“husbands birthday”

Ranked #1 of 153 Hotels in Dublin
dublin
“husbands birthday”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

I treated my husband to a saturday night stay in the Merrion in January. Staff made every effort to make his stay special. We were upgraded to a suite. A chocolate treat was in the room on arrival with happy birthday on it. The bed was huge and very comfortable. We had dinner in the cellar restaurant which was part of our overnight stay. Again when my husbands dessert arrived it had happy birthday written on the plate.
Overall a fantastic experience. Such a pity it was only for one night. Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank joan148
Manager_PMacCann, General Manager at The Merrion Hotel, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Dear Guest,

We really do appreciate you taking the time and trouble to post it and I am delighted to read that you and your husband had such an enjoyable stay. May I take this opportunity to wish your husband a belated happy birthday and thank you for choosing to stay with us for this special occasion; I am glad it was a memorable stay.

We hope to have the pleasure of having you both stay with us again very soon.

Peter Mac Cann

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (576)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Tianjin Region, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

As an Irish man who lives abroad -(and who has lived and worked in Hotels abroad for the last 20++ years and currently runs one of the best Hotels in China? and VP for a Hotel group there ) ) always nice to come home and this is my "new home" when I come to Dublin visiting friends and family etc. -used to stay in another property owned by a certain celebrity with Liffey views
but it has deteriorated over the years. Visited The Merrion just before Christmas as had to be back "home" in China for Christmas -outstanding -Real Irish hospitality at the Merrion -from reservations to pre arrival to check in to room with nice touches and superb location -great breakfast -too salty bacon but maybe just my taste!! Concierge and doorman knowledgable and helpful -overall just world class -great and friendly receptionist -good to see Irish Hospitality at its best -thank you !!

Room Tip: Rooms in main house ARE GREAT overlooking Government buildings -walking distance to main shopping ar...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank fintanBeijing
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the fantastic review posted recently and for taking the time to tell us of your experience with us.

I have already shared your kind words with the entire team here and they all join me in thanking you. We are honoured that The Merrion is your “new home” on your visits back to Dublin and we look forward to welcoming you back for your next stay.

If I or any of my colleagues can be of assistance in advance of your next stay please don’t hesitate to contact us directly.

Herefordshire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013

we stayed here last w/e for the second time and were not disappointed. The staff are highly trained and have wonderful manners. Nothing is to much trouble. we both has a wonderful massage in the Spa. My husband had a bad back and housekeeping provided a board to go under the mattress. We had a very cosy evening in our room watching a movie and had a delicious dinner served . Perfect.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank rosalindAymestrey
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us.

I was delighted to read how much you and your husband enjoyed your stay and very pleased that you returned for a second visit. I only hope your third stay will be as enjoyable as the previous ones!

Bury St. Edmunds, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

I stayed here whilst on business in Dublin. It is one of the best hotels I've been in. The rooms are fantastic with clean modern furniture and huge comfy beds and brilliant en suites. The staff are friendly and helpful. All this does come at a price and it is a big one! They even charge residents extra to park a vehicle on site which I thought unreasonable. A lovely hotel but to be honest, on the pricey side.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank David G

Maynooth, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013 via mobile

Initially I was slightly underwhelmed by the hotel lobby until I understood the principal of the hotel decor. Its walls are a blank canvas painted in basic colours for the purpose of displaying many excellent quality paintings. The lounge and bar are cozy with a welcoming fire in each. The rooms and spa facilities are of a good standard but thought the pool temperature was a bit low. What stands out for this hotel is the level of quality service by the staff. All were very welcoming and knowledgable. Any queries were dealt with efficiently. The welcome and engagement by all staff including maintenace people and cleaners was genuine.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Colin H
Dear Guest,

We really do appreciate you taking the time and trouble to post it and I am particularly delighted to read your comments about my colleagues. They all genuinely wish to bestow the highest possible levels of care and attention on all of our guests so your words of acknowledgement are appreciated greatly. I hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon and I only hope that stay is as memorable as your last.

Thank you again for your kind words.

South Yorkshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

As usual, brilliant. The service is second to none, they can't do enough for you. The room was amazing, and the bed was the size of a football pitch. (well it felt that way). If you want afternoon tea (another experience) you MUST book in advance or you will be disappointed. The spa treatments are costly but well worth it. (again, you must book in advance). The only niggle was the breakfast... a fabulous choice unless you happen to be a vegetarian. I wish we had discussed this with the staff, as I am sure my daughter would have been spoilt. Our 4th time here and certainly not the last.

Room Tip: always go for the most expensive your budget will allow... such comfort..... we always have the room...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank gaddingabout7
Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the fantastic review posted recently and for taking the time to tell us of you and your daughter’s experience with us.

We really do appreciate you taking the time and trouble to post it. I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay and I hope it is not too long before we have the privilege of welcoming you back again. We do make every effort to cater for our vegetarian guests so it is a pity this was not brought to our attention on this occasion.

Thank you again for your encouraging words.

Selsey, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2013 via mobile

This is a fantastic hotel .We have stayed in many hotels through out the world and this has got to be the best.
We were lucky enough to be upgraded to a junior suite,which was truly superb with a wonderful bathroom.
This hotel is beautifully run ,there are always plenty of staff around to cater for your every need.

The staff are excellent ,always friendly and ready to help without being at all condescending,always ready to go the extra mile.The front desk and concierge were always superb.
I could name many ,but Laura in the Cellar resturant stands out particularly .
The food in the Cellar Resturant is excellent and although the menu hardly changed over 3 days,there was plenty to choose from.We would recommend the prawn starter.
The hotel is situated in the heart of Dublin and is very convenient for all areas.We had a very enjoyable break here and will definately return when in Dublin again

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mark8jagman
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us and for such kind words of praise.

I have shared your review with the entire team here at The Merrion and they all join me in thanking you also. It gives us all a big boost when someone enjoys their stay as much as you did and we only hope it is not too long before we have the pleasure and privilege of welcoming you to stay with us once again.