“Excellent hotel”

Ranked #1 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Roma
“Excellent hotel”
Reviewed March 10, 2013

This a an excellent hotel with a very relaxing atmosphere. I bet the best in Dublin. Room quality and comfort are of a superior category. So was breakfast, up to the top standard of the hotel. Needless to say that all the staff is very professional and courteous. Very convenient location.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Pierluigi B
Manager_PMacCann, General Manager at The Merrion Hotel, responded to this review, March 14, 2013

Peter Mac Cann

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (586)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Davenport, Iowa
Reviewed March 10, 2013

My son and I stayed at the Merrion for 7 days recently. This was our third time. They were good
enough to give us a double bedded room at the single bed rate. It had been about 16 months
since our last stay. There has been quite a change in personnel, which is sad when you had
such a good time previously. The new people were just as friendly as always, however things
seemed a little more disorganized. One thing, they had our days which were to have
breakfast completely messed up. But I am sure things will get straightened out. The service and atmosphere is way above all the other hotels we've have stayed at. They are always ready to help and answer questions. Fortunately, David, a lounge server is still at Merrion. It is so nice to
be able to come in at 2 AM and have a leisurely snack and drinks in the lounge, and in front of
a Fireplace.That cannot be equaled with any place I have stayed at. I will stay there again when
in Dublin.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Frank C
Dear Guest,

We really do appreciate you taking the time and trouble to post it. I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay and I hope it is not too long before we have the privilege of welcoming you back again. I was disappointed to read your comments about some organisational problems regarding breakfast and would welcome further details from you about this so I can follow up thoroughly.

Thank you again for your words of praise and I am delighted to see you plan on staying with us again. to that end please don’t hesitate to contact us in advance so we can make any arrangements on your behalf.

Cork, Ireland
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Stayed at the Merrion for my 50th birthday last weekend for 3 nights with my family, what a great time we had, we ate in the cellar bar the first night, the food was like michelin star and very reasonable too, on the 3rd night we ate in the cellar restaurant, a bit more expensive but equally as nice. I've stayed in many hotels in Dublin but the Merrion is by far the best, it really earns its 5 stars, the staff are so nice and friendly, I had an Indian head massage €55 for 30 minutes was very nice, the pool and steam room was also lovely, the bedrooms are really luxurious, we had 2 rooms interconnecting overlooking the garden, I really love this hotel and will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank James B
Dear Guest,

We really do appreciate you taking the time and trouble to post it and I am delighted to read that you plan on returning to stay with us in the future; I only hope that stay is as memorable as your last.

May I take this opportunity also to wish you a belated happy birthday and thank you for choosing to stay with us on this special occasion.

Ho Ho Kus
Reviewed March 7, 2013

My children -- ages 12 & 10 -- and I stayed for 4 nights at the Merrion in mid-February. We stayed in a two bedroom garden suite. Everything about our stay was wonderful, from start to finish. The staff is amazing. Courteous, helpful, great with children, acomodating -- anything you needed you got right away with a smile. The suite was beautiful -- huge rooms, comfortable beds, great turn down service. quiet and of course the building itself is beautiful. We had breakfast in our room everyday -- the food was delicious. Location is right in the heart of Dublin -- you can walk to many places of interest. Every great review of this place is true. This is a world class hotel without a doubt. I will be back next time I am in Dublin-- I wouldn't think of staying anywhere else.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Dinobaby
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the fantastic review posted recently and for taking the time to tell us of you and your family’s experience with us.

I have already shared your kind words with the entire team here and they all join me in thanking you. I am particularly pleased that your children enjoyed their stay too and I hope it is not too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you all to stay again.

Thanks again for your kind words.

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 7, 2013 via mobile

Excellent staff / Excellent location / Excellent room.
Could not have been happier.
Maybe a lower bill but a real treat.
Porters great fun !! It is the best in Dublin by far. Busy too
so the recession must be over !

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank SimonJRex
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the review posted recently and for taking the time to tell us of your experience with us.

I have already shared your kind words with the entire team here and they all join me in thanking you. I hope it is not too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you and your friends back again.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Business trip to Dublin. High standard hotel with good internet access. Staff professional but given that I frequently travel to Dublin and this was my first stay at the Hotel did not make an extra effort to convince me that they wanted me as a repeat customer. Maybe the quality of the hotel means they do not need to! I do recommend the stay here for the main reason that if you are travelling by yourself, they have a friendly & excellent Cellar Bar which serves one of the best steak & chips in Europe. Definitely a hotel I would stay with my wife when I take her on my next trip to Dublin.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank COPTHALL
Dear Guest,

We really do appreciate you taking the time and trouble to post it. I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay and in particular your visit to our Cellar Bar and I have shared your kind words with the team there along with our Chef.

I hope it is not too long before we have the privilege of welcoming you back again and that you will be accompanied by your wife.

belfast
Reviewed March 6, 2013

You know when people say you get what you pay for? Well, you really do at The Merrion.

You pay top dollar, but you get service,surroundings, luxury like no other.

I was there last March (2012) for a long weekend. Very quick review just to say everything everyone has told you is true.
From the moment you pull up outside and a top-hatted and tail-coated gentleman takes your car away to park it somewhere discreet (i never did know where!) to the moment you leave when they pack your luggage back in the car for you, you are treated with the utmost elegance and care. 5 star the whole way

We ate in both the restaurant, and the library for High Tea. Our deal included one evening meal, one high tea and two breakfasts, and everything was perfect. Reception were fantastic, the conceirge was fantastic- everyone offers such a high standard of service you wonder why everywhere can't be like this!

We had champagne, flowers, fresh fruit and chocolate in our room when we arrived, and the suite was just devine. Overlooking the gardens. Huge, clean and Perfect

Love the turndown service, loved the breakfast , loved the elegance of the building. You are treated like a rock star form start to finish.

Definately book a high tea if you can. I've never eaten so much at 3pm in the afternoon before, but every morsel was utterly to die for

The service in the restaurant is faultless, the food great.

The location, of course, is also utterly perfect, right on Merrion Square, 1 mins walk from Oscar Wilde's home and memorial, 5mins to St Stephen's Green Park, Just down from the National Gallery, and 10 mins walk from Grafton Street.

Adored my stay here, i wish i could afford to go back more regularly!
I coudl gush forever about it, but trust me, if you are dithering between the Merrion and another choice, take my advice and go the extra cost for the Merrion :)

Room Tip: Our suite overlooked the central gardens and was very elegant