“lovely but noisy....”
Review of The Merrion Hotel

The Merrion Hotel
Ranked #1 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed December 29, 2012

stayed at the merrion for a couple of days break with family.Our room (the merrion suite 291) was fabulous.separate sitting room and bedroom with a massive bed.complimentary champagne on arrival too.Staff at check in where so helpful.The swimming pool is fabulous,so relaxing.We had a meal in the celllar bar the first evening and it was fantastic.Unfortunatly breakfast the following morning was very dissapointing. We were waiting over 30 mins for our cooked meal and when it arrived it was cold.given it costs 29 euro for a full irish you would expect it to be hot!
There is a problem with noise in the rooms with one of our party changing rooms on the second night due to really creaky floor boards in the room above us.The second night there was a wedding in the function room directly below our room and I didnt get any sleep till after 4am.
I did bring this to the attention of the staff and they were apologetic about it but it might be an idea to place wedding guests in the rooms above the function room and not familys.
Breakfast the second morning was a vast improvement.
we will hopefully come back soon.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank DublinTrish
Manager_PMacCann, General Manager at The Merrion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the review posted recently and thank you so much for taking the time and trouble to post it; we all greatly appreciate it

Firstly I would like to apologise for the shortcomings you experienced at breakfast the first morning of your stay. I am only too aware of how frustrating this can be first thing in the morning moreover after you have had a fitful night’s sleep due to noise disturbance. I am pleased to see that the second morning was an improvement and that you enjoyed your suite and your dinner in the Cellar Bar.

Thank you again for bringing these matters to my attention and I am delighted that they will not deter you from staying with us again. To that end I would be very grateful if you would contact me personally so as I can make the arrangements personally for your next stay which I can assure you will be faultless.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Peter Mac Cann

Write a ReviewReviews (3,483)

Reviewed December 20, 2012

The most imortant things of this hotel are
1 Irish tea in front of the fireplace a thing to do
2.pleasant staff
3.rooms quiet soundproff and good night obscurity even for a nap
4.fantastic breakfast with Irish specialities
4. good for couples families or bussiness

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Marcelo_M312741

Dear Guest,

We really do appreciate you taking the time and trouble to post it. I hope it is not too long before we have the privilege of welcoming you back again.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

We recently had a two night stay in the Merrion Hotel Dublin and I have to say it was an amazing Hotel experience. The staff are really professional and very friendly always going out of their way to make guests feel welcome. The room was really nice and wonderfully comfortable . The hotel was decorated amazingly for Christmas (the best I've seen at home and abroad). The check-in process was a dream, the concierge spotted me parked down the street, came over and managed to create a parking spot for me right outside the hotel, took my bags and car keys and from then on I had no more worries. My arrival and check-in was just such a pleasure.
Location wise, this hotel has it all, its on a really nice street with great surrounding buildings, a short stroll from the main shopping area, Stephens green and all of the great galleries. The Cellar Bar is fantastic, very peaceful during the day, serving really good food , drinks and coffee and always has a great buzz in the evening. I'll definitely return to the Merrion Hotel. We normally travel abroad for our pre-Christmas buzz but after this experience I think we'll definitely stay local in the future and return to the Merrion because it has it all.
"Thank you and Happy Christmas to all the staff of the Merrion Hotel for this wonderful experience"

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Michelle J

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the wonderful and comprehensive review posted recently and for taking the time to share your experience with us.

On behalf of everybody here, thank you for your very kind comments about the team here at The Merrion. I must say we get a great “buzz” when we read comments like yours; it really makes it all worthwhile when somebody enjoys a visit as much as you did.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

Stayed at the Merrion Hotel for 3 days, perfect location, very friendly and efficient staff. We stayed in the standard double (queen size bed), the room was well proportioned (30m2) including a bath and separate shower, only one sink though. The rooms are very clean, good quality bed linen and well equipped.
The Hotel has open fires in two different lounges which in winter create a cosy intimate atmosphere.
We did not get to use the hotel much as we were in late and up early. Would stay there again for sure.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ian S

Dear Guest,

We really do appreciate you taking the time and trouble to post it and I am delighted to read that you plan on returning to stay with us in the near future. I only hope that stay is as memorable as your last.

Reviewed December 16, 2012 via mobile

I booked a room here on the back of tripadvisor but was nervous as the picture make the hotel look dated.

It is not. It is a fab hotel with amazing staff that can't do enough for you.

Great location round the corner from a lovely lil wine bar.

• Stayed: December 2012
2  Thank macbook8643

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the wonderful review posted recently and for taking the time to tell us of your experience with us.

I have already shared your kind words with the entire team here and they all join me in thanking you. I hope it is not too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again.

Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

My first trip to Dublin was enchanting!
I enjoyed it and can't wait to go back.

The hotel is in a great location from great restaurants, shopping, bars and pubs.
The suites are lovely, nice decor, cosy, traditional and modern.
The bathroom was a good size and luxurious. Always a big plus for me.

This hotel has a certain elegance and history. I enjoyed my stay very much and can't wait to go back.

Good shops too!

• Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank Cupcakebrown1983

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the lovely review posted recently and for taking the time to share your experience with us during your first visit to Dublin.

Reviewed December 12, 2012

My girlfriend and I recently spent two nights at The Merrion Hotel in downtown Dublin and had a marvelous stay.
Our King bedded room was quite lovely with a large sitting area and a fireplace that was just ornamental.
The entire staff of the hotel were very accommodating' especially Patrick at the Concierge Desk.
We will definitely use it again if we return to Dublin in our travels.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mike M

Dear Guest,

I have already shared your kind words with the entire team here including Patrick at Concierge and they all join me in thanking you. I hope it is not too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again.