“Well worth the cost of staying here!”
Review of The Merrion Hotel

The Merrion Hotel
Ranked #1 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Reviewed November 16, 2012

This was not the most expensicve hotel we have ever stayed at, The Merrion is definitely one of the very best hotels we have stayed at ever. Its location is perfect for walking to dinner, pubs, tourist sites, shopping, etc., and the Hop On Hop Off Bus stops almost in front of the door. The rooms are well appointed and comfortable with no amenity overlooked. Staff are all amazing.

Room Tip: Wish we had known to book a room with a view of the gardens or Prime Minister's residence. Our s...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank 2WorldTravellers416
Manager_PMacCann, General Manager at The Merrion Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

Dear 2WorldTravellers416,

Many thanks for the wonderful review posted recently and for taking the time to share your experience with us.

On behalf of everybody here, thank you for your very kind comments about the team here at The Merrion; it really makes it all worthwhile when somebody enjoys a visit as much as you did. I hope it is not too long before we have the privilege of welcoming you back again.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

Excellent hotel.Friendly staff.Great rooms.Without doubt a great 5 star hotel.Would highly recommend it.Bar prices are on high side but that unfortunately is the norm for 5 star hotels.Pool and gym are in the basement and there is no supplement charge.Can't wait to go back

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank baz1965

Dear baz1965,

Many thanks for the wonderful review posted recently and for taking the time to tell us of your experience with us.

I have already shared your kind words with the entire team here and they all join me in thanking you and I am delighted that we will have the privilege of welcoming you back to stay with us again.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

We had a super time here, the hotel was very well appointed, service not too in-your-face and the pool was lovely. In fact i can't think of anything to complain about apart from there being too many sweets in the mini-bar!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank hotgreenfish

Dear hotgreenfish,

I have already shared your kind words with the entire team here and they all join me in thanking you. I hope it is not too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

If your budget can stretch to stay at the Merrion you will not be dissapointed . From the moment you arrive you feel as if wrapped in cashmere , the ambiance , the service and the food . This is the yardstick by which city centre hotels should be meseaured .

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Selectionbox

Dear HeathcliffDublin,

I have already shared your kind words with the entire team here and they all join me in thanking you and I hope it is not too long before we have the pleasure of welcoming you back again.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

You have a lot of better 5 star hotels in Dublin then The Merrion Hotel.
Service was more of a 3 star. Breakfast was more than 45 minutes after we placed are order.
The room was a disappointment small and old. Service from the bar to the front desk is slow and
and not attendant .You pay for the Merrion Hotel reputation but I saw none of it.This was my second and last time for The Merrion Hotel

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
8  Thank Kevin B

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the review posted recently and for taking the time to tell us of your experience with us.

Needless to say I was disappointed to read your comments about your stay and clearly your experience of staying with us was not to your liking. I can only hope that you will be so kind as to contact me directly either by phone or by email on generalmanager@merrionhotel.com so I can follow up in a more specific way and perhaps persuade you to return to stay with us so as we can restore your faith in the Merrion Experience.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

We have stayed in many deluxe hotels over the years. The Merrion ranks among the finest in all the criteria we judge a hotel by --service, room size and quality and restaurant service and quality. The size of the room, quality of the furnishings, closet space and bathroom fixtures were outstanding. The concierge, reception and bell service were as good as they get -- the employees acted as if we were old and good friends for whom they were doing a favor. Quite remarkable. Breakfast was delicious and our drinks and dinner at the Cellar were memorable. The Merrion is conveniently located in an upscale but unpretentious area. There are good pubs right around the corner.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank K-traveler13

Dear K-traveler13,

Many thanks for the fantastic review posted recently and for taking the time to share your experience with us.

On behalf of everybody here, thank you for your very kind comments about all aspects of your stay here at The Merrion. It is very satisfying for all the team here when we read comments like yours; it really makes it all worthwhile when somebody enjoys a visit as much as you did.

Reviewed November 12, 2012

Stayed here last weekend very friendly and efficient staff make you feel very welcome. We ate in the cellar bar food was very nice.Breakfast once again service fantastic but to be honest the breakfast itself while very tasty was a little mean you wouldn't want to be starving. The only negative i have is that the rugby was on and after we had checked out we had planned to go do a bit of shopping on grafton street but we were not allowed leave our car in the car park so we ended up just going home spoilt the day a little. It felt a little like we have your money next please. I understand they were probably very busy but we checked out around 11 going by hotel policy check out is 12 after spending 300 plus you would think a couple of hours wouldn't have mattered considering check in is 3pm.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Paul S

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for the review posted recently and for taking the time to share your experience with us, we really do appreciate you taking the time and trouble to post it.

While I was very pleased to read your very favourable comments about the team here at The Merrion I am sorry that your stay ended on less than a positive note considering we were unable to look after your car. I can assure you that in no way were we trying to “rush you” and I am genuinely sorry that this occurred. Perhaps you would be so kind as to contact me directly so I can investigate this matter further.

Please be assured that we value your comments and take them on board fully and I sincerely hope it is not too long before we have the privilege of welcoming you back again.

I hope to hear from you soon.