and I hope it is not too long before we have the privilege of welcoming you both back again.

Yours sincerely,

Peter Mac Cann

Reviewed November 30, 2013

Another wonderful stay at the Merrion - from arriving in the taxi to the doorman asking your name (which is then used constantly by every staff member you come into contact with) the hotel just confirms you are in a quality establishment. From the beautiful and luxurious surroundings of common rooms to the wonderfully comfortable and stylish bedrooms the place is simply stunning. Food (both room service and in the Cellar Restaurant) is excellent and nothing seems to much trouble to make your stay memorable. It really is now the only place that I would wish to stay in Dublin! Although we have only stayed once previously it really felt like coming home. Truly excellent!

Room Tip: Garden rooms are beautiful and I believe a little larger than the standard ones.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the lovely review posted recently and for taking the time to tell us of your recent stay with us.

On behalf of everybody here, thank you for your very kind comments; it really makes it all worthwhile when somebody enjoys a visit as much as you did. I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed your experience and we are genuinely honoured that you chose to stay with us again on your return to Dublin.

I hope it is not too long before you stay with us again.

Yours sincerely,