“Loved this hotel”
Review of The Merrion Hotel

The Merrion Hotel
Ranked #1 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed January 6, 2013

This was an amazing hotel in Dublin. The staff are very friendly and courteous. The rooms are classic in their design and furnishings. I can't describe exactly why I loved my stay here so much but I had a feeling that I was home. Great experience.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank vancity9
Manager_PMacCann, General Manager at The Merrion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

Dear Guest,

We really do appreciate you taking the time and trouble to post it. I hope it is not too long before we have the privilege of welcoming you back again.

There are newer reviews for The Merrion Hotel

Reviewed January 6, 2013

The four nights we spent at the Merrion Hotel in late December 2012 were nothing short of excellent. The location, price, old Dublin feel, and modern conveniences came together to create the perfect experience. The people and service were great (very large staff). The multiple bars and restaurants provided the full set of options. And the afternoon tea, while difficult to get a reservation, was a perfect touch. And the location adjacent to St Stephen's Green was close enough to all shopping, museums, and attractions without feeling like you were in the "tourists".

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Overlook228

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the wonderful review posted recently and for taking the time to tell us of your experience with us.

I have already shared your kind words with the entire team here and they all join me in thanking you. I hope it is not too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again and that you and your family have another memorable stay with us. Thank you again for your kind words.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

Stayed last week for one night on €270 five star steal. Makes it within reach of us ordinary mortals. Delighted I got to see Christmas decorations in hotel, lovely time of year to stay. Had a pre dinner cocktail included in package, wow it was fab! Have no complaints, always find staff very professional and courteous. Everyone should try and stay at least one night here in their lifetime. It is my ambition that when all my children have grown up and flown the nest, I intend to stay over the Christmas period. Thanks for another lovely visit.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank scooby40

Dear Guest,

We really do appreciate you taking the time and trouble to post it. I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed your stay and I hope it is not too long before we have the privilege of welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

I had the tremendous pleasure to stay at The Merion Hotel for one week. It is the best hotel experience I have ever had. The service at the hotel can simply be described as perfect. The staff did absolutely everything they could to make the stay as good as one could wish. The room I stayed at was spacious, facing the beautiful garden. The location of the hotel is centrally within walking distance of more places of interest, and the restaurant at the Restaurant Patrick Guilbaud offers you outstanding classic French cuisine.
We will definitely visit Dublin within soon - if not for other reasons, then - to stay at this fantastic hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the garden are wonderful - look for a bright room.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank PTSHFrederiksberg

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay with us at The Merrion.

I have shared your wonderful comments with all the team here who join me in saying a “big thank you” also. I am truly delighted that you enjoyed your stay so much; your comment that you would look forward to returning to Dublin just to stay with us says it all really – thank you.

To that end I hope we have the privilege of welcoming you back to stay with us again very soon.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

Stayed at the merrion for one night, what a fabulous place, pleasant staff , comfortable room, swimming pool is fab, we had a meal in the celllar bar which do a great fish & chips , over all the merrion is good for families, couples of business, hope to call back soon.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank 47pauline

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the review posted recently and for taking the time to share your experience with us.

On behalf of everybody here, thank you for your kind comments which I have shared with the entire team here. I hope it is not too long before we have the privilege of welcoming you back again.

Reviewed January 2, 2013

Stayed at The Merrion for three nights between Xmas and New Year. This is our third visit and, again, didn't disappoint. Wonderful friendly service. The afternoon tea in front of the fire is a must but book in advance. The staff couldn't do enough to assist and make our stay comfortable.Tried the Cellar Restaurant on the first night and enjoyed a lovely dinner with great service.

We couldn't recommend The Merrion highly enough and looking forward to a return in the near future.

Room Tip: If possible book a superior or deluxe room
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank FellWalkers_10

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the absolutely wonderful review posted recently and for taking the time to share your experience with us.

On behalf of everybody here, thank you for your very kind comments about the team here at The Merrion. I must say we get a great “buzz” when we read comments like yours; it really makes it all worthwhile when somebody enjoys a visit as much as you did. We are honoured that The Merrion continues to be your hotel of choice when you visit Dublin and I hope it is not too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

We had a wonderful Christmas 2011 at the Merrion, everything were amazing. Santa came to see all the kids in the hotel and gave them presents. You feel warmth inn the hotel, the staff were amazing, the room service was great. We had Christmas dinner there and it was so good. We wish we went there Christmas 2012 but we decided to have it at the four seasons and we were dissoaponted about the service and some staff there this time. Merrion hotel is great place for good service...

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Saran2014

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the lovely review posted recently and for taking the time to tell us of your experience with us at Christmas in 2011.

I have already shared your kind words with the entire team here and they all join me in thanking you. I hope it is not too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again, perhaps for next Christmas!