“Five Star Staff, Great Hotel”

Dublin Skylon Hotel
Ranked #33 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Co Antrim Northern Ireland
“Five Star Staff, Great Hotel”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Got a fantastic deal on the hotel website, £42 pp for B&B and a 2 course evening meal with a glass of wine.

Lobby Area is warm and welcoming and we were checked in by a very friendly and helpful young lady who is a great ambassador for the hotel.

Room was beautifully presented,everything you need, including free WiFi, tea and coffee tray, easy chairs and a little coffee table.
Bed was very comfortable and we were warm and cosy despite the snowfall during the night.
Bathroom is a little dated and towels were a bit thin,but I have been assured by Shane that bathroom upgrades will happen soon.

Meal in the bar was lovely,good choice and nice wine.
Breakfast was good,again, lots of choice and cooked to order.

Staff in this hotel are amazing, all very friendly and helpful, nothing was a problem to them.

We got the bus from Dublin Airport rather than wait for the Hotel Shuttle and it was quite straight forward .

Would have no hesitation in staying here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Relations Manag... ., General Manager at Dublin Skylon Hotel, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear Sentosa54

Many thanks for your comments about my amazing staff - I am truely blessed with great staff!

Drop me a little e-mail when you are returning. Hope to see you soon

Regards

Shane
G.M.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (262)
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Warwick
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Hi my sister lives in Ireland and I in England. We wanted a short break, no kids close to town centre, and we found this one. Excellent service, rooms clean, tidy, comfortable beds. The staff can not do enough for you. It is great to go to a city and meet local people. Live good live music was on Friday and Saturday, I will be going back, we also had dinner in the hotel, once again excellent. Dublin airport get the number 11 bus, going into the centre take any bus heading that way, only takes 10 minutes. thank you to all the staff there. Oh yes book on the hotel bus to go back to the hotel only3 euro......

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank wardiep
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed April 13, 2013

I needed to stay somewhere in Northside of Dublin in order to attend event based there and decided to stay in Skylon hotel, because of their good rate here. I must say I was pleasantly surprised. Hotel is very clean, bright and fresh looking. I did not realized that it is 3 stars until I booked it, and honestly I've been worried. But hotel could easily fit into 4 star category. I want to thanks personally Colette on reception who gave me complimentary upgrade to executive room and booked my hairdresser's appointment in 5 minutes time. Very efficient!
Taxi drive to the city center cost me 10 euro, and it is about 10 min drive.
I did not eat in the hotel, but bar and restaurant area looked very well. Hotel has a large bright lobby where many people sitting around: reading or chatting. I am usually very sensitive with hard hotels beds, but this room has very comfortable respa bed.
Overal a very good impression. Highly reccomended.

Room Tip: Try to stay in executive rooms.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank lovewhite
Weybridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 11, 2013

This hotel is located very conveniently between Dublin Airport and Dublin City. The staff are very friendly and welcoming. The rooms are a very good size, well fitted out and everything works ! I checked in late at night, the dining room was closed but the bar staff rose to the occasion and I enjoyed some really good bar food accompanied of course by a traditional Guinness. There is a large car park and the broadband worked on my first attempt and was fast ! Would recommend this hotel to anyone looking to stay North of the city but withing a stones throw of the airport, the city and Croke Park.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Colin M
Mayo
Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

Stayed there on Monday night with my wife and had a meeting the next day. Breakfast lovely and light lunch in bar good. Very friendly people work at the Skylon particularly at the reception desk and in the restaurant.

• Stayed April 2013
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Truly 5* from the minute we arrived til we left. They even fulfilled all of our requests with a smile. Clean comfortable rooms. Breakfast had such a great choice it was difficult to settle on one thing we haf enough for breakfast and lunch. All set out in pleasing dinning room. Great choice on lunch menu which of course we sampled. Staff very helpful and prompt with any assistance required. Altogether great value for money in an excellent location. Would stay again. Group of 4 adults on long weekend break but I would definitely stay here again even with my family aged 13 and 9. No complaints only praise.

• Stayed April 2013
Palma de Mallorca, Spain
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Stopped in the hotel for 2 nights and could not of asked for anything better, the staff gave me a warm welcome and made my stay so enjoyable, from the moment I walked through the door I have nothing but the highest praise for the hotel and the staff. The room was spotless and of a very high standard, the beds are very comfortable and the staff have been amazing, I could not of wished for anything more. Will be making a return in the future.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business