WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #1 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
kildare
“soooooooooooo nice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

another very positive stay at the merrion.
I know there are other 5 star hotels in Dublin, but we just love it here.
Its consistant, the staff remember you, the location is great, and I love the fact, that once you step inside, you forget you are in a city.
We had brunch on Sunday in the cellar bar and it was really lovely.
crispy bacon to die for......
Looking forward to our next visit in December.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank KildareCian
Manager_PMacCann, General Manager at The Merrion Hotel, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us.

My colleagues and I were delighted to read how much you enjoyed all aspects of your stay. Your words are so kind and I can assure you that they have given the entire team a great lift particularly from a loyal guest such as you.

We are genuinely honoured that you stay with us for your visits to Dublin are looking forward to welcoming you back in December your stay then will be as memorable as this was. I am also delighted to read that you enjoyed our newly launched Sunday Brunch in our Cellar Bar which is proving to be very popular with hotel patrons and outside guests alike!

Thank you again for your encouraging words

Peter Mac Cann

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (549)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Surfside, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

One of the finest properties I've ever stayed in anywhere. The accommodations were wonderful, the service outstanding, the grounds and gardens delightful and the location is perfect. Great food, great ambience and the staff could not do enough for you. They were friendly, courteous, knowledgeable and quick to respond to your every need.

Our stay was outstanding in every possible way.

We will use The Merrion as a centerpiece for a return trip to Ireland in the next few years .

Room Tip: I don't think you could get a bad one.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank imkirsch
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the fantastic review posted recently and for taking the time to share your experience with us.

On behalf of everybody here, thank you for your kind comments which I have shared with the entire team. I hope it is not too long before we have the privilege of welcoming you back again.

nyc
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

We were there the first week in October, 2013. The care and attention from the staff here is extraordinary in every way. Excellent location, and Ireland's only two-star restaurant is on premises. Try it!

Room Tip: Get to know Patrick, the concierge, and you will be ahead of the game from the start
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank hoyamomNyc
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the lovely review posted recently and for taking the time to share your experience with us.

We really do appreciate you taking the time and trouble to post it. I hope it is not too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again.

Seattle
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

We stayed at the Merrion in Sept. On arrival in Dublin for 2 nights and at departure from Dublin for two nights. It's a very nice hotel and it's a good location where you can walk to shopping etc... There is also a hop on hop off bus stop right near the hotel. I would not qualify the hotel as a 5 star but would put it in the category of clean, well sized rooms and very good service. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: make sure you ask for one of the more recently remodeled rooms.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank joanw8461
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the review posted recently and for taking the time to tell us of your experience with us.

I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back again.

London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

I stayed at the Merrion a couple of weeks ago as it was the hotel my group decided to book.

The location is quite central. It is an old fashioned 5 star where you will be well taken care of.

The staff is very friendly and very attentive to service.

Beds are comfortable and the room I stayed in was huge.

I had a view onto the Beautiful garden which I was unable to visit as it rained the entire time I was there.

A small criticism on the breakfast. It was not worth the €29 I paid. Despite having so many staff, I struggled to get a glass of orange juice (I had to ask 3 times).

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Keyz
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review following your recent stay with us which I was delighted to read.

We really do appreciate you taking the time and trouble to post it and I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us on the whole Thank you for the feedback about your experience in the Cellar Restaurant at breakfast which I have taken onboard fully.

I hope it is not too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Catlin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2013

We booked this hotel based on Trip Advisor reviews and were not ill advised. We spent five wonderful nights here and everything was top notch. Our room was serviced early and this was ideal for a short afternoon rest each day before heading out again. Every member of the staff is courteous and helpful and gracious. We had afternoon tea on Friday; they call it Art Tea. It was a highlight of the trip. The pastry chef is a master at creating teacakes inspired by paintings hung around the hotel. A unique and delicious experience. We stayed in the garden section of the hotel and each morning and evening walked past and though a lovely, sculpture filled garden. Our room was large, lovely, and quiet. Elegant drawing rooms burning logs and peat welcomed us each day as we entered the hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Arlene B
Dear Guest,

Both my colleagues and I found your kind words extremely encouraging, they speak for themselves really.

Thank you again and I hope it is not too long before we have the privilege of welcoming you back again.

New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

Nice rooms. Efficient and very comfortable, with everything you need. Good service. Friendly and helpful. Interesting architecture. Terrible service in their restaurant, but otherwise very nice. Just don't eat in the Cellar.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Hal013
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the review posted recently and for taking the time to share your experience with us.

We really do appreciate you taking the time and trouble to post it and I am pleased that overall you enjoyed your stay with us. I was most concerned to read of your experience at dinner in the Cellar Restaurant and I have already followed this up with the team as this is most unusual feedback for us to hear. Please accept my sincere apologies for the shortcomings you experienced and I only hope it will not deter you from staying with us again and to that end please do not hesitate to contact me personally so I can make the necessary arrangements.