“Fantastic.”
Review of The Merrion Hotel

The Merrion Hotel
Ranked #1 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

Having stayed in some of the best hotels all over the world, this is one to rival the best.

my girlfriend and I stayed here for a weekend break in the city and were very happy with our choice of hotel.

The staff at the merrion are attentive, knowledgeable, friendly and worth their weight in gold.

The building it's self is wonderful and the food also worth mentioning its quality.

Every taxi we got in, the driver was keen to talk about the Merrion as it clearly has a name around the city for being brilliant.

Dublin has a real gem here. 100% Worth a stay if in town.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Phil C
Manager_PMacCann, General Manager at The Merrion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2013

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the wonderful review posted recently and for taking the time to share your experience with us.

On behalf of everybody here, thank you for your very kind comments about the team here at The Merrion; it really makes it all worthwhile when somebody enjoys a visit as much as you and your girlfriend did. I hope it is not too long before we have the privilege of welcoming you both back again.

There are newer reviews for The Merrion Hotel

Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

This hotel is apparently the best in Dublin. So far I have been unimpressed . Asked for an early check in after a long flight for a king size room but even after wading through the check out scrum at noon I was initially told to wait until 15:00. After speaking with someone else did get a twin room on the ground floor after a 15 min wait. Room furnishings and carpet are very ,very worn and tired. TV reception is spotty for some channels. Bathroom appointments good but overall room temp on a ground floor room is cold with no change from thermostat .
To be fair, front desk staff and housekeeping staff are great, friendly and obviously well trained. Concierge staff a little standoffish/snobby. I may have just had a bad experience and haven't had the food or been to the cellar bar which is supposed to be good. But it seems this hotel is trading on its name and location . Probably needs a full remodel soon.

• Stayed: March 2013
3  Thank John F

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us.

Needless to say I was disappointed to read your comments regarding your stay with us. While I was pleased to read your kind comments about the service, regarding other aspects of your stay we clearly did not meet our own standards and for that I am sorry. We are continually striving to improve on our guest experience and the amenities and services we offer and we appreciate your feedback.

I am confident that should we have the privilege of welcoming you back again you will a more memorable experience and to that end please do not hesitate to contact me personally so as I can make the necessary arrangements.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

What a beautiful Hotel. We were fortunate to stay here on a short trip to Dublin and this Hotel just does not disappoint. From entering we were me as you would expect by polite, friendly and discreet staff and were dealt with immediately. We inquired why there was a press gang outside the door and were told we were expected which seemed like a very polite way of saying "sorry I can't say!". We found out later we shared the Hotel with Bruce Springsteen but try getting someone from the Hotel to tell you that. The rooms were spacious, spotless, bright and stocked with everything you may have forgotten when you packed. The bars and restaurants were pricey but you wouldn't expect anything less. The breakfast is a must have I would recommend everything. This is a hotel for couples not really a family Hotel I don't mean kids wouldn't be welcomed but the atmosphere is so relaxed and reserved I wouldn't dream of disturbing it with my kids. All in all an expensive Hotel but worth every penny.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank RobRyanincannes

Dear Guest,

We really do appreciate you taking the time and trouble to post it and I am delighted to read that you and your wife had such an enjoyable stay. For your next stay please do bring you children as we are a very family friendly hotel and have may packages and programs on offer to cater for our younger guests!

We hope to have the pleasure of having you stay with us again very soon.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

We visited the Merrion in March, and despite the late availability of access to our room, the hotel staff were simply amazing, nothing was ever a problem and they exceeded expectations. The cellar bar a must to visit!

Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Rachel F

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the wonderful review posted recently and for taking the time to tell us of your experience with us.

I have already shared your kind words with the entire team here and they all join me in thanking you. I hope it is not too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

Just back from a glorious one night stay in Dublin's number one hotel. From the warm welcome at check in, my wife was won over. She mentioned to the lady who showed us to our room that we were here for her birthday. Later in the afternoon an exquisite 'happy birthday' cake arrived at our room. The fantastic suite we were allocated (Lord Antrim)over looking Government Buildings was fabulous. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff from them valet parking our car through to the lovely staff who served us breakfast. Can not wait to be back again!!

Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank DouxHomme

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the absolutely fantastic review posted recently and for taking the time to share your experience with us.

On behalf of everybody here, thank you for your very kind comments about the service. I was delighted to read about how much both you and your wife enjoyed your stay on what was a special occasion and I hope it is not too long before we have the privilege of welcoming you back again.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

I had afternoon tea here recently which was very special, the room was like an old drawing room with a big open fire blazing. The tea although expensive was substantial and I later learned that I could have bought just one tea and shared it rather than the two which was a little too much. The staff packaged up the cakes for us to take home which was a nice touch. I will return again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank donnamw

Dear Guest,

I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed your experience at Art Afternoon Tea and I will pass on your very kind comments to my colleagues in our Drawing Rooms and the Pastry Chef. I hope it is not too long before you return to us again.

Reviewed March 23, 2013

We stayed in this hotel for 3 nights in March. We had two king rooms but because we booked through American Express we were upgraded to two junior suites in the main hotel. The rooms were beautiful and wanting for nothing. From the minute we arrived until the minute we left the service was extraordinary and everyone was very friendly. We had breakfast in the Cellar room as part of our package and it was a very nice buffet. And for anyone who is gluten free they offer gluten free toast as well. We also had dinner one night in the Cellar and the food was very good. The location is fantastic, walking distance to most of the sites and shopping, but it's on a side street so very quiet. I did not swim but the infinity pool looked very inviting. I really have nothing negative to stay. If I return to Dublin I will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank klk523

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us.

I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay and very pleased that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to stay with us again should you visit Dublin.