“Loved this hotel!”
Review of The Merrion Hotel

The Merrion Hotel
Ranked #1 of 150 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed December 15, 2012 via mobile

My first trip to Dublin was enchanting!
I enjoyed it and can't wait to go back.

The hotel is in a great location from great restaurants, shopping, bars and pubs.
The suites are lovely, nice decor, cosy, traditional and modern.
The bathroom was a good size and luxurious. Always a big plus for me.

This hotel has a certain elegance and history. I enjoyed my stay very much and can't wait to go back.

Good shops too!

• Stayed: March 2012
2  Thank Cupcakebrown1983
Manager_PMacCann, General Manager at The Merrion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2013

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the lovely review posted recently and for taking the time to share your experience with us during your first visit to Dublin.

We really do appreciate you taking the time and trouble to post it and I am delighted to read that you plan on returning to stay with us in the near future. I only hope that stay is as memorable as your last.

Peter Mac Cann

Write a ReviewReviews (3,489)

Reviewed December 12, 2012

My girlfriend and I recently spent two nights at The Merrion Hotel in downtown Dublin and had a marvelous stay.
Our King bedded room was quite lovely with a large sitting area and a fireplace that was just ornamental.
The entire staff of the hotel were very accommodating' especially Patrick at the Concierge Desk.
We will definitely use it again if we return to Dublin in our travels.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mike M

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the wonderful review posted recently and for taking the time to tell us of your experience with us.

I have already shared your kind words with the entire team here including Patrick at Concierge and they all join me in thanking you. I hope it is not too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again.

Reviewed December 12, 2012

This was our second stay at the Merrion this year when "home" from Paris to visit family. There is just something about the whole tone at the Merrion that is appealing. The service is friendly yet extemely professional and courteous. The atmosphere is cosy with lots of class: beautiful common areas where guests can enjoy a wonderful collection of art. Bedrooms are spacious and comfortable. Spa, pool & gym areas are extremely well equipped with attention to detail. The location is second to none: a short stroll to Merrion Square and to some of Dublin's finest attractions: the National Gallery & Trinity College. The only problem....we no longer want to stay anywhere else in Dublin!

Room Tip: Ask for a garden view!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CDPARIS

Reviewed December 12, 2012

Easily the best hotel I have stayed in, from the moment you arrive to the minute you leave your in the lap of luxury.

Staff absolutely brilliant, so charming and friendly restaurant fantastic food amazing.

We went for our friends 50th birthday, this hotel made it a weekend we will never forget.

Room Tip: f you stay go for one of the deals, we chose dine and dream which was fantastic vale for money.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Moonboots11

Dear Guest,

I have already shared your kind words with the entire team here and they all join me in thanking you. I hope it is not too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again and that you and your friends have another memorable stay with us. Thank you again for your kind words.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Had a wonderful stay at this beautiful hotel this weekend. In Dublin we always stay at the Merrion or the Four Seasons. We recently had our third baby and the Four Season were no longer interested in accommodating us with our small children. Not so the Merrion and especially Sheila in reservations who couldn't do enough for us. Our Delux room in the Main House was elegant and comfortable with wonderful bathroom and everything you would expect in a five star. But, like so many others have said, it is the professionalism and courtesy of the staff that make this a truely wonderful hotel. We look forward to our next visit.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Minnie026

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the fantastic review posted recently and for taking the time to share your experience with us.

On behalf of everybody here, thank you for your very kind comments about the team here at The Merrion. I must say we get a great “buzz” when we read comments like yours; it really makes it all worthwhile when somebody enjoys a visit as much as you did.

I am delighted to read that we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again and do let us know if we can be of any assistance in the meantime.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

The Merrion is beautiful. Unfortunately I did not stay at the Merrion, but I did go to tea there with my brother and uncle. They went mostly to appease me and sit down after walking around a lot. We had a gorgeous sunny day and the terrace area with the fountains was so relaxing. Although tea was not high on my brother or uncle's list of things to do, the experience ended up being a highlight of our trip to Dublin. The food, service and ambiance was incredible. I will definitely return.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank travelgirl1009

Dear Guest,

We really do appreciate you taking the time and trouble to post it. I was delighted to read how much you enjoyed your visit to our beautiful gardens which are always a favourite of our guests and I hope it is not too long before we have the privilege of welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

Just back from a 2 night weekend break, and pleased to say we hope all going well to make a return visit.the staff are all so pleasant especially the doormen , they do a really great job.
We used room service quite a lot this visit, and found it to be of a very high standard.
The staff who took our orders and the delivery staff were all so professional but very friendly at the same time, this can be difficult to achieve but no such issues here.
The spa area is lovely and very well maintained.
Can't wait for our next visit.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank KildareCian

Dear Guest,

I have already shared your kind words with the entire team here and they all join me in thanking you. I hope it is not too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again.