“Good Experience, Good Value”

Dublin Skylon Hotel
Ranked #35 of 151 Hotels in Dublin
Zurich, Switzerland
“Good Experience, Good Value”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Stayed for two nights. Arrived really early and was allocated a room straight away, despite the check-in time being 2pm. Staff were really friendly throughout our stay.

Had a bit of an issue with our room in the evening (facility issue and barking dog!) We were moved almost immediately without having to ask. Top service.

Beds comfortable, bathroom clean, shower nice.

Location really convenient for the city centre, the airport and the botanical gardens.

The only complaint I'd make, if I had to, would be the temperature of the room at night - much too hot - we popped a window open, and solved the issue.

Would definitely stay again if I happened to be in town.

• Stayed February 2013
GuestRelationSkylon, General Manager at Dublin Skylon Hotel, responded to this review, February 10, 2013
Dear The-RobertB83,

Many thanks for coming to stay with us. I am delighted that my front desk team got you checked-in early and that you found all the staff really friendly - we appreciate your kind comments. Thankfully the barking dog has not been heard of since and the room temperature can be adjusted by the thermostat but I think I may have the hotel too hot at present; I am always mindful of my international guests - I would hate for them to think that Ireland is cold!

I am delighted to hear that you are coming back to stay with us again. Drop me an e-mail when you are returning as it would be lovely to meet you the next time smcgavock@dublinskylonhotel.com

GM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (267)
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Indonesian first
  • Polish first
Milan, Italy
Reviewed February 8, 2013

My mum and I stayed in this Hotel 3 years ago..It was a terrible experience!!
The hotel assegned us the room..but, when we returned from our trip of the city, they had assegned our room to the other people, who looked in our lugguge. It was an incredible thing!!
when I was going to the recepition, I asked them to tell with general manager; after that, the first night slept in the bleak and small room and for other nights, general manager assegned us a suit and he gave back the money.
But,the staf wasn't sociable and was chilly!
I never go back again!!!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank camillina88
Camillina

Sorry to hear about your experinece of the hotel when you stayed 3 years ago. You will be pleased to learn that much has changed since you last stayed at the hotel. The Skylon is now a Best Western Hotel with a new management and front desk team. I would love you to come back to the hotel and I personally guarantee that you will have an exceptional stay with us. Please contact me directly the next time that you are returning to Dubln smcgavock@dublinskylonhotel.com

Best Western Dublin Skylon Hotel
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 6, 2013 via mobile

Having stayed in many hotels, Best Western are differ based on locale and size. This was a medium sized hotel with good comfortable facilities. I had been allocated an executive room which consisted of a double and 2 single beds. Why an executive room requires more beds I don't understand. The beds are satisfactory but the rooms where just too warm, there was very little you could do about it. The reception area is pleasant and the bar is comfortable. The breakfast service was speedy and the quality was acceptable.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
GuestRelationSkylon, General Manager at Dublin Skylon Hotel, responded to this review, February 7, 2013
Dear Mark

Many thanks for your nice comments about breakfast, bar and breakfast. With regard to the room type I would suggest one of our double rooms with one large super kingsize bed might be more appropriate if you are staying on your own. At this time of year we do have the heat on for long periods but the there is a thermostat to control the temperature in the room. I hope to meet you the next time that you return. Please drop me a quick e-mail before hand and I will look after your room allocation personally - smcgavock@dublinskylonhotel.com

Best Western Dublin Skylon Hotel
Ireland
Reviewed January 27, 2013

I stayed at the Skylon Hotel for 4 nights last week when my husband was in Hospital. I asked for a room on the first floor which i got but after one night found it noisy. from street noise. I asked to be moved and when i returned from the Hospital i had been upgraded to an executive room with all my luggage moved. They were so helpful at Reception . This is a very comfortable Hotel which is close to city centre and the Airport. I ate in the Bar one night it was very nice. i could not fault this hotel and will stay there again.

Room Tip: their is a bus stop across the road with buses running frequently into city centre.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank IrelandHerbie
GuestRelationSkylon, General Manager at Dublin Skylon Hotel, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear IrelandHerbie

I am delighted that you found the staff to be heplful. Thank you for staying with us and I hope that you will return soon. Hopefully you are finished with hospital visits and your next trip will be a theatre break or a big shopping spree! Drop me an e-mail when you are booking next and I will upgrade you to an Executive room or one of our new rooms with Super King Size Respa Beds. I hope to meet you soon.

smcgavock@dublinskylonhotel.com
Cannock, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I've taken friends to Dublin many times over the years, but I've NEVER before been driven to write a "hotel review". Our experience at The Dublin Skylon in Drumcondra was simply first class. Clean and beautifully appointed, the hotel is located very conveniently for airport / ferry and onward travel into the city centre. For the duration of our stay, the staff were exceptional, restaurant dining was of a very high quality and the bar area was friendly & welcoming. For anyone seeking my advice on "where to stay in Dublin"; THIS hotel is top of the list.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank T0M0541
Dear Tomo541

Many thanks for the lovely comments about the hotel and my staff. We loved having your group stay with us. You rocked our Thursday night Trad Session with all your musicians and the guy who produced a double bass is a complete legend. That must have been fun getting that through Ryanair cabin restrictions!

I have heard a rumour that you guys are coming back soon. I hope that is true as we never got that pint of Guinness together. See you soon and it's your round at the bar!!

G.M.
Dublin
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel 2/3 nights a month for several months now. I cannot find fault with anything, from friendly efficient reception to the comfortable bedrooms, the breakfast service, the bar (live music on Thursday nights with all pints at 4 euros). Free WiFi in lobby area with cable connection in rooms. There were no views from any of the rooms I had (7), but as a business client, it was of no concern
Did not have dinner in hotel, opting for choice of restaurants directly across road. Italian, Chinese, Indian, pub grub.
Staff in hotel were friendly and efficient.
Location is excellent, convenient for airport and city centre with a regular bus service from outside hotel

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Dear Roy C,

Many thanks for all your business it is very much appreciated. For your information the free Wi-Fi is now available throughout the hotel so you can access this from your bedroom as well as the lobby or bar. We are also fitting rooms with new Respa Super King Size beds. Bigger is always better so on your next return just ask reception for one of these rooms and I promise you will love the new beds! I am glad you enjoy the restaurants beside the hotel but I have to insist that you sample our food. On your next return I would love you to try our new Pre-Theatre menu compliments of the hotel. Drop me an e-mail when you are returning and I will look after your reservation smcgavock@dublinskylonhotel.com. I look forward to seeing you again soon.

galway
Reviewed January 18, 2013

I found the hotel to be clean spacious and accommodating. The staff were polite, friendly, helpful and nothing was too much trouble. They rearranged furniture,provided extra blankets, takeaway breakfast for a sick member of our party and even entertained us after hours in the lobby. I will definitely be returning here and have already booked a return trip. The food in the bar was good quality and large portions and the entertainment was not too loud and enjoyable. all in all an excellent weekend away with the ladies! But would be equally enjoyable as a couples break.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
GuestRelationSkylon, General Manager at Dublin Skylon Hotel, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Dear Karngalway,

Many thanks for your lovely comments about the hotel. I am delighted that our staff looked after your party well. We work hard on our food offering and the entertainment in the bar so your positive feedback is very much appreciated. It is great that you are returning to us shortly. Drop me an e-mail and let me know when you are coming back - maybe we could organise a little treat for you! smcgavock@dublinskylonhotel.com